Mark Richt fired after 9-3 season

GOAT

LSU's AD (department) is reeking of incompetency after this whole charade. Basically the boosters and the director wanted him gone, but then they realized how much public backlash they would get if they made such an idiotic decision.

Georgia getting rid of Richt is sad because he's been a good coach for them and an even better person, but also totally understandable. He's underachieved consistently for a long time now - really no excuse in the world for Georgia to not be winning the East the last several years.

I wouldn't call 144-51 underachieving..

Head coaching record Overall 144–51 Bowls

9–5

I didn't say his entire career was underachievement. I meant over the last several years.

2008 - 10-3 (6-2 in conference)

2009 - 8-5 (4-4 in conference)

2010 - 6-7 (3-5 in conference)

2011 - 10-4 (7-1 in conference)

2012 - 12-2 (7-1 in conference)

2013 - 8-5 (5-3 in conference)

2014 - 10-3 (6-2 in conference)

2015 - 9-3 (5-3 in conference)

He's basically been Bo Pelini with one worse year and one better year. No conference championships or BCS bowl games with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year, a wealth of talent and resources, and lately, a division prime for the taking.

Not at all a bad coach but I understand the decision.

• Fire 1

Richt has about same record as Tom Osborne did over his first 15 years. Averaging almost 10 wins per year and he did win a couple champsionships and so on. His record is arguably better than Pelinis and as far as I know he has no off field issues and I presume he has no behavior problems on the field. But they want more. Also, I believe Georgia as a state has quite a few players and many are being recruited out to other top programs and that probably torques a few alums as well.

I think this indicates that winning coaches do get fired (arguably I would say Richt is more respected and appreciated as a coach than Pelini) so that ends the 'well, Nebraska fired a 9 win coach - they are nuts argument.

LSU's AD (department) is reeking of incompetency after this whole charade. Basically the boosters and the director wanted him gone, but then they realized how much public backlash they would get if they made such an idiotic decision.

Georgia getting rid of Richt is sad because he's been a good coach for them and an even better person, but also totally understandable. He's underachieved consistently for a long time now - really no excuse in the world for Georgia to not be winning the East the last several years.

I wouldn't call 144-51 underachieving..

Head coaching record Overall 144–51 Bowls

9–5

I didn't say his entire career was underachievement. I meant over the last several years.

2008 - 10-3 (6-2 in conference)

2009 - 8-5 (4-4 in conference)

2010 - 6-7 (3-5 in conference)

2011 - 10-4 (7-1 in conference)

2012 - 12-2 (7-1 in conference)

2013 - 8-5 (5-3 in conference)

2014 - 10-3 (6-2 in conference)

2015 - 9-3 (5-3 in conference)

He's basically been Bo Pelini with one worse year and one better year. No conference championships or BCS bowl games with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year, a wealth of talent and resources, and lately, a division prime for the taking.

Not at all a bad coach but I understand the decision.

Except Richt is respected more as an individual in CFB than Bo ever was. If one were to compare that resume to the coach we have now we'd be hard pressed not to go after someone like Richt. I think UGA made a mistake, IMO. Makes me wonder if Bob Devaney or Tom Osborne would have endured the world we live in today. My gut says no.

Richt has about same record as Tom Osborne did over his first 15 years. Averaging almost 10 wins per year and he did win a couple champsionships and so on. His record is arguably better than Pelinis and as far as I know he has no off field issues and I presume he has no behavior problems on the field. But they want more. Also, I believe Georgia as a state has quite a few players and many are being recruited out to other top programs and that probably torques a few alums as well.

I think this indicates that winning coaches do get fired (arguably I would say Richt is more respected and appreciated as a coach than Pelini) so that ends the 'well, Nebraska fired a 9 win coach - they are nuts argument.

It doesn't end it, it only makes it barely more common.

Before this season, the only recent history comparisons of similar situations were at Tennessee with Fulmer and Ohio State with whoever the guy was before Tressel.

Odds are Georgia's next head coach doesn't have a losing record next year.

Yeah rumors are swirling that Tom Herman is in at UGA.

As soon as my buddy told me today that Richt was gone. I knew that Herman was going to be the guy. There is no one else. I'm sure their administration did their homework first to see if Herman was interested, and then fired Richt after.

This is so effing stupid. All these other schools are consistently proactive on getting a huge name in. VaTech with Fuente. Georgia with Herman.

We're stuck with the nerd in the room who everyone respects but honestly no one wants to hang out with.

• Fire 1

Maybe if Les Miles is fired it will help end iur reputation of being the only program to have too high of standards...

LSU AD backed Miles says he is staying. He was informed after the game vs. Texas A&M.

Ah, missed that. Thanks

smart, LSU would have played hell upgrading from Miles......Georgia and Missouri are going to struggle too.

Anyone who doesn't want Richt here is off his/her rocker. What more could you possibly want in a coach, with the exception of perhaps youth? Even the ESPN and sports media guys are saying he'd be the perfect fit here. I have no doubt that he'll sit out a year and see how things go at Nebraska next year -- Richt could end up being Eichorst's "savior" if things don't go well. At least he'd assemble an elite staff.

• Fire 1