What would a bowl game win versus UCLA mean to you?

A loss is just as meh as a win. There's no real difference between losing 7 or 8 games, just like there's no real difference between 5 & 6 wins.

I have to disagree. It's perception.

6-7 is better than Callahan's 2 worst seasons. 6-7 would only be the worst record since '07. 8 years ago. Worse than Bo, but at least not reverting to worse than Callahan.

5-8 would be the worst season in FIFTY EIGHT years. That's going all the way back to the Bobfather's predecessor before most of our current players' parents were even born.

That will get a lot of play by talking heads. That's epicly bad.

• Fire 2

the last 3 games we are 2-1 with that 1 loss to a Iowa team that was undefeated at the time. it could be a good sign for next year if we can finish with a fairly strong showing this year. 3-1 with wins over Mich. st.,Rutgers, and UCLA, and the good game against Iowa (except for all the turnovers) should give us hope for next year.

• Fire 1

How they play matters more than the win to me at this point. I'm hoping the kids show better discipline and effort than we've seen over the course of the season. I'm not sure how healthy they should be, too, but I think I've heard Newby should be feeling well enough to show something more to his detractors.

• Fire 1

A loss is just as meh as a win. There's no real difference between losing 7 or 8 games, just like there's no real difference between 5 & 6 wins.

I have to disagree. It's perception.

6-7 is better than Callahan's 2 worst seasons. 6-7 would only be the worst record since '07. 8 years ago. Worse than Bo, but at least not reverting to worse than Callahan.

5-8 would be the worst season in FIFTY EIGHT years. That's going all the way back to the Bobfather's predecessor before most of our current players' parents were even born.

That will get a lot of play by talking heads. That's epicly bad.

Perception to who? The only thing that comes to mind these days for non-Husker fans (and national media outlets) is a blow out loss to Wisconsin in the B1G. And maybe Gordon's 400 yard performance. And Pelini's sideline behavior. Other than that, it's been a new era for awhile, and The Huskers haven't exactly lit the world on fire in years. I mean, these days are more about what happens now and less about nostalgia and history. People won't blink about 8 losses. The Purdue loss was just part of that and nothing more or less.

• Fire 1

This bowl game is like the epilogue to a book in my opinion. I think the overall tone and story of the season has been decided, but the epilogue can help shape the lasting impression of a book.

I can already see the narratives and story lines coming out of this depending what happens. I'm looking at some of the smaller things more-so than the outcome. The final score will tell a story by itself, but I want to see what kind of a platform TA puts himself on heading into the spring. How will the team respond if it is a close game?

I think Nebraska has more to gain than lose, and win (in conjunction with a good performance from TA) would mean this team is trying to put themselves in a position to have a better year in 2016.

• Fire 1
I'm sure some people on the board would still find something to complain about even if we won 178-0

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first class passengers on the Titanic ate a ten course dinner on their last night aboard and all they could do was complain about the hole in the ship. We got those kind of people here.

• Fire 6

A win over an 8-4 team such as UCLA, that per Rley has the speed and athleticism we covet is a good thing. A win is never bad. A loss will be a kick to the nuts that will hurt the team going into winter conditioning, recruiting and the overall perception of this program.

A win, IMO, does nothing for me a s a fan. As Knapp said we lost to Purdue. As a fan a win does nothing to get rid of the coaching miscues, piss poor play calling, square peg round hole play calling, dead last in pass D and the loss to Purdue. And the interim Illinois coach.... Did I mention Purdue.

A win for the team however will positively effect them in immeasurable ways. It gives them confidence in the scheme, the system and the staff. More importantly, it builds trust in one another. It also would have them going into winter conditioning with the winning mindset of next year will be better. Maybe it makes a guy like Collins or VV really think about coming back.....

I want a win. A loss would again be a kick in the nuts...

• Fire 4

I'm sure some people on the board would still find something to complain about even if we won 178-0

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first class passengers on the Titanic ate a ten course dinner on their last night aboard and all they could do was complain about the hole in the ship. We got those kind of people here.[/size]

+1 for analogy of the day.

• Fire 2