LJS: Several RBs Benefit from Reps/Break

Mavric

With regards to Wilbon-If he was good enough week in and week out to be on the field, he would have been. Whatever he isn't good at was significant enough for him not to play.

When he got in during the first two games he looked like a better runner than Newby to me and I know plenty that share the opinion. Then he just disappeared for the rest of the season. Unless there were disciplinary issues it is a failure on the coaches that they didn't find a way to use him.

First 2 games of the season Newby clearly had the better numbers

Newby - 6.3 yards/carry, 19 yards/reception

Wilbon - 3.9 yards/carry, 14 yards/reception

it's all relative,,,,,,,number of carries for each back?

With regards to Wilbon-If he was good enough week in and week out to be on the field, he would have been. Whatever he isn't good at was significant enough for him not to play.

When he got in during the first two games he looked like a better runner than Newby to me and I know plenty that share the opinion. Then he just disappeared for the rest of the season. Unless there were disciplinary issues it is a failure on the coaches that they didn't find a way to use him.

Carries can help and hurt you. Wilbon only had 9 on the year, nothing to be able to make that argument. You are looking at others when I was looking at Newby. He didn't do enough to warrant as many carries as he did. No one is saying he is terrible.

YPC on the season:

Ozigbo 7.2

Janovich 6.5

Newby 5.2

Cross 4.1

Armstrong 3.7

I haven't gone back and looked at the stats from each game, but Newby had a huge game against a bad South Alabama defense. It was almost like Riley wanted to show how well Newby could be as a back. I think any one of the RB's could have had a good game against South Alabama. Against BYU, Wilbon only had a few carries, and looked more effective in his snaps.

I haven't gone back and looked at the stats from each game, but Newby had a huge game against a bad South Alabama defense. It was almost like Riley wanted to show how well Newby could be as a back. I think any one of the RB's could have had a good game against South Alabama. Against BYU, Wilbon only had a few carries, and looked more effective in his snaps.

I still don't get where this BYU game love for Wilbon is coming. Is it just because he is not Newby?

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

• Fire 1

I still don't get where this BYU game love for Wilbon is coming. Is it just because he is not Newby?

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

Did you realize that was Newby's 122nd carry here at Nebraska? Compared to Wilbon's first ever...

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

Did you realize that was Newby's 122nd carry here at Nebraska? Compared to Wilbon's first ever...

Ok...

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

Ok...

Like Armstrong - 3 years of not being that good. If people don't notice by now I guess you never will.

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

But that is not the point. The statement was that Wilbon "looked more effective versus BYU". And that was not the case at all.

And again, if Wilbon was so much better than Newby, he would have been on the field.

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

But that is not the point. The statement was that Wilbon "looked more effective versus BYU". And that was not the case at all.

And again, if Wilbon was so much better than Newby, he would have been on the field.

I never stated anything about BYU game - didn't see that's what he said previously.

You still always like to bypass why no carries for Ozigbo and Janovich.....

"would have been on the field" - well, we were 5-7 so maybe they should have been on the field more.

I'm still waiting for Newby to learn to break a tackle. Once that happens, maybe he'll be good. Mikale seemed to make things happen when he was in there, had a knack for finding the hole. Hopefully he and Taylor can start coming to the fore, we need them badly. Ozigbo seems to have some potential as well. Jano was sorely under utilized in his Husker career, too bad.

• Fire 1

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

I never stated anything about BYU game - didn't see that's what he said previously.

You still always like to bypass why no carries for Ozigbo and Janovich.....

"would have been on the field" - well, we were 5-7 so maybe they should have been on the field more.

We were discussing Wilbon. We can discuss Ozigbo and Janovich if you would like.

BYU Stats

Newby - 10/43 4.3 ypc

Wilbon - 6/14 2.3 ypc

Ok...

Like Armstrong - 3 years of not being that good. If people don't notice by now I guess you never will.

Never once I have said that I think Newby is the answer at RB. I just get tired of reading all the time about how great Wilbon is and how he looked so much better than Newby early in the season. I want to see some tangible proof that he was better.

Mikale seemed to make things happen when he was in there, had a knack for finding the hole.

Where is this coming from? He hasn't played since garbage time in the 2nd game of the year. He had 6 carries against BYU and gained 13 yards.

Can someone make gifs of how great Wilbon is running the ball?

• Fire 1