How Many Huskers Had a Rushing Attempt Last Night?

Bowfin

I can't remember a game in recent times when so many different players had a rushing attempt. I count nine (?)

Maybe there have been more back in the days when Nebraska would be up by 50+ points to Kansas or Colorado, but everybody who touched the ball last night seemed to be running hard and finishing off the run with a lowered shoulder.

maybe there is light at the end of this tunnel...

Armstrong completed 12 of 19 passes for 174 yards and ran for 76 more to lead the way for Nebraska, which had a season high with 326 yards rushing.

"Football goes better generally when you run the ball well and you can physically impose yourself on the other team," Riley said. "I thought our guys did a good job of that tonight."

link

http://collegefootball.ap.org/huskermax/article/nebraska-caps-losing-season-37-29-bowl-win-over-ucla

Howdy gang. Congrats on your win last night! If there was a team that looked like it didn't belong in a bowl game...it sure WASNT Nebraska. So reason for joining is I'm trying to find out any info on my boy- Adam Taylor. Looking @ stats last night everyone got carries including the trombone section...but no Adam Taylor? I'm from Katy and saw all of his h.s. games, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter in his fb career. I know he had the injury before beginning of last yr., but what the hecks going on? Young man is a beast...and a really good kid to boot. Any insight would sure be appreciated. Good luck next season!

Howdy gang. Congrats on your win last night! If there was a team that looked like it didn't belong in a bowl game...it sure WASNT Nebraska. So reason for joining is I'm trying to find out any info on my boy- Adam Taylor. Looking @ stats last night everyone got carries including the trombone section...but no Adam Taylor? I'm from Katy and saw all of his h.s. games, so I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter in his fb career. I know he had the injury before beginning of last yr., but what the hecks going on? Young man is a beast...and a really good kid to boot. Any insight would sure be appreciated. Good luck next season!

Welcome, thanks for joining. Just didn't seem to stand out to the this year. He plays special teams. We lose Imani Cross so there may be some room for Adam to step up but honestly the general consensus is he was the #5 back this year. I could see him being #3-#4 next year as it stands now. Ozigbo got most of the RB carries last night and is a TrFr, and will probably be our starter next year. Also some thoughts there might be a transfer from our RB's....seems like a good kid, just isn't transitioning to D-1 well so far.
  • Fire 1

I know I'm kinda pathetic because I waste so much time caring about 18-22 year old young men playing a sport, but the people who care so much about 15-18 year old boys playing a sport are super weird to me. Friday Night Lights and Varsity Blues weren't so far off in terms of crazed fan bases and high school football in Texas.

Kind of odd that when he red-shirted and was on the practice squad, the staff and the starters said he was ready to play, but now he is not good enough. Davey was good enough and then he wasn't. Wilbon was good enough and played, then he wasn't good enough. Everyone was saying Taylor was a perfect fit for the Husker offense. Riley comes to town and all of a sudden he is not good enough. You can call me butt hurt or what ever you want, but things just don't add up as to why Taylor never got any meaningful touches in practice or in a game. Only thing that changed was Mike Riley came to town. The same things apply whether it is High school or college ... the difference is in college ... the players are bigger and faster. You need to come to grips with the fact Mike Riley is not the type of coach that should be coaching the Husker football team. Riley coached a team in a town where on Sunday morning 90% of the people in that town had no idea who won the game on Saturday and didn't care enough to find out.

I know I'm kinda pathetic because I waste so much time caring about 18-22 year old young men playing a sport, but the people who care so much about 15-18 year old boys playing a sport are super weird to me. Friday Night Lights and Varsity Blues weren't so far off in terms of crazed fan bases and high school football in Texas.

Kind of odd that when he red-shirted and was on the practice squad, the staff and the starters said he was ready to play, but now he is not good enough. Davey was good enough and then he wasn't. Wilbon was good enough and played, then he wasn't good enough. Everyone was saying Taylor was a perfect fit for the Husker offense. Riley comes to town and all of a sudden he is not good enough. You can call me butt hurt or what ever you want, but things just don't add up as to why Taylor never got any meaningful touches in practice or in a game. Only thing that changed was Mike Riley came to town. The same things apply whether it is High school or college ... the difference is in college ... the players are bigger and faster. You need to come to grips with the fact Mike Riley is not the type of coach that should be coaching the Husker football team. Riley coached a team in a town where on Sunday morning 90% of the people in that town had no idea who won the game on Saturday and didn't care enough to find out.
I'm not a fan of Riley at all. But that doesn't take away the fact that you seem like some delusional Texas High School football fan that is all butt hurt because a former Katy player isn't getting any snaps at RB at NU.
  • Fire 1