Adding Coach Dub's son to the roster

Haspula

That's this guy (Rivals).

Offers from Fresno St., Arizona, Boise St., Cal, Colorado St., Houston, La Tech, Memphis, Missouri, SDSU, Tulane, Utah, and Washington St. Not so shabby.

Not a bad offer list at all. Looked to be heavily recruited by Jim McElwain while he was at Colorado St. Anyone who's been coached all of his life by Coach Williams has to be good right?

I'm guessing he is going to walk on so that he is eligible immeadiately. (I think thats how it works) If he takes a scholly, then he has to sit out a year and won't be available until 2017, his RS Jr year.

No, it doesn't matter, if he transfers to a D-1 from another D-1 school he will have to sit out a year.

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

False. Or the Cotton boys wouldn't have been on scholly.

Here we go with this freaking argument. If he's good enough to have a scholarship, give the kid a scholarship. I felt the same way with the Cotton kids.

• Fire 3

I'm guessing he is going to walk on so that he is eligible immeadiately. (I think thats how it works) If he takes a scholly, then he has to sit out a year and won't be available until 2017, his RS Jr year.

No, it doesn't matter, if he transfers to a D-1 from another D-1 school he will have to sit out a year.

THanks. I thought walk-ons didn't have to sit. My bad.

Didn't Baker Mayfield have to sit out a year at OU even though hs was walking on? That might be a Big 12 rule though.

That's because he was transferring within the conference. Came from Texas Tech

I don't think they will have to use a scholarship on him. Im pretty sure employee family members go to school basically for free. I think technically it's a dollar per credit

False. Or the Cotton boys wouldn't have been on scholly.

Here we go with this freaking argument. If he's good enough to have a scholarship, give the kid a scholarship. I felt the same way with the Cotton kids.

To me, it has less to do with whether the kid is good enough to be on scholarship versus the coach/father having the resources (and you'd assume desire) to not burn the additional scholly.