Mavric

SIGNED - WR Tyjon Lindsey

HuskerBoard Predictor  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is big news. Even though it's likely a homer pick, McKewon wouldn't put that pick in if he didn't think there was a legitimate shot at it.

He's taking it up to NSD? Or am I thinking of someone else?

He will probably announce at the Army All American Bowl in January.

In his most recent interview didn't he say he wanted to commit this summer? Obviously it won't be over if that happens but it would at least tell us who is leading at the time.

Hopefully these aren't indicative of the majority of the correspondence being sent out. To have a picture touting academic all-Americans with another card with "Jake from state from State Farm" kind of loses a little bit of the pointedness of the all-Americans stat. I get people make mistakes, but this is official correspondence from the university that's also being posted on social media. It's kind of embarrassing.

Hopefully these aren't indicative of the majority of the correspondence being sent out. To have a picture touting academic all-Americans with another card with "Jake from state from State Farm" kind of loses a little bit of the pointedness of the all-Americans stat. I get people make mistakes, but this is official correspondence from the university that's also being posted on social media. It's kind of embarrassing.

Pretty sure the "state farm" deal has some hidden meaning. Sometimes you need to know the relationship and some past conversations to understand why something is being used or said. It shows a level of "being comfortable" with each other - similar to calling somebody "ugly" or "fat" (which have been done with staff/players).

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure it's a shot at Ohio State's WR coach.

That was my guess. His name isn't Jake but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Broganryenik is talking about the phrasing of the sentence in the postcard. It says "Don't get coached by Jake from State from State Farm." Reading that and then touting Academic All Americans seems like an oxymoron.

But to our defense, his alma mater is Oregon State.

Broganryenik is talking about the phrasing of the sentence in the postcard. It says "Don't get coached by Jake from State from State Farm." Reading that and then touting Academic All Americans seems like an oxymoron.

Jake from state could mean, state as in Ohio state and intentionally put in there. Not accidentally put twice. Then from state Farm the 2nd time could be a joke about their wr coach

Jake from state could mean, state as in Ohio state and intentionally put in there. Not accidentally put twice. Then from state Farm the 2nd time could be a joke about their wr coach

You might be giving McShane a little too much credit for a simple error. It's not a big deal.

You might be giving McShane a little too much credit for a simple error. It's not a big deal.
Or u give him too little. Either way, u are right, it is not a big deal.

Or u give him too little. Either way, u are right, it is not a big deal.

I was just trying to clarify what the other guy was trying to say. I have no dog in the hunt either way

I have a good feeling about him, but its gonna take work.

Constant sunshine is as, or more, annoying than constant pessimism. They are both symptoms of mood disorders. Now, not understanding the difference between being realistically pro-Husker vs just anti-you i'm not sure of.

Guess what Huskerboard? I have good news.

I'm switching my prediction over to DONU. The last two times I've done this (Avery Roberts from Penn State to Nebraska and Gebbia from Ole Miss) the guys committed. What I'm saying is, you can basically put his commitment in the bag. You're welcome Husker Nation.

• Upvote 2

Noticed he's got an OV listed on 247 for the fall ... only one on his planning line right now. Looks at this with optimism.

• Upvote 1

Lol, he has that on his Twitter. Not sure if it's to mess with guys that don't have a clue or what. He is 5'8

It's a joke that's been there for quite a while.

Gotcha... Yeah, i'm glad he is only 5'8". If he was 6'8" I'd say that's too tall of a receiver... Catch radius would be too big.

Honestly I think it was about Tate Marshall decommiting from A&M

I think both wanna play with each other.. And it's looking like oregon

He just got back from an unofficial there...they are pressing for him pretty hard

Oregon might be the leader here for them. Imo

Which sucks because if Martell goes there Lindsey won't be far behind.

I agree - I gotta believe having Bookie in his ear is good for us, but there's that year between them. I thought we had a better shot at Tyjon than Darnay. Now who knows.

I think this hurt us considerably for Tyjon. He wants to play with Martell, but didn't really like A&M very much. I guess we will see who Martell is interested and reevaluate, but I think it's going to be Ohio State.

Now back on topic. I have no problem with Tyjon following his teammate to another school such as tOSU or Oregon, both schools have been more successful within the past 10 years than Nebraska has been.

Anyone who has a problem with a kids decision that doesn't effect your life needs to get a life of their own

Bye bye Tyjon.

Wouldn't go that far. Our chances went down though.
If Martell for some reason chooses Cal we got a chance. Oregon/OSU would put us in a bad spot. I'm not sure Lindseys thoughts on USC if they'd make a run at Martell.

If Martell for some reason chooses Cal we got a chance. Oregon/OSU would put us in a bad spot. I'm not sure Lindseys thoughts on USC if they'd make a run at Martell.

Wasn't the KW/OSU twitter flap over us being in better shape on Lindsey than OSU?

Bye bye Tyjon.

Wouldn't go that far. Our chances went down though.

Cal just got a commitment from a 5 star WR. Imagine if Martell and Lindsey went there as well?