Tulane QB Tanner Lee to Transfer to Nebraska

It's an insurance policy and a much needed one. We would have all our 2017 eggs in the basket of unproven talent(assuming POB isn't the second coming).

I wonder if they will try and recruit another QB in the '17 class.

For sure. Even if the '17 class lands a high profile QB recruit such as Gebbia, odds are decent that the guy would (or at least *should*) redshirt.

That would leave POB as the starter by default. I don't like the idea of a starter not facing legitimate competition. Competition raises everybody's level. We've sorely lacked for a legitimate competition for the QB1 spot for years and years, and I think that shows.

Ganz took it maybe a little personally that Nebraska would always bring in more QBs, but you know what, it drove him to become the best he could be.

I think any way you look at it, Tanner Lee is an important add. It doesn't mean he or anybody else will pan out, but they needed to address the QB room in a big way, I think. And it's great that they've managed to add an upperclassmen into the mix, so that the scholarships aren't too concentrated in the recent classes. This is more ideal scholarship layering for the '17 and '18 classes than 2 freshman QBs in '16 would have been.

By the way, cornographic, if you aren't familiar with Gebbia yet, you should pop over to the Recruiting forums some. He's part of the Calabasas group that includes a current '16 commit (Dismuke) and a bunch of top notch prospects (WR Keyshawn Johnson, Jr, CB Darnay Holmes, and others). All of them will have no shortage of options to choose from and it'll be great if Nebraska manages to land even one of them.

It's an insurance policy and a much needed one. We would have all our 2017 eggs in the basket of unproven talent(assuming POB isn't the second coming).

For sure. Even if the '17 class lands a high profile QB recruit such as Gebbia, odds are decent that the guy would (or at least *should*) redshirt.

That would leave POB as the starter by default. I don't like the idea of a starter not facing legitimate competition. Competition raises everybody's level. We've sorely lacked for a legitimate competition for the QB1 spot for years and years, and I think that shows.

Ganz took it maybe a little personally that Nebraska would always bring in more QBs, but you know what, it drove him to become the best he could be.

I think any way you look at it, Tanner Lee is an important add. It doesn't mean he or anybody else will pan out, but they needed to address the QB room in a big way, I think. And it's great that they've managed to add an upperclassmen into the mix, so that the scholarships aren't too concentrated in the recent classes. This is more ideal scholarship layering for the '17 and '18 classes than 2 freshman QBs in '16 would have been.

By the way, cornographic, if you aren't familiar with Gebbia yet, you should pop over to the Recruiting forums some. He's part of the Calabasas group that includes a current '16 commit (Dismuke) and a bunch of top notch prospects (WR Keyshawn Johnson, Jr, CB Darnay Holmes, and others). All of them will have no shortage of options to choose from and it'll be great if Nebraska manages to land even one of them.

We are QB U of the future! Looks like Riley et. al. still has the CA connections going on. Hopefully they can get TX back up to snuff.

Gebbia

You got it.

Me likey.
As you should. He's visiting with his friends again in a few weeks.

Friends, like big time WR friends?

Has some good offers, Lane @ Bama, Ol Miss, The U. We have the QB Whisperer(Langsdorf), though.

WR and a certain 5* cb that has called Nebraska his second home.

Are we allowed to have 5* recruits @ NU? Anyhoo, can always use a lockdown CB.

I think any way you look at it, Tanner Lee is an important add. It doesn't mean he or anybody else will pan out, but they needed to address the QB room in a big way, I think.

Exactly. Nobody said Lee is transferring in to be handed the reigns. He's coming to a place he thinks he has a legitimate shot to compete to win the job. By the same token, POB is not handed anything.

Regardless of who wins the starting nod, we needed depth BIG TIME. It would be very unwise to go into 2017 with nothing behind POB.

I find it semi entertaining that many are not very excited by this pick up, given his timeline. But, if he could play this coming season......man, that would be really good news. Hopefully the talk of possibly getting him eligible for this year (doubtful) pans out.

For me it's more about him tying up a scholarship for 2 years and only being eligible for 1. If he gets an additional year, then the risk is more worth the reward IMO.

I find it semi entertaining that many are not very excited by this pick up, given his timeline. But, if he could play this coming season......man, that would be really good news. Hopefully the talk of possibly getting him eligible for this year (doubtful) pans out.

The eligibility waiver is for an additional year in 2018. He is a tratitional transfer, so he is INELIGIBLE to play in 2016.