Iowa 0-8 on third down.

Sea of Red

You eliminate the turnovers from the offense, and Huskers could have won this game.

Turnovers hurt way more than stopping the opposing offense on every 3rd down play.

Eliminate the turnovers, and I think we win it easily... The one thing we couldn't afford to do in this game...

The penalties were pretty awful too. There were very few 5 yarders. They were all monsters.

You eliminate the turnovers from the offense, and Huskers could have won this game.

Turnovers hurt way more than stopping the opposing offense on every 3rd down play.

Eliminate the turnovers, and I think we win it easily... The one thing we couldn't afford to do in this game...

The penalties were pretty awful too. There were very few 5 yarders. They were all monsters.

I guess I was too hung up on the interceptions that I almost forgot about all of the penalties. They all seemed to be at just the wrong time too.

I won't argue here about the validity of the targeting call with regards to the wording of the rule, but man do I hate that penalty. I understand why they have it, but too often I'm not sure what the defender is supposed to do- let the other guy catch and run?

I guess I was too hung up on the interceptions that I almost forgot about all of the penalties. They all seemed to be at just the wrong time too.

I won't argue here about the validity of the targeting call with regards to the wording of the rule, but man do I hate that penalty. I understand why they have it, but too often I'm not sure what the defender is supposed to do- let the other guy catch and run?

8 for 95 yards.

Gerry has taken a lot of heat this year, but several of those second half busts probably wouldn't have happened if he was in there. Williams still played pretty good in his absence.

Kenny Bell had a great tweet about this.

The two penalties that really got to me was the back to back false starts.

It was pretty neat that we were (at least fairly) competitive with the #4 team in the nation. Imagine if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot over and over.

Going to have to hurl over the fact that this 12-0, #4 team was Iowa, though...

I have to disagree that we were "competitive" with Iowa. NU never led at any point in the game, and was down 2 scores for most of the 2nd half. Iowa didn't do much on offense because they really didn't need to.