What would a bowl game win versus UCLA mean to you?

I saw an offense that played very well against a good UCLA team. I also saw a pretty darn good defensive performance. Both units had took a few black eyes but I thought they overcame them pretty well. I was more pleased with the overall performance of the team in this game than any other this year. Heck, even though special teams took a couple black eyes as well, they did really well at other times.

Ever since Purdue we've seen a different team. Even against Iowa. If FF Bowl Tommy showed up early for the Iowa game I believe we would have won that one running away. I see these things as positives that we, or maybe just me, can take from an otherwise crappy season.

And what if the team starts next season right where they ended this one? We could have a pretty darn good season especially when you consider teams generally improve as they go along. GBR!

I still don't know how to answer this. I'm stoked we won, but winning this game and Michigan State kinda pisses me off. There is no way this team should have lost to BYU, Miami, Illinois, and Purdue. Maybe Riley figures it out next year...

I would say it's a good thing. I thought there was a clear difference in the level of play starting with the MSU game. Better to be strong at the end of the 1st season than the beginning of a new era imo.

I think anyone who is watching objectively sees that. Something happened after the Purdue game that changed the team and it showed in the product on the field.

• Fire 1

I still don't know how to answer this. I'm stoked we won, but winning this game and Michigan State kinda pisses me off. There is no way this team should have lost to BYU, Miami, Illinois, and Purdue. Maybe Riley figures it out next year...

I would say it's a good thing. I thought there was a clear difference in the level of play starting with the MSU game. Better to be strong at the end of the 1st season than the beginning of a new era imo.

I think anyone who is watching objectively sees that. Something happened after the Purdue game that changed the team and it showed in the product on the field.

I think what happened was the Purdue game

Geez what a bunch of debbie downers in this thread. Sure we finished with a losing record but we dominated a really good UCLA team for 4 quarters running the damn ball....something that we haven't seen all year.

For the type of season we've had, I'll take this win and the momentum that'll transition into next season. We've won 3 of our last 4 games and came close beating an undefeated Iowa team even after coughing up 4 turnovers.

Nobody gave us a realistic shot at beating UCLA, myself included and every sports analyst laughed/mocked us for getting a bowl invitation saying it was pathetic and an embarrassment. That win last night was a big "F YOU" to all the doubters and debbie downers

Geez what a bunch of debbie downers in this thread. Sure we finished with a losing record but we dominated a really good UCLA team for 4 quarters running the damn ball....something that we haven't seen all year.

For the type of season we've had, I'll take this win and the momentum that'll transition into next season. We've won 3 of our last 4 games and came close beating an undefeated Iowa team even after coughing up 4 turnovers.

Nobody gave us a realistic shot at beating UCLA, myself included and every sports analyst laughed/mocked us for getting a bowl invitation saying it was pathetic and an embarrassment. That win last night was a big "F YOU" to all the doubters and debbie downers

You're right it was and I'd be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy that just as much as the win itself. :)

You're right it was and I'd be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy that just as much as the win itself. :)

ive got very little faith in MR or his staff but I liked the game plan and the win. GBR

I think what happened was the Purdue game

Right. I think there might have been things that were said by the coaches after this game.

If I'm the coach I make them all fork over their man cards indefinitely. Even with 5 turnovers giving up 55 points to Purdue is ludicrous.

Speaking of turnovers, it could have been worse, Ryker had several other passes that were nearly intercepted. Our back up qb has to perform better than that when his number gets called. he did a lot of good that day, 407 yards and 4 TDs but 5 turnovers from him is unacceptable.