In which we bellyache about Bo and/or Riley some more.

zoogs

I didn't want this to turn into Bo vs Riley but it has. So I will chime in.

I firmly 100% believe with Ameer, Kenny, and Gregory we are at least 9-4 this year. Ameer alone might get you that.

Pelini seemed to deal pretty well with losing graduating seniors each year and not dropping down to 5 wins at any point in 7 years.

• Fire 2

I enjoy that someone spins Boyd's words of "we're a year and half away," meaning they are a year and a half away from athleticism levels he believes is championship material, and then turding another thread up into a Bo vs Riley record sh#tstorm. This sh#t is outplayed.

This^

The truth is Riley cost Nebraska at least 3 more wins this year through bad coaching and not just talent. Is the talent championship caliber? Probably not, buuuut they did beat Michigan St...so

• Fire 1

I enjoy that someone spins Boyd's words of "we're a year and half away," meaning they are a year and a half away from athleticism levels he believes is championship material, and then turding another thread up into a Bo vs Riley record sh#tstorm. This sh#t is outplayed.

This^

The truth is Riley cost Nebraska at least 3 more wins this year through bad coaching and not just talent. Is the talent championship caliber? Probably not, buuuut they did beat Michigan St...so

No "probably" about it, we do not have Championship caliber talent, that is what we strive for. Bo could not do it, give Riley a chance to recruit and mold that talent into a championship level team instead of bitching that he could not get it done with obviously inferior talent.

I like that Boyd is putting this testing in place across the board. It's awesome that he is making it public too, it' another competitive goal for these athletes to beat each other at. It's not sexist to any gender and is probably fun for them to run the tests. Sharpen iron with iron.

please delete. User error.

This^

No "probably" about it, we do not have Championship caliber talent, that is what we strive for. Bo could not do it, give Riley a chance to recruit and mold that talent into a championship level team instead of bitching that he could not get it done with obviously inferior talent.

Haha, if there's any bitching it's because he could only muster 5 wins due to bad coaching. Asking him to win a championship his first year is kinda ridiculous don't you think?

This^

Haha, if there's any bitching it's because he could only muster 5 wins due to bad coaching. Asking him to win a championship his first year is kinda ridiculous don't you think?

Why, yes I do.

This^

Why, yes I do.

Well, we agree there then.

So Bo Pelini can win 9-10 games a year with no talent, but Riley will need 1.5 years to get the talent needed to get passed 6 wins?

Could argue we lost a fair amount of talent from last years team but the biggest thing to look at his how talent matches system.

Bo had his struggles with some of Bills guys because of fit with his system. A few guys rose to the top because of how good they were but that happens with all new staffs. Talent doesnt match system.

• Fire 1

This^

Inferior to who?

BYU? Nope.

Miami? Maybe.

Illinois? Nope.

Wisconsin? Not this year.

Northwestern? Nope.

Purdue? Nope.

Iowa? Nope.

Hmm.

• Fire 4