Overused Catch Phrases to win arguments

t I think the system is pretty effed and think $ should not be involved in the way it is. Policies and politicians are controlled by $ and that isn't right. On both sides.

Personally, I'm a firm believer that what we see from everyone involved is a facade and if money were taken out of the process, we all would have vastly different views on issues due to not being force fed what political factions want us to hear through media.

If you don't think there is fear used by liberals/Democrats then well.....

This is true, everyone uses it just as everyone uses pretty much any logical fallacy to support their cause, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that means it's the same. That is the fallacy of false equivalency. A perfect example of this is the increasing partisanship we see in politics - the right is becoming more and more right, and the left more left, but just because both are, doesn't mean they are equal. The right has traveled much further right than the left has traveled left.

I wanted to come back to this comment.

Yes, at this time, the far right is a total mess and have gone totally off the deep end. That is why I have said repeatedly that the Tea Party is the single worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican party.

However, I feel like there is a split starting to happen in conservatism. There are people who are staunchly in that Tea Party mode of thinking. At the same time, there are more and more people who are starting to realize that is the wrong path for conservatism. We can only hope that more and more people start thinking that way.

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this to reiterate that the word "agenda" is way overused and it's a big pet peeve of mine. Lately it seems I can't read more than 3 people's replies without seeing someone accusing someone else of having an agenda. Sometimes it seems like the way we communicate now is dumbing down everything. People use catch phrases that they don't understand when they don't know what else to say.

It's called an opinion, people. It's possible to have thoughts about things without having an "agenda."