Let's talk about Islamophobia

zoogs

Let me dumb this down - if you are a practicing muslim and a US Citizen, you will be tested according to Newt's proposal ... how does that trump (or does it) your 1st Amendment Rights as a US Citizen?

Oh, so now constitutional rights matter to you?

but yes, if you are part of the group that is in favor of Sharia law, then yes, your citizenship will be revoked.

They absolutely matter - you weren't understanding that this was a hypothetical question posed to you. And that your irrational blanket statements don't hold up when you take away the "brown people from another country" factor.

When you feel overwhelmed by facts and pertinent data that disagrees with your opinion you seem to strike out at people. I won't take it personally, but I won't play your game either.

you have no problem letting these people into this country without being checked out?

Bro.

Many of the people here who are of Muslim background were born here. Mosques exist here; they are religious places of worship no different from Catholic churches.

Clearly you don't think they should be treated as equal under the law.

That's...American?

• Fire 3

Your proud Republican statesman, convention speaker, and 2016 VP finalist Newt Gingrich, in his own words:http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/07/14/fox-newt-gingrich-calls-muslims-be-deported-if-they-believe-sharia/211594

We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. (...)

Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail. (...)

Look, the first step is you have to ask them the questions. The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the internet. The third step is -- let me be very clear. You have to monitor the mosques. (...)

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

Funny, you want to deeper gun laws, even banning them, to stop the deaths but yet you have no problem letting these people into this country without being checked out? lol, gotta love this mindset.

Think about this for a minute.. further restrict law abiding citizens, but give free access for those who have potential to kill massive groups of Americans...

Anyone has the potential to massive groups of Americans. That's not exclusive to Muslims. So do we have to test everyone?

For a country so averse to government surveillance, a lot of us sure don't seem to mind if it's done to the scary brown people...

What other groups are killing people like Muslims? none!!

EDIT: haha, no you're are just for limiting Americans rights..

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

According to a new nationwide online survey (Below) of 600 Muslims living in the United States, of those polled a significant minority embraces the supremacist notions that could pose a threat to Americas security and its constitutional form of government.*

The numbers of potential jihadists among the majority of Muslims who appear not to be sympathetic to such notions raise a number of public policy choices that warrant careful consideration and urgent debate, including: the necessity for enhanced surveillance of Muslim communities; refugee resettlement, asylum and other immigration programs that are swelling their numbers and density; and the viability of so-called countering violent extremism initiatives that are supposed to stymie radicalization within those communities.

Overall, the survey, which was conducted by The Polling Company for the Center for Security Policy (CSP), suggests that a substantial number of Muslims living in the United States see the country very differently than does the population overall. The sentiments of the latter were sampled in late May in another CSP-commissioned Polling Company nationwide survey.

What other groups kill like muslims (so much ignorance in that statement, but I'll bite again)? Brazilians kill far more people than terrorists, some 50k, where's your outrage for them? Mexicans kill more than ISIS did in two years in Iraq (almost 20k per year). Americans kill more Americans than ISIS does in a year (about 12k). Where's your outrage for these groups? They're are vile, barbaric people. Can we ban Americans from America?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

so much ignorance in this statement..

Inform me then. I dare you. Because you're level of ignorance is baffeling.

Oh, you want to get personal... and you dare me? lol, you think highly of yourself, don't you.

No, I actually don't think much of myself. But, I am willing to debate you with facts. You are here labeling us as ignorant, terrorism loving liberals; spouting misinformation and opinion as some gospel. I dare you, because I want you to prove me wrong. I don't think you can have a fact based discussion.
  • Fire 3
  • 2 months later...

Yeesh: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/militia-terror-plot-fbi-kansas_us_58014995e4b0162c043c1e90?79j63wr9uksp2e29

According to the Department of Justice, the trio allegedly stockpiled firearms, ammunition and explosive materials, and discussed parking four vehicles filled with explosives at the four corners of the apartment complex in order to set off a massive explosion.

