Overused Catch Phrases to win arguments

@teach's post: 

Imagine loving Trump so much that this is the side you spend your energy defending.

Imagine being so simpering in your devotion that you follow me around, posting snide personal attacks in unrelated threads and status messages for upwards of a year. 

If this is a cry for help, I hope somebody hears it. In any case, I ask that you stop this and occupy yourself with something else. You may get off on badgering me, but it's a pitiable sight to behold.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, Moiraine said:

Have I said "divisive" yet?

I have  a FB friend who tells everyone to stop being divisive because it's ruining our country, in response to anyone saying anything negative at all about Trump or posting about any of his words or actions.

This gets used with Husker fans too.  It is so annoying.  

• 1 year later...

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

People use the word "agenda" too gd much, and as if it's a bad word. Generally in response to anything they deem liberal.

In fact, I already posted about it in this topic :p

I agree it is used too much.  But I disagree that is used generally to chastise liberal thought; it's used to make a lazy argument against any political argument.  However, I think the post in question was more of a parody of some internet outrage.

Plus, I don't think @huKSer is a raging conservative, I might me wrong though...

Edit: nm..I didn't catch who used the word in the thread until I went back.  @huKSer isn't who you were referring to.

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree it is used too much.  But I disagree that is used generally to chastise liberal thought; it's used to make a lazy argument against any political argument.  However, I think the post in question was more of a parody of some internet outrage.

Plus, I don't think @huKSer is a raging conservative, I might me wrong though...

Moderate republican. Despise the alt right

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Edit: nm..I didn't catch who used the word in the thread until I went back.  @huKSer isn't who you were referring to.

Ya, it's used for any political argument. It just seems to be used way more often anytime someone does something perceived as liberal.

It's also used too often when discussing football.

Ya, I thought @huKSer's post was funny.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

"Cancel culture."

I wonder what the snowflakes b!^@hing about this thought of what happened to the Dixie Chicks and J.K. Rowling's books. Except what they did wasn't fight over the right to own slaves or be racist/sexist dbags.

This is an amazing article on that topic and I wish I could write this well and leave people going "wait...are they..."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/cancel-culture-democrat-belongs-in-dustbin-history/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is an amazing article on that topic and I wish I could write this well and leave people going "wait...are they..."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/cancel-culture-democrat-belongs-in-dustbin-history/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The problem I have with articles like this is they are projecting a fringe view onto a huge group of people. The vast majority of leftists and Democrats don't want to tear down statues of Washington or Lincoln. I will add, though, there is no reason for us to continue honoring Columbus, and I don't understand why people would care if we stop celebrating him. To call it cancel culture to realize we never should have celebrated someone in the first place is stupidity.

• Plus1 1