Now Let Me Clear My Throat

ScottyIce

You guys can make all the jokes you want.

Fact of the matter is this: Too many posters are leaving here for a change of atmosphere because of all the crap that has been getting tossed around here by throwaway posters who only post after a loss, or the same nonsense in every thread.

Agree with Matty or not, his passion for the team is what brought him here, and stupid crap is driving him and many others away. Don't let this place die.

This isn't his first time making a big announcement that he's leaving. Matty tries to cause too much drama, I'm not sad to see him go.

How about the rest of the crew we have lost recently ovee the same BS Matty is fed up with? That's the point.

Fact of the matter is this: Too many posters are leaving here for a change of atmosphere because of all the crap that has been getting tossed around here by throwaway posters who only post after a loss, or the same nonsense in every thread.

Agree with Matty or not, his passion for the team is what brought him here, and stupid crap is driving him and many others away. Don't let this place die.

Matty's Kool-Aid drinking was typically too much for me, but I didn't mind him. As far as throwaway posters coming here after a loss, it's not their fault. If our team had a bright future or if they've won something of substance in the last decade and a half then maybe it wouldn't be as severe.

The reality is that fans are realizing what Nebraska's new normal is. That reality is something that should've been realized a few years ago, but the questionable coaching hire leading to results nobody is surprised with, has caused the fans to realize the nails are being hammered into the coffin. They aren't happy about it and post their frustration. It's a message board, get used to it.

• Fire 1

This isn't his first time making a big announcement that he's leaving. Matty tries to cause too much drama, I'm not sad to see him go.

How about the rest of the crew we have lost recently ovee the same BS Matty is fed up with? That's the point.

It will only get worse, the torch/pitchfork crowd are winning and although it can be entertaining to see the meltdown from time to time it is no longer the novelty it once was. We are in real trouble in Nebraska, do you want to spend time in a place that feels like this or are you happier in a place that allows some optimism?

This is my longest membership to any online group, and the only one I have ever reached 1,000 posts and I am thinking about joining Matty and the sunshine pumpers in neverneverland.

Matty's Kool-Aid drinking was typically too much for me, but I didn't mind him. As far as throwaway posters coming here after a loss, it's not their fault. If our team had a bright future or if they've won something of substance in the last decade and a half then maybe it wouldn't be as severe.

The reality is that fans are realizing what Nebraska's new normal is. That reality is something that should've been realized a few years ago, but the questionable coaching hire leading to results nobody is surprised with, has caused the fans to realize the nails are being hammered into the coffin. They aren't happy about it and post their frustration. It's a message board, get used to it.

I was writing a similar comment, but wasn't making my point as well. So +1 to you.

And Redux, what would have us do to fix this problem? We can't ban new posters, it would be un-American to prohibit negative posts about the team, and it seems like the mods and admins can't handle it.

• Fire 2

I was writing a similar comment, but wasn't making my point as well. So +1 to you.

And Redux, what would have us do to fix this problem? We can't ban new posters, it would be un-American to prohibit negative posts about the team, and it seems like the mods and admins can't handle it.

Back in the good ole days, the servers would crash after a loss creating a mandatory cool-off period. Maybe we can roll back the server software?

It will only get worse, the torch/pitchfork crowd are winning and although it can be entertaining to see the meltdown from time to time it is no longer the novelty it once was. We are in real trouble in Nebraska, do you want to spend time in a place that feels like this or are you happier in a place that allows some optimism?

This is my longest membership to any online group, and the only one I have ever reached 1,000 posts and I am thinking about joining Matty and the sunshine pumpers in neverneverland.

Be optimistic. Be as optimistic as you want, but don't be like Matty and AFhusker and shout down anyone that disagrees with you (or in AF's case call them retarded). There is room for disagreement, just don't take sh#t personally. That's Matty's problem (and 74hunter... aka "thanks for the personal attack").

Am I happy with the team? No... but while I might disagree with you (and do so with great vigor) I will never tell someone they need to stop being optimistic.

• Fire 2

Back in the good ole days, the servers would crash after a loss creating a mandatory cool-off period. Maybe we can roll back the server software?

When exactly was the good ole days?

I don't know the exact dates, but I joined around the time BC was fired, up until at least 2013 huskerboard would basically turn off after a loss due to the traffic.

I don't know the exact dates, but I joined around the time BC was fired, up until at least 2013 huskerboard would basically turn off after a loss due to the traffic.

I think that stopped well before 2013, but I'm horrible with dates.

I think that stopped well before 2013, but I'm horrible with dates.

Me too. Was probably '09, time keeps speeding up on me.

:confucius