The attack, which the men allegedly said would “wake people up,” was planned for Nov. 9, one day after the presidential election, according to the DOJ.

• Fire 1

Curious timing. Personally, I used to worry a bit about that terrorists would plot increased activity as we neared election day, and America would decide to go full-blown Islamaphobe and elect Trump. Luckily he's done a fine job torching his own campaign at this point, so I don't think that's a possibility anymore.

Good opportunity to be thankful for those who actually do keep us safe, though. It's amazing to me how well they sniff these things out.

Yeesh: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/militia-terror-plot-fbi-kansas_us_58014995e4b0162c043c1e90?79j63wr9uksp2e29

According to the Department of Justice, the trio allegedly stockpiled firearms, ammunition and explosive materials, and discussed parking four vehicles filled with explosives at the four corners of the apartment complex in order to set off a massive explosion.

The attack, which the men allegedly said would “wake people up,” was planned for Nov. 9, one day after the presidential election, according to the DOJ.

This is completely disgusting.

These 3 are from Liberal, Kansas - an actual place; apparently it's just that liberals IN Kansas are a myth...

• 2 months later...

Two videos part of fighting back against the portrayal of Muslisms that's been hard not to absorb, just through osmosis.

The journalist makes a pretty great point about Aladdin. Of course those were points I never picked up on watching it -- at least not consciously.

The portrayal of refugees here is also important. It's just so different than even a regular reader of news would experience, unless you go out of your way looking for stuff like this.

So....just to be clear here.

Israel is willing to bring in Syrian refugees because they see the suffering of these people.

BUT......we shouldn't because we are more scared of Muslim Terrorists.

Got it....

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/811320281130213376

Ironically the Trump guys at work we're bitching about the suffering in Syria and Obama not helping... :facepalm

Israel is willing to bring in Syrian refugees because they see the suffering of these people.

Got it....

Ironically the Trump guys at work we're bitching about the suffering in Syria and Obama not helping... :facepalm

What??

Got it....

Ask them what they think about Putin, I dare you.

Got it....

Oh, they think he's a good, tough leader! Better than Obama, he gets things done!

Honestly they just repeat every FSN headline and then have a circle jerk of agreement. If it wasn't an office environment I would have ripped them a new one already. They're so dumb they bag on millenials even though they work with about 50% millenials now. Then they say "Oh but we don't mean you guys here, you work hard. It's the other ones." Buncha tools...

Got it....

Oh, they think he's a good, tough leader! Better than Obama, he gets things done!

Honestly they just repeat every FSN headline and then have a circle jerk of agreement. If it wasn't an office environment I would have ripped them a new one already. They're so dumb they bag on millenials even though they work with about 50% millenials now. Then they say "Oh but we don't mean you guys here, you work hard. It's the other ones." Buncha tools...

They shouldn't be talking about this stuff in an office environment in the first place. It would piss me off to have to hear about this stuff at work.

Got it....

They shouldn't be talking about this stuff in an office environment in the first place. It would piss me off to have to hear about this stuff at work.

It's a pretty open office, which I'm glad I work in. Listening to them is the price I pay for getting to make jokes that would get me fired at PC places. We talk politics all the time, respectfully. The day after the election was insufferable though. I just put my headphones in and cranked them up.

It's actually pretty fun because I work with people from all walks of life. Union, non-union, assembly line workers, execs, fellow engineers from a hundred different places and several different countries; So I hear everyone's opinions and experiences.

In my office, I am not going to control what individual casual conversations are had about politics. My employees know I almost never discuss my own political views. If two people are in the break room and having a conversation, why should I care as long as it's not disrespectful to others?

However, I refuse to allow political talk while in meetings.

Meetings are where people should feel free to talk and not be judged on their views outside that meeting. I have had to get pretty straight forward in my demand on this at times. But, it won't be a part of my meetings.

• Fire 1