What would a bowl game win versus UCLA mean to you?

A win won't change much. It's still a losing season. Might provide a little more hope for next year. But it would be kind of hollow.

But a loss is really bad. A loss means the worst season in 58 years. 2nd most losses ever in a Husker season.

So, a win is still way better than a loss.

This is exactly why I feared the bowl would be a bad idea. A win is "meh" but a loss is a disaster. It's a classic high-risk, low-reward scenario that's best avoided.

How would a loss to UCLA be a disaster? They are a better team than us this year. There is no difference between losing 7 or 8 games.

Purdue and Illinois losses were disasters. UCLA? Nope.

A win won't change much. It's still a losing season. Might provide a little more hope for next year. But it would be kind of hollow.

But a loss is really bad. A loss means the worst season in 58 years. 2nd most losses ever in a Husker season.

This is exactly why I feared the bowl would be a bad idea. A win is "meh" but a loss is a disaster. It's a classic high-risk, low-reward scenario that's best avoided.

How would a loss to UCLA be a disaster? They are a better team than us this year. There is no difference between losing 7 or 8 games.

Pur-f******g-due.

A win against UCLA would be like putting a delicious candied cherry on top of a s*** sundae of a season. It's one of the scant few bright spots in an otherwise horrible season that no one wants.

Read a few lines above this sentence. I already explained it. Here's the Cliff's Notes version : 5-8 = worst season in 58 years

We freakin' lost to PURDUE.

Time to get over it. It was two losing teams, one lost to the other. Oz lost to a loser in Iowa St., a much worse loss in husker history.
Was NU down 42-16 in that loss to Iowa State. I don't think so.

A top ranked team losing to a below 500 Iowa St team is a better loss than two losing teams squaring off. Really? Now that's some kind of spin.
I will forgive TO for losing once to a losing team in his 25 year career at NU. Riley managed to do it twice in the same month this season.

Riley's first year, TO's 15-16 or somewhere in there. Much bigger loss. Not that I care, but the bitching over losing o Purdue is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Stop bitching about it. It meant nothing.

None of the losses meant anything. We're 5-0 BAYBEE!!!!

• Fire 1

Read a few lines above this sentence. I already explained it. Here's the Cliff's Notes version : 5-8 = worst season in 58 years

Meh. 5-8 is no different than 5-7 or 5-6. All of them suck.

It's a historic difference. It's 50 years difference.

Worst record in 8 years? meh

Worst record in 58 years? WHOAH!!

I don't get a lot of the posts. A win would be huge. It wouldn't erase the season, but give us and the players hope during the offseason and increase our national brand. A loss, especially a blow out, on the other hand would make the sting of this season hurt even worse and leave little hope. Say what you like, but imo the effect (of winning or losing) will be more pronounced then any other game this season.

• Fire 1

Unless we take care of UCLA like we did vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl i won't be overly confident in things going into next year.

What does a win mean? Well, its a Nebraska win so that is good and always better than a loss. But really, a loss to UCLA won't make me that upset as we shouldn't even be in this bowl game in the first place.

The rules say we should.

Actually the rules say we shouldn't be in a bowl. The exceptions say we can.

• Fire 2

A bad season is a bad season. Meh.

If we had played 13 games in 04 or 07, we probably would have lost 8. Hell, in 02 we needed an extra game and a 17 point 4Q comeback at Kyle Field just to make a bowl game. So again, no big deal, I've seen seasons as crappy as this over the last 15 years.

Boy, when you put it that way it seems like the only sensible course of action would be to fire Mike Riley now.