Terrell Newby

Mavric

wasting talent, because the coaches want to run their sh#t sucks.......i thought things were going to be diff w/MR?........guess not.

Coaches want to run their system? Yeah that really sucks.. how dare they

i guess throwing the ball 30-50 times per game suits you....congrats, that 5-7 season must work for you too.

wasting talent, because the coaches want to run their sh#t sucks.......i thought things were going to be diff w/MR?........guess not.

Coaches want to run their system? Yeah that really sucks.. how dare they

i guess throwing the ball 30-50 times per game suits you....congrats, that 5-7 season must work for you too.

They focused on the strength of the team, better O-line and runningbacks may change that.

We had a great string of backs.....Helu, Burkhead, Abdullah. So, while some may say T Newby ain't that great........maybe it's the change in coaching that ain't that great......?

I don't think back will have the opportunity to be great in this offense with this staff. L. Phillips or Bo Jackson would probably only average 15 carries per game.

Imani Cross had 19 carries vs. Iowa. Therefore...

Imani Cross > Bo Jackson or Lawrence Phillips.

Did you intentionally conflated carries in a single game versus average carries per game?

This year, no back averaged more than Newby, who registered less than 12 per game.

That's astounding in retrospect.

NU averaged 36 carries per game. It was truly an NFL style "running back (blocker) by committee" with no RB really allowed to get in a rhythm.

NU was 9th in the B10 in rushing attempts (434).

All of the most successful B10 teams had over 500 attempted rushes, even those that didn't use a particularly mobile QB.

Apparently you have no sense of humor whatsoever. In addition to other issues.

I understand you were being facetious. But to be funny, you actually have to address the subject's argument. Not miss the point.

Question, are your personal attacks allowed because you're a mod?

I'm not aware of any personal attack. But in regards to the problems you seem to be having on HB I would ask how many other message boards you've been banned from? Perhaps the many disputes you seem to have with others, both here and elsewhere, are not the fault of those other people. Stop and think about it.

Lucky was a great back.

I think Newby has the potential to be a great back.

For reference I think Ameer is an "elite back."

Personally, the different between being a great back like Lucky and Newby and a really special back, like Helu and Burkhead, is often coaching and scheme. I think that if you took Helu and dropped him on this team, we would be talking about how he's not really that great.

We really really miss Ron Brown, imo.

And Marvin Sanders.....

Those two were great coaches... sorry to see them go.

Both were great motivators... they had the rare ability to motivate players to rise to the top of their athletic ability... and they were both great at teaching fundamentals.

Imo any of Browns RBs could find holes in the new staffs offense. Problem is more Newby not taking the right hole and finishing the run with authority.

We don't run out of bounds at Nebraska-Ron Brown

* It’s common to hear visitors at Nebraska practices remark about tight ends coach Ron Brown’s aggressive and intense coaching style.

“We don’t run out of bounds at Nebraska!” the 51-year-old Brown shouted toward one of his players the other day.

Brown continues to learn the intricacies of Shawn Watson’s offense. He speaks of the good rapport in the offensive meeting room.

“We’ve been talking a lot about pounding the football, the run game,” Brown said. “It’s good for me because of the system I come from — I was bred on it during the Osborne and (Frank) Solich years.

“But coaching isn’t just X’s and O’s. It’s getting a kid to take the right step. It’s getting a kid to hit a defensive player in the mouth. It’s developing a physicality that gets into your bloodstream.”

• Fire 3

Imo any of Browns RBs could find holes in the new staffs offense. Problem is more Newby not taking the right hole and finishing the run with authority.

* It’s common to hear visitors at Nebraska practices remark about tight ends coach Ron Brown’s aggressive and intense coaching style.

“We don’t run out of bounds at Nebraska!” the 51-year-old Brown shouted toward one of his players the other day.

Brown continues to learn the intricacies of Shawn Watson’s offense. He speaks of the good rapport in the offensive meeting room.

“We’ve been talking a lot about pounding the football, the run game,” Brown said. “It’s good for me because of the system I come from — I was bred on it during the Osborne and (Frank) Solich years.

“But coaching isn’t just X’s and O’s. It’s getting a kid to take the right step. It’s getting a kid to hit a defensive player in the mouth. It’s developing a physicality that gets into your bloodstream.”

Great quotes... from a great coach... thanks.

That got into my "bloodstream" just reading it.

Great quotes... from a great coach... thanks.

That got into my "bloodstream" just reading it.

No doubt. Regardless of ones opinions of his personal views, the guy taught and brought a physicality and mentality we are lacking in.

I don't agree with RB politically or religiously, but he's a hell of a coach. He was born for it. His support of Bo is one of the reasons I was comfortable with giving Bo more time to grow.

Damn shame we lost Ron Brown and numerous other Nebraska guys.

I think that really is the key. We don't have guys and haven't in a while at the helm that got the "culture" of Nebraska. Not saying a non-Nebraska guy can't get "it", but that is what we need to win. Can guys develop that it? I have no idea.

I know a few weeks ago that ESPN was talking about the coaching carousel and how a "good" coach isn't the only factor. You have to match the coach with the culture of the program.

Back to the OP. Even the culture with the kids we recruit. Are they physical, hard working, selfless? Are they guys who bring their lunch to every practice? Recruiting kids with the "Nebraska culture" is also a step/start in the right direction. Rex, Roy, AA had the "culture" in excess IMO. That and natural ability made them perfect fits for NU.

Looking at comments about Heard and Green form RB when they left. To paraphrase AA played anywhere any time he could. He "earned" his spot. Thats what we need to recruit. Guys who are willing to "earn it" and lay it all out for the team. Not saying Newby hasn't/doesn't, but again does his style "fit" NU's culture.

Green left and has had great success. Perhaps his abilities better fir the "culture" of TCU....