GT: Nebraska at Rutgers - 4PM CT - ESPNU

Don't know what to take away from this game. Is Rutgers that bad ?, is this the best neb can play ?? All I know is stop taking so many 3's. You guys are atrocious at them. At least the losing streak is over.

Rutgers is the worst conference opponent Nebraska has ever played. And it's not close. But still a good win. You have to dominate that type of team to boost this team's confidence. But obviously it's going to get a lot harder again moving forward.

Yeah, Rutgers is simply not a good team and are dealing with the same problems as Nebraska (i.e., lack of a big man). Nebraska just happened to have the bigger, albeit uncoordinated, player at the 5.

Now, you take a look at the way Nebraska has played against very good teams in Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa, and today against Rutgers and you have to like how they're playing. They're competing and have held the lead in each game. With Northwestern and Iowa it was simply going a great length of time without scoring; against Indiana, it was the Hoosiers shooting ~70% in the second half. There's not much to be done about Indiana--teams like that can get hot. But, if Miles can find a way to even reduce those scoring droughts, then the next part of the season could be good. If not, then we'll be right where we are.

Nebraska is a good center away from a solid team, which is frustrating.

Yeah, Rutgers is simply not a good team and are dealing with the same problems as Nebraska (i.e., lack of a big man). Nebraska just happened to have the bigger, albeit uncoordinated, player at the 5.

Now, you take a look at the way Nebraska has played against very good teams in Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa, and today against Rutgers and you have to like how they're playing. They're competing and have held the lead in each game. With Northwestern and Iowa it was simply going a great length of time without scoring; against Indiana, it was the Hoosiers shooting ~70% in the second half. There's not much to be done about Indiana--teams like that can get hot. But, if Miles can find a way to even reduce those scoring droughts, then the next part of the season could be good. If not, then we'll be right where we are.

I really really hope Tim gets things going and proves me wrong, but I have serious doubts. I don't take anything from a game like this. Playing against a seriously weak team like this gives a false sense of how good a team is.

NW is a very good team? Negative

Collins was very smart with his schedule but they will be lucky to win 6 big ten games

NW is a very good team? Negative

Collins was very smart with his schedule but they will be lucky to win 6 big ten games

Very good is a stretch, time will tell how good. The only teams they have beaten is Missouri, VTech, and Depaul.. of course NU as well.

Hmmm no. We don't have a pg thst can drive and finish or kick it out to 3 pt shooter....which we lack too. We have no ability to play physical. We are a team of stick figures.

We have a flawed team.

Hmmm no. We don't have a pg thst can drive and finish or kick it out to 3 pt shooter....which we lack too. We have no ability to play physical. We are a team of stick figures.

We have a flawed team.

Hot take.

I thought that they played good basketball today. Rutgers was not a good team but we came out and outplayed them like we should of and I believe we never tailed in the game. We got a lot to improve on and we need to take these next few games against minny and Illinois. If this team rebounds better against the better teams and all teams in this league we might not be as bad as some think but that is a big If. I would say we might make the NIT but that is a best case scenario this year.

I thought that they played good basketball today. Rutgers was not a good team but we came out and outplayed them like we should of and I believe we never tailed in the game. We got a lot to improve on and we need to take these next few games against minny and Illinois. If this team rebounds better against the better teams and all teams in this league we might not be as bad as some think but that is a big If. I would say we might make the NIT but that is a best case scenario this year.

Hope your right. I missed all but 10 minutes of the game. What I did see is that Rutgers plays absolutely no D, but this is a game our youngsters need to build confidence.

props to them for sure, the bad thing is against a team like this you can't really tell if it is us or them?

Since I did miss most of the game, how did Shields play? Since conference play, his stats have not been up to par and his rebounding & assist numbers have been less impressive.

It was good to see Shields play within himself and not force things. When the lane was there, he drove, but otherwise played fairly sound.

He particularly set up McVeigh for some open looks, but unfortunately he was unable to convert 4 of 5 open 3's.