Let's talk about Islamophobia

zoogs

Your proud Republican statesman, convention speaker, and 2016 VP finalist Newt Gingrich, in his own words:http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/07/14/fox-newt-gingrich-calls-muslims-be-deported-if-they-believe-sharia/211594

We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. (...)

Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail. (...)

Look, the first step is you have to ask them the questions. The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the internet. The third step is -- let me be very clear. You have to monitor the mosques. (...)

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

Funny, you want to deeper gun laws, even banning them, to stop the deaths but yet you have no problem letting these people into this country without being checked out? lol, gotta love this mindset.

Think about this for a minute.. further restrict law abiding citizens, but give free access for those who have potential to kill massive groups of Americans...

Anyone has the potential to massive groups of Americans. That's not exclusive to Muslims. So do we have to test everyone?

For a country so averse to government surveillance, a lot of us sure don't seem to mind if it's done to the scary brown people...

What other groups are killing people like Muslims? none!!

EDIT: haha, no you're are just for limiting Americans rights..

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

According to a new nationwide online survey (Below) of 600 Muslims living in the United States, of those polled a significant minority embraces the supremacist notions that could pose a threat to Americas security and its constitutional form of government.*

The numbers of potential jihadists among the majority of Muslims who appear not to be sympathetic to such notions raise a number of public policy choices that warrant careful consideration and urgent debate, including: the necessity for enhanced surveillance of Muslim communities; refugee resettlement, asylum and other immigration programs that are swelling their numbers and density; and the viability of so-called countering violent extremism initiatives that are supposed to stymie radicalization within those communities.

Overall, the survey, which was conducted by The Polling Company for the Center for Security Policy (CSP), suggests that a substantial number of Muslims living in the United States see the country very differently than does the population overall. The sentiments of the latter were sampled in late May in another CSP-commissioned Polling Company nationwide survey.

What other groups kill like muslims (so much ignorance in that statement, but I'll bite again)? Brazilians kill far more people than terrorists, some 50k, where's your outrage for them? Mexicans kill more than ISIS did in two years in Iraq (almost 20k per year). Americans kill more Americans than ISIS does in a year (about 12k). Where's your outrage for these groups? They're are vile, barbaric people. Can we ban Americans from America?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

so much ignorance in this statement..

Your proud Republican statesman, convention speaker, and 2016 VP finalist Newt Gingrich, in his own words:http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/07/14/fox-newt-gingrich-calls-muslims-be-deported-if-they-believe-sharia/211594

We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. (...)

Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail. (...)

Look, the first step is you have to ask them the questions. The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the internet. The third step is -- let me be very clear. You have to monitor the mosques. (...)

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

Funny, you want to deeper gun laws, even banning them, to stop the deaths but yet you have no problem letting these people into this country without being checked out? lol, gotta love this mindset.

Think about this for a minute.. further restrict law abiding citizens, but give free access for those who have potential to kill massive groups of Americans...

Anyone has the potential to massive groups of Americans. That's not exclusive to Muslims. So do we have to test everyone?

For a country so averse to government surveillance, a lot of us sure don't seem to mind if it's done to the scary brown people...

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

According to a new nationwide online survey (Below) of 600 Muslims living in the United States, of those polled a significant minority embraces the supremacist notions that could pose a threat to Americas security and its constitutional form of government.*

The numbers of potential jihadists among the majority of Muslims who appear not to be sympathetic to such notions raise a number of public policy choices that warrant careful consideration and urgent debate, including: the necessity for enhanced surveillance of Muslim communities; refugee resettlement, asylum and other immigration programs that are swelling their numbers and density; and the viability of so-called countering violent extremism initiatives that are supposed to stymie radicalization within those communities.

Overall, the survey, which was conducted by The Polling Company for the Center for Security Policy (CSP), suggests that a substantial number of Muslims living in the United States see the country very differently than does the population overall. The sentiments of the latter were sampled in late May in another CSP-commissioned Polling Company nationwide survey.

