In which we bellyache about Bo and/or Riley some more.

zoogs

So Bo Pelini can win 9-10 games a year with no talent, but Riley will need 1.5 years to get the talent needed to get passed 6 wins?

Any way you slice it, it's hard to get past this point.
Let's not ignore Bo and Co's ineptitude recruiting that put us in this situation partially as well.

I would add that Riley gets this years talent not last years' (AKA not an NFL running back). At least Callahan did not leave a bare cupboard. Riley still under performed and he was too interested in getting his system into place, not catering to the players talents so he better make the best of the mulligan he gets this year.

People say that Solich left a bare cupboard. In reality, Callahan inherited more and higher drafted NFL prospects than Pelini did.

The artist shapes the clay.

I highly doubt Bo would have won less than this year with this exact roster.

• Fire 1

So Bo Pelini can win 9-10 games a year with no talent, but Riley will need 1.5 years to get the talent needed to get passed 6 wins?

Let's not ignore Bo and Co's ineptitude recruiting that put us in this situation partially as well.

Riley owns 5-7. Period

Sker

You love to talk about 5-7. If this was an ongoing them for him to have records like that at NU then fine. Why don't you take Bo's 4 losses each year and add up the total points lost by and compare that to Riley for year one - I haven't done the math but not sure that the two coaches would be that are apart. If Riley goes 15-21 in the first 3 years than your argument may stick. Period

• Fire 1

Why do you guys consistently try to misrepresent the talent that Bo had on the team and act like we won't notice?

He had NFL caliber running backs EVERY YEAR he was here. He had Suh and some of the nastiest DBs early on and one of the best LBs in the NFL. He won 9 games last year and had three most talented players on the team drafted. Three cornerstone players the offense and defense were absolutely built around.

But by all means, continue to act like Bo coached with no talent.

Can't give Bo credit for winning 9-10 games every year, but we can sure blame him for only a 5 win team that he didn't even coach.

Can't make this stuff up. Some of you actually think this way.

Harry Harry Harry - Everybody here gives Bo credit for his 9-10 win's it's the other stuff that he get's credit for also

• Fire 1

I enjoy that someone spins Boyd's words of "we're a year and half away," meaning they are a year and a half away from athleticism levels he believes is championship material, and then turding another thread up into a Bo vs Riley record sh#tstorm. This sh#t is outplayed.

This^

The truth is Riley cost Nebraska at least 3 more wins this year through bad coaching and not just talent. Is the talent championship caliber? Probably not, buuuut they did beat Michigan St...so

So Riley lost 3 games, however had no say in the Win against MSU - OK. Nice Logic there!!!! Keep Preaching

One of the most respected names in Husker history tells us we have a problem, we need to work on it. And then of course the anti Riley group have to turn it into a Boner/Riley debate.

Riley lost the games, no one is arguing that. And as a fan you should be happy that some one that knows far more about Nebraska football is trying to guide us back. He did not say anything about not winning, but that we needed more work. Better results on the recruiting trail are needed. Most have realized that for a long time. Even the staunch Bo supporters knew it.

Let's take the information and run with it on a positive note, rather than making everything negative.

• Fire 6

I would add that Riley gets this years talent not last years' (AKA not an NFL running back). At least Callahan did not leave a bare cupboard. Riley still under performed and he was too interested in getting his system into place, not catering to the players talents so he better make the best of the mulligan he gets this year.

People say that Solich left a bare cupboard. In reality, Callahan inherited more and higher drafted NFL prospects than Pelini did.

WHAT??????

Even Epley mentioned it: ". . . we need to do a better job of bringing in talented recruits so we don't have to do quite so much development or quite so much coaching."

WHAT??????

While I don't completly agree with what CM said. Solich's class was ranked at #14 when he was fired, If you look over the roster he pulled in some good talent that year.

The thing is, Epley evaluated THIS team. Not last years, or the year before.

There is nothing that says Bo would have won more than 5 games this year with the same team and schedule.

There is plenty of evidence and history that says Pelini would've won at least 9 games this season. I'm quite certain he would've been undefeated and in the middle of the playoff talks going into the B1G championship game. 10-2 regular season at the worst.

• Fire 1

The thing is, Epley evaluated THIS team. Not last years, or the year before.

There is nothing that says Bo would have won more than 5 games this year with the same team and schedule.

There is plenty of evidence and history that says Pelini would've won at least 9 games this season. I'm quite certain he would've been undefeated and in the middle of the playoff talks going into the B1G championship game. 10-2 regular season at the worst.

You have absolutely no evidence that he could have gone through the regular season with only two losses.