Overused Catch Phrases to win arguments

The differences in interactions with knapp v christians in this thread has nothing to do with faith. It has to do with many having a general demeanor of, "Can you explain that?" and, "I can see where you're coming from on that.", vs, "If you didn't understand that's your fault" and "What do you think I meant?" and "Nobody has answered my question. Why is yours more important?"

Someone, sorry can't remember who, already covered Triggered.

Cuck. Short for cuckold

This word was, I think, put into the vernacular by alt-right internet trolls to describe liberal males, who they think:

aren't "real" men

support feminists and/or feminism

can't please a woman because they're too sensitive

are pathetic because they believe women to be equal

SJW. Social Justice Warrior

​This phrase is used derisively to insult anyone who believes that nobody should be discriminated against.

It is also used to describe feminists, gay activists, or anyone who condemns the alt-right as racist bigots.

Also it is used frequently with the word bullsh**

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

• 8 months later...

Overused catch phrases/buzz words

1. "Make America Great"  It already was , if anything Trumps  failed presidency, and bad policies have made it less great

2. "Fake News"    Donnie's made up term to discredit any news he doesn't like

3. "You lost, Give him a chance"  A candidate who ran on a platform i totally disagree with won yes, and i had no choice but to give him a chance. His daily failure, and ineptitude, has done nothing to earn my support though. 

4. "Winning"  Self proclaimed "victories" in random situations . no facts needed

5. "Libtard'  GOP supporters who know they made a terrible mistake and wont admit it, or fox news/Alex Jones indoctrinated people, with no logical thought process of their own, are all over this one.

6. "Very very, Yuge, Nasty, Crooked, Many Many ,Sad"    Lesson here is wrong or right, substance or not, say what you say loud and proud. Lace your statements with repetitive words like those and the masses will believe you every time.

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Overused catch phrases/buzz words

1. "Make America Great"  It already was , if anything Trumps  failed presidency, and bad policies have made it less great

2. "Fake News"    Donnie's made up term to discredit any news he doesn't like

3. "You lost, Give him a chance"  A candidate who ran on a platform i totally disagree with won yes, and i had no choice but to give him a chance. His daily failure, and ineptitude, have done nothing to earn my support though. 

4. "Winning"  Self proclaimed "victories" in random situations . no facts needed

5. "Libtard'  GOP supporters who know they made a terrible mistake and wont admit it, or fox news/Alex Jones indoctrinated people, with no logical thought process of their own, are all over this one.

6. "Very very, Yuge, Nasty, Crooked, Many Many ,Sad"    Lesson here is wrong or right, substance or not, say what you say loud and proud. Lace your statements with repetitive words like those and the masses will believe you every time.

I would like to add:

7.  ”Enjoy!”

8.  ”Jobs!”

9.  ”I’m not the puppet you’re the puppet”.  (Actually thats my favorite stupid response to anything.  I love it.)

• Plus1 2

"That doesn't 100% prove it." Ignores the fact that we live in a world with uncertainty, so no practical situation can ever be 100% proven, only abstract concepts without uncertainty. Evidence-based reasoning can "prove" something even if there's still a tiny bit of doubt.

Edited by RedDenver
  • Plus1 1

White supremacist, hell freaking Ben Carson has been called one. Keep it to people that have actually espoused racial superiority.  What's funny is that many of the people that just throw it around are quite racist themselves. 

Phobic, it's means an irrational hate or aversion. It does not apply to somebody that just said something that doesn't fit your world-view. 

Bashing another's ideological  circlejerk of a source then citing your own ideological circlejerk of a source. Breitbart and Salon are both garbage.

Fascist. The essence of fascism is authoritarianism and that can be found with different rationales on either political side. If you are opposing free-speech then you are the fascist.

Generally anything that gets down to throwing an identity-politics label on somebody. Identity politics(of both the left and right variety) is a massive magnet for loser-types that have to try to ad-hominem their way out of a debate/argument. 

Edited by Danimal