Nebraska Wide Receiver Brandon Reilly Leaves No Tip for Waiter Who Bashes the Cornhuskers Football Team

GSG

Not a smart move by the waiter, but doesn't not justify not getting a tip IMO. After all, nobody knows how good the service was (or wasn't).

Isn't everyone in the state of Nebraska bashing Nebraska football right now? Whatever he said couldn't have been that terrible. It's just that this guy said it to the wrong person at the wrong time.

BR shouldn't take it so personal, and be happy that they have such passionate fans that want their team to do well, and hurt when they don't.

I think it's perfectly fine for BR to leave a note to call him out, but to punish him by not tipping takes it a bit too far.

Completely disagree. My wife got through college working at a restaurant in Tampa that was frequented quite often by the local pro athletes. It was a known policy to never talk trash about the local teams, no matter what, because you make those patrons feel unwelcome. They fired people for it, because you never knew who might be within earshot

Do you get rewarded when you f#*k up at your job?

Well, isn't Reilly getting to go to a bowl game after going 5-7?

If he held himself to the same standards as the server, he would stay home, right?

Don't do it well, don't get a tip trip. Pretty simple.

Here, now your statement covers Reilly as well.

If he held himself to the same standards as the server, he would stay home, right?

You are assuming Brandon Reilly has a say in whether he goes to a bowl game or not.

So that makes Brandon Reilly the whole football team, coaching staff, and athletic department then? It's amazing he has time to eat out with all that responsibility you've put on his shoulders.

You are assuming Brandon Reilly has a say in whether he goes to a bowl game or not.

He certainly does. Nobody can force him onto the plane. Why would you assume he doesn't have a choice?

You know, it's comments like this that bring down the intelligence level of conversations on this board. You knew what I meant. And yet you think you are being clever.

• Fire 3
So that makes Brandon Reilly the whole football team, coaching staff, and athletic department then? It's amazing he has time to eat out with all that responsibility you've put on his shoulders.

Reilly took all of that on when he shared his lack of tip with the world on behalf of the entire Nebraska Cornhuskers football team and become the heart and soul of it.

Now whether the whole Cornhusker team wants to identify with Reilly's behavior, I guess they don't get a say in the matter...same as Armstrong and Westerkamp running "The Love Shack" or Lewis taunting fans or whatever else we have now in place of players like Abdullah's and Burkhead's off the field demeanors.

Don't do it well, don't get a tip trip. Pretty[/size] [/size]simple.[/size]

Oh sweet Jesus this place kills me

Trollfin on a roll lately

Reilly took all of that on when he shared his lack of tip with the world on behalf of the entire Nebraska Cornhuskers football team and become the heart and soul of it.

Now whether the whole Cornhusker team wants to identify with Reilly's behavior, I guess they don't get a say in the matter...same as Armstrong and Westerkamp running "The Love Shack" or Lewis taunting fans or whatever else we have now in place of players like Abdullah's and Burkhead's off the field demeanors.

picard-facepalm-face-palm-590x330.jpg

• Fire 2

Trollfin on a roll lately

It is interesting as a comparison...

In a month Riley will get a huge tip for a bowl game (that he gets on a technicality) and he will get another year added to his contract for results that no one would consider to be anything other than crappy.