What other groups kill like muslims (so much ignorance in that statement, but I'll bite again)? Brazilians kill far more people than terrorists, some 50k, where's your outrage for them? Mexicans kill more than ISIS did in two years in Iraq (almost 20k per year). Americans kill more Americans than ISIS does in a year (about 12k). Where's your outrage for these groups? They're are vile, barbaric people. Can we ban Americans from America?

Pot - kettle.

Huskerfan2000, You obviously have a bone to pick with NM, so let me ask (as I support 2nd Amendment rights). How is Gingrich's proposal Constitutional?

I have not bone with NM, that poster just doesn't like being shown to be a hypocrite.

Newt's proposal dos not infringe on the free practice of their regilion.. until that regilion tries to establish it's own set of laws, laws that call for harming of those that don't follow their beliefs. That wasn't hard at all.

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

What other groups kill like muslims (so much ignorance in that statement, but I'll bite again)? Brazilians kill far more people than terrorists, some 50k, where's your outrage for them? Mexicans kill more than ISIS did in two years in Iraq (almost 20k per year). Americans kill more Americans than ISIS does in a year (about 12k). Where's your outrage for these groups? They're are vile, barbaric people. Can we ban Americans from America?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Inform me then. I dare you. Because you're level of ignorance is baffeling.

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

What other groups kill like muslims (so much ignorance in that statement, but I'll bite again)? Brazilians kill far more people than terrorists, some 50k, where's your outrage for them? Mexicans kill more than ISIS did in two years in Iraq (almost 20k per year). Americans kill more Americans than ISIS does in a year (about 12k). Where's your outrage for these groups? They're are vile, barbaric people. Can we ban Americans from America?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Inform me then. I dare you. Because you're level of ignorance is baffeling.

Oh, you want to get personal... and you dare me? lol, you think highly of yourself, don't you.

I'm not talking about the 1st Amendment, but at least you tried.

I'm more concerned about the Fourth and Ninth Amendment, although I'm sure the First Amendment would come into play as the Government would have to make a formal policy against one religion to enact policies regarding that religion.

The Fourth Amendment requires probable cause before "search and seizures". Will these "background checks" be conducted voluntarily?

The Ninth Amendment basically allows us to use common sense to know when people's rights are being infringed upon because of "who they are". Muslims would be subject to laws because of "who they are" not "what they have done".

Huskerfan2000, You obviously have a bone to pick with NM, so let me ask (as I support 2nd Amendment rights). How is Gingrich's proposal Constitutional?

Question for you. Do you believe sharia law should be allowed under the 1st Amendment?

I believe all religions should be able to practice according to their traditions as long as it within the frameworks of the law.

Question for you. Do you believe sharia law should be allowed under the 1st Amendment?

I believe all religions should be able to practice according to their traditions as long as it within the frameworks of the law.

Do you know what Sharia law is about? I would assume so, it seems you dodged my question just a bit.

I know enough to realize that the interpretation of Sharia Law exists on a spectrum from Liberal - Moderate - Radical. Just like any other religion.

edited to include "liberal" into the spectrum. I didn't want to give the idea that "moderate" Muslims were the "far left" of the religion.

Edited by funhusker

Great, great guy.

#BOTHSIDES

This is hilarious coming from you. You blather on about constitutional rights but you don't even realize those rights would be infringed upon by picking out which people support sharia law. On top of that it would be a witch hunt. Anyone who doesn't like a Muslim would say they overheard them saying they want that form of government. The fact you keep asking people if they're okay with sharia law or the people who support it show you're missing the point people are trying to make.

It's all well and good wanting that to never come close to happening here. But picking and choosing who supports it requires a violation of rights to citizens.

I have not bone with NM, that poster just doesn't like being shown to be a hypocrite.

Newt's proposal dos not infringe on the free practice of their regilion.. until that regilion tries to establish it's own set of laws, laws that call for harming of those that don't follow their beliefs. That wasn't hard at all.

This is in the 11th article of the constitution....correct?

• Fire 2