Man, I like Stanfords O.

lo country

Just watched the reverse from Stanford. An OL got up field and then turned into the pursuit and decelerated a ND player. Heard the pop on TV. Man to have that physicality from the OL. That's nasty.

I know Air Force doesn't have the caliber of OL Stanford has but I posted a video the the scheme thread tonight and I was impressed with how fast those guys got upfield to take on 2nd level defenders. Not overly big, but they got on their horses to get upfield and help develop the long runs.

I'd love Calhoun to come here next year as HC if Riley stays. Great scheme, gets a lot out of a little and has a very disciplined squad.
Do you mean if Riley gets fired? Riley isn't getting rid of Langsahan and Calhoun isn't coming to NU to be OC.

I figure Riley won't be fired, but might get the Solich option. Who knows if Calhoun would leave a HC to be OC at a power 5. Could always ask.

Just watched the reverse from Stanford. An OL got up field and then turned into the pursuit and decelerated a ND player. Heard the pop on TV. Man to have that physicality from the OL. That's nasty.

I know Air Force doesn't have the caliber of OL Stanford has but I posted a video the the scheme thread tonight and I was impressed with how fast those guys got upfield to take on 2nd level defenders. Not overly big, but they got on their horses to get upfield and help develop the long runs.

I'd love Calhoun to come here next year as HC if Riley stays. Great scheme, gets a lot out of a little and has a very disciplined squad.

I think Calhoun having a discipline squad has a lot to do with him being at air force. Discipline is drilled into them. I don't know if that would transfer to another program

I think Calhoun having a discipline squad has a lot to do with him being at air force. Discipline is drilled into them. I don't know if that would transfer to another program

Yea. I have to imagine some of it would translate though. He played at Air Force as well. So he's obviously a disciplined guy himself.

Yea. I have to imagine some of it would translate though. He played at Air Force as well. So he's obviously a disciplined guy himself.

100%. Cadets are a different breed than traditional students.

Watching this game, its hard to not like what they are doing. Wouldn't mind NU running an O like this. Power run and some spread sets with good QB play.

We have all that except for good qb play and a stronger O-line would help. You watching their O-line, no comparison to the "talent" Bo brought in. It makes all the difference,

Stanford plays physical and tough, but Langsahan prefers finesse and outsmarting you with his great play designs. I don't see NU becoming Stanford unless there is a coaching change.

Finesse is for candy-@$$es.

I just finished watching Stanford and Notre Dame, too. Gus Johnson could make going to work sound exciting.

I actually have been flipping back and forth and am really impressed with Oklahoma's offense. If you have a QB that can make be accurate on the quick intermediate routes, and you have great receivers (which NU does), it's hard for a defense to stop that. Add in a speedy running back and it's not a shock they are at 51 points in the 3rd quarter.