***2015 Bowl Game “Expert” Picks: Nebraska vs UCLA***

Saunders

I think we can contain their RB, but I fear their QB may run for 300 yards against us.

Any word on who is missing because of grades?

I would love to bet the under with you on the 300 yards - I will also spot you 200 yds.

It is nearly guaranteed that the UCLA QB gets 100 yards. He is probably the best running QB we have seen, has a very good RB to support him, and he can pass. Here is what other running QBs did against Nebraska.

T. Hill: 83 yards on 9 carries

C. Thorson: 139 yards on 9 carries

D. Blough: 83 yards on 10 carries

If I'm just looking at the positives, I'd point out that we've: 1) played a tougher schedule; 2) posted comparable stats in the passing offense category; 3) posted much better stats in the rushing defense category; and 4) have better numbers in the total defense category. Some of these I'm posting about take just games against P5 teams into consideration, as CFBstats.com allows for that filtering. Overall, against P5 teams, our defensive numbers are practically equal. It's the offensive and turnover margin figures that make them a touchdown favorite.

The UCLA QB has been a turnover machine the last few games, and this may be the only time we ever play a team that averages more penalties than us! We could win an ugly game.

Always will have a decent shot going against a freshman QB

Good thing our QB didn't ask everyone to treat him like a freshman then. Oh wait!

So.... Who picked UCLA?

SxutOh.jpg

Since I started doing this, this is the most lopsided set of picks against Nebraska that I can recall.

Not to be negative but why would anyone in their right mind pick Nebraska? Or even UCLA by less than a couple touchdowns. I hope we do well but hope isn't worth much these days. All indications are that it should be an ugly lopsided victory for the Bruins......unless they just aren't motivated to be there.

I do not understand your reasoning. Under MR, we only get blown out by teams with no victories over Power 5 teams.

Sorry ZERO blowouts this year - You must be thinking about last year under the old staff. Between your past post from the previous 3 months and your tag name - I wonder if you have any true connection to NU. I guess I could go back and look at 5,000+ post, guessing more of the same.

Have you ever heard of Purdue?

With UCLA’s speed and wunderkind under center taking on a Nebraska team looking to use this game as a springboard into 2016, these are two motivated teams that could keep the final margin in the double digits.

Bold prediction that one team will not score more than one hundred points more than the other.

• Fire 2

I think we can contain their RB, but I fear their QB may run for 300 yards against us.

Any word on who is missing because of grades?

I would love to bet the under with you on the 300 yards - I will also spot you 200 yds.

It is nearly guaranteed that the UCLA QB gets 100 yards. He is probably the best running QB we have seen, has a very good RB to support him, and he can pass. Here is what other running QBs did against Nebraska.

T. Hill: 83 yards on 9 carries

C. Thorson: 139 yards on 9 carries

D. Blough: 83 yards on 10 carries

Have you know...actually watched any UCLA games this year? If you have then you would know the bolded statement is false. Taysom Hill is the best running QB Nebraska faced this year AINEC.

Josh Rosen has rushed for....wait for it....SIXTEEN yards this year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3886377

Feel free to see for yourself.