21 interceptions on the year...

Saunders

So the coaches teach TA to just wing the ball off his back foot into triple coverage. Gotcha

The coaches are suppose to teach TA NOT to just wing the ball off of his back foot into triple coverage...do you "gotcha" this?...

If I were Armstrong's coach and he were still doing this after four games, I would have put thumb tacks in the shoe of his back throwing foot. If he were still doing it after six games, he would be up in the stands hustling Dr. Pepper with Larry Culpepper and I would be developing Jamal Turner back into a quarterback.

Does it look like to you that Armstrong has been coached into a better quarterback this last season than he was the season before?...Anyone?...

Some people just can't be taught, the fact that TA walked out of practice on the coaches during I@wa prep should tell you all you need to know about TA's demeanor and willingness to learn. What confounds me is why the coaches didn't punish him to send a message that would pay dividends down the line.

Do you have a link to this? I hadn't read it.

So the coaches teach TA to just wing the ball off his back foot into triple coverage. Gotcha

The coaches are suppose to teach TA NOT to just wing the ball off of his back foot into triple coverage...do you "gotcha" this?...

If I were Armstrong's coach and he were still doing this after four games, I would have put thumb tacks in the shoe of his back throwing foot. If he were still doing it after six games, he would be up in the stands hustling Dr. Pepper with Larry Culpepper and I would be developing Jamal Turner back into a quarterback.

Does it look like to you that Armstrong has been coached into a better quarterback this last season than he was the season before?...Anyone?...

Do you think they haven't been teaching him not to throw off his back foot? How many times should they go over it in practice? 100, 1000, 10000 times? Armstrong doesn't throw off his back foot during pre-game warmups. I'm all for working on it as long as it takes, but I don't believe they are allowed to have 12 hour practices. At what point is it on the player for not figuring it out? I can tell a goldfish it's a shark 24/7, but after a while it's still only going to be a mildly aggressive goldfish.

I'm all for the thumb tack idea, but we know in this day and age there would be protesters lining up outside. I was also all for JT at QB going back to the Martinez days.

Which is this second highest number in school history, second only to 2004 under Bill Callahan. BC had a 2* option QB (Dailey) to work with while this year, we had two 4* spread guys and a 3* pro style QB on the roster. Some of the problem lies with Tommy, but the development of the QB position this year has been lackluster from 2 QB gurus.

If Tommy would have continued to improve like he did in 2013 and 2014, we would be in another Appreciation thread. Instead, he regressed considerably.

Yep

Because their second option wasn't a good one. You better believe they wanted to...just didn't have another option. We saw that against Purdue.

Now you could argue they should be developing another option, but that is a different thread.

Don't disagree on the backup situation, but I still think a benching, partial or full game, was warranted. To me the question is more about what is best to develop the team? I would rather make a tough decision that sends a message than erode your stature as the HC and continue to start an insubordinate young man.
  • Fire 2

Because their second option wasn't a good one. You better believe they wanted to...just didn't have another option. We saw that against Purdue.

Now you could argue they should be developing another option, but that is a different thread.

Don't disagree on the backup situation, but I still think a benching, partial or full game, was warranted. To me the question is more about what is best to develop the team? I would rather make a tough decision that sends a message than erode your stature as the HC and continue to start an insubordinate young man.

I'm even more upset now with how they handled Fyfe in the Purdue game. Have the kid throw it ~15 times that game to get a feel for live action and maybe he comes out of the game with some confidence as a competent backup.

• Fire 1

Some people just can't be taught, the fact that TA walked out of practice on the coaches during I@wa prep should tell you all you need to know about TA's demeanor and willingness to learn. What confounds me is why the coaches didn't punish him to send a message that would pay dividends down the line.
Do you have a link to this? I hadn't read it.
Having an issue finding the thread with this info on my phone, perhaps someone else can help out, but an ESPN reporter tweeted out that TA reportedly walked out on practice during Iowa prep on the coaches.

Edit, here is the tweet:

@NickESPN1480: The week after the Rutgers game, Armstrong walked out of practice 30+ Min early b/c Langsdorf was on him about his execution. #huskers

I would guess TMart was up there in INT stats as well, no? The past 7 years has left our cupboard entirely bare. We need to get back to Joe Ganz.

Taylor's worst was 13.

Honestly, TA seems stubborn. His demeanor during press conferences is that of a person who doesn't really want to take responsibility.

He's a good athlete. He has a lot of atheletic potential, but he constantly makes bad decisions. If you think you're smart enough to see it, but our coaches are not, than perhaps it is you that is the fool. There is another thread popping around here about a rumor of TA stomping off the field during practice because he was called out for his bonehead plays. Who knows if there is any truth to it, but based on what I've seen, I'd be inclined to beleive it. Either way, you can blame the coaches all you want, and they do deserve some of the blame, but at some point, you just need to work with what you got, and hold out for next year...

I would have found a backup that could play without making mistakes. Maybe the backup would have less arm strength, but it is worth eliminating the boneheaded plays. I would have benched TA after every stupid play to teach him a lesson. If he didn't learn the lesson then I would have moved him to another position.

I would guess TMart was up there in INT stats as well, no? The past 7 years has left our cupboard entirely bare. We need to get back to Joe Ganz.

Taylor's worst was 13.

Honestly, TA seems stubborn. His demeanor during press conferences is that of a person who doesn't really want to take responsibility.
I find this post amusing considering everyone said the exact opposite as soon as he took over for Taylor. In fact, it was one of the biggest attributes people talked about, all part of him being a leader.
  • Fire 1