Coaching search at UGA

lo country

Not Husker related, but interesting none the less as it relates to big time programs and their coaching search. This writer says that going after Kirby Smart is a poor move for UGA and that they can and should do much better if they want to get their edge back. Says it's an unambitious hire. WTH. Kirby is unambitious how would Riley rank?

I'd love Kirby at NU. I can't imagine this being a low hire. Goes onto to say this at the end. Makes me think of NU's hire and that SE wasn't really concerned about winning.

But if thats the way it ends up a quick and easy hire that carries tremendous risk well know Georgia sees itself less as a competitor to Alabama and more of a wannabe. And well have to wonder whether it was really Richt who lost control.

Rest of article here:

https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/national-columnist-thinks-georgia-lacks-ambition-if-it-hires-kirby-smart

There's another forum for these type of posts -> http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/forum/159-other-sports/

Screw that bs. Thanks Lo.

These post's never get seen in the "other sports" you get way more discussion in when it's in the main forum. Besides I was thinking the other day when Moiraine got pissy about the Herman topic...

Are you reading the other 30 topics that are listed on the front page of the husker forum, regularly posting in them? No, so who freaking cares. Move it after a while but damn, If I had posted that Herman article in the "other sports" forum, it doesn't get near the attention it's been getting. We got nothing else talk about anyway.

We get a .500 coach towards the end of a career and people still try tp spin it as a good hire........

It beats trying to spin it as a bad hire. We really don't know yet so the choices are to give the guy a chance or stew about it a few years. If you're going to choose the latter, I'd hope you could try to minimize the attacks on those wearing the N, be they players or coaches or fans... Most of the naysayers have had their minds made up before half a season went by...and some of them were probably on the team!

Yeah...Plus 1

Why does it have to be spun either way? Just take the season for what it was and look forward to the next. If we are still in the same position then as this year, break out the pitchforks.

That is interesting. Why after next season? Why not the first or the third?

I think the second year shows the general direction of the team. The first after a coaching change can go any direction. If you want to wait until the third, I won't stand in the way.

• Fire 1

So "Other Sports" forum, perhaps?

Keep up. Power T has already stated that the rules don't apply to him.

I was never under the impression that it was a "RULE". It's more of a guideline. If it's a rule and has been broken, then people need to be reprimanded for it. Just like a personal attack.

If that's a case, then posting in the "wrong forum" is grounds for suspension. Keep up guys. Red Five is making new rules!!!

God, some of you. This place can't have a hair out of order or else it's the end of the freaking world.

So "Other Sports" forum, perhaps?

Keep up. Power T has already stated that the rules don't apply to him.

There are no rules in Central Nebraska

That's right.

When I was a Mod, I'd move posts like this to the appropriate forum all the time. It's not a violation of the rules, but we have separate forums for a reason.

Yeah, we let it go for a while. But I guess it's time to move this bad boy the the nether regions that Other Sports sometimes is. Carry on. :lol:

• Fire 1

Not Husker related, but interesting none the less as it relates to big time programs and their coaching search. This writer says that going after Kirby Smart is a poor move for UGA and that they can and should do much better if they want to get their edge back. Says it's an unambitious hire. WTH. Kirby is unambitious how would Riley rank?

I'd love Kirby at NU. I can't imagine this being a low hire. Goes onto to say this at the end. Makes me think of NU's hire and that SE wasn't really concerned about winning.

But if thats the way it ends up a quick and easy hire that carries tremendous risk well know Georgia sees itself less as a competitor to Alabama and more of a wannabe. And well have to wonder whether it was really Richt who lost control.

Rest of article here:

https://www.seccountry.com/georgia/national-columnist-thinks-georgia-lacks-ambition-if-it-hires-kirby-smart

There's another forum for these type of posts -> http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/forum/159-other-sports/

Screw that bs. Thanks Lo.

These post's never get seen in the "other sports" you get way more discussion in when it's in the main forum. Besides I was thinking the other day when Moiraine got pissy about the Herman topic...

Are you reading the other 30 topics that are listed on the front page of the husker forum, regularly posting in them? No, so who freaking cares. Move it after a while but damn, If I had posted that Herman article in the "other sports" forum, it doesn't get near the attention it's been getting. We got nothing else talk about anyway.

We get a .500 coach towards the end of a career and people still try tp spin it as a good hire........

It beats trying to spin it as a bad hire. We really don't know yet so the choices are to give the guy a chance or stew about it a few years. If you're going to choose the latter, I'd hope you could try to minimize the attacks on those wearing the N, be they players or coaches or fans... Most of the naysayers have had their minds made up before half a season went by...and some of them were probably on the team!

Yeah...Plus 1

Why does it have to be spun either way? Just take the season for what it was and look forward to the next. If we are still in the same position then as this year, break out the pitchforks.

Spinning it as a good hire at least involves having some faith and sticking up for the people in the program you're supposedly a fan of. That's why I see it as better. I wasn't trying to make a case for spinning anything.

Epic fail by Georgia. They could have easily gotten someone who has been a HC before and had success (for example Mullen), but decided to gamble on a 1st time HC because he was an alum.

Lol
Read this yesterday:

Only 3 HCs since 1970 have won national championship as external hires with no HC experience. Stoops, McCartney, Dooley.