Nebraska Wide Receiver Brandon Reilly Leaves No Tip for Waiter Who Bashes the Cornhuskers Football Team

GSG

Yup. Can't fault Reilly for leaving that note and his message can be applied to many topics.

I used to serve in downtown Spokane during college and waited on a number of Gonzaga fans, I greatly dislike Gonzaga sports, but none of my tables ever would've known. It partly made me sick to talk up their team with them, but I preferred not getting stiffed like that moron who served Reilly.

I personally always leave a tip regardless of the quality of service, but writing a note explaining why you didn't tip is the smartest move in this case. Gives that person the opportunity to realize, "Oh crap, I messed up on that" instead of just, "WTF, this guy stiffed me, a-hole."

I personally always leave a tip regardless of the quality of service, but writing a note explaining why you didn't tip is the smartest move in this case. Gives that person the opportunity to realize, "Oh crap, I messed up on that" instead of just, "WTF, this guy stiffed me, a-hole."

A good passive aggressive move is to leave a note on the tip receipt for the manager to read. It puts it on the server to throw the tip/receipt away if they're ashamed or claim the tip but the manager will read the note if the manager cross checks their tip reports.

NO! If he fights for his country, he is not a kid anymore. Those living in free housing, playing a game, and getting a free education are not adults at 18 or even 25. I know there are exceptions, but this group (IE college football players) are treated special their whole lives, entitled fits them quite well. Some great kids in that group, but as a group, meaning all of college football, I would not consider them adults.

A kid is a kid, regardless of what he/she is doing. An 18 or 20 year old soldier is still a kid. Being a soldier does not somehow bypass your brain development. By your standard, there would be no such thing as child soldiers.

The only problem I have with this is that waiters/waitresses base wage is well below minimum wage - it shouldn't be. With that said, it was a stupid move by the waiter to insult his customer. If he was offended, Reilly's complaint should have gone to management.

Or won more games! ha

Heh - yeah, that would have definitely helped.

I would have shamed that a-hole server by tweeting his name AND the restaurant he worked at.

Edit. His name is Trey. You had it coming douche.

He's a douche because he shared his opinion of the football team with a patron. He might be guilty of bad judgement in who he shared it with, but it didn't sound like his opinions were a lot different than a bunch of them on here.

I'm not sure you made a validating point.

My mistake. It should have been a ? behind the first sentence. Because I'm questioning you calling him a douche because he shared an opinion, one that incidently is shared by a majority of the state. Why does he need to be shamed for his opinion?

The only problem I have with this is that waiters/waitresses base wage is well below minimum wage - it shouldn't be. With that said, it was a stupid move by the waiter to insult his customer. If he was offended, Reilly's complaint should have gone to management.

Well and just to be clear it sounds like the waiter didn't realize he was serving a Cornhusker, if I'm not mistaken.

It's a good lesson learned for everyone. When I was 13, I went to a birthday party at a hotel with a few of my buddy's and my friend's dad ordered pizza for us all. The pizza was cut into 2 inch wide pieces all the way around so that there were something like 30 slices of pizza in the box. I said to the group "What idiot cut the pizza like this?" Turned out my friend's dad had asked them to. He wasn't offended, and it was mostly just a big joke that night. But, fortunately, this was a minor example.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something."

Not a smart move by the waiter, but doesn't not justify not getting a tip IMO. After all, nobody knows how good the service was (or wasn't).

Isn't everyone in the state of Nebraska bashing Nebraska football right now? Whatever he said couldn't have been that terrible. It's just that this guy said it to the wrong person at the wrong time.

BR shouldn't take it so personal, and be happy that they have such passionate fans that want their team to do well, and hurt when they don't.

I think it's perfectly fine for BR to leave a note to call him out, but to punish him by not tipping takes it a bit too far.

• Fire 1