No Nike Store for Suh

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln walked away from negotiations with TFL Development Inc. earlier this month, effectively ending plans to bring a Nike store to downtown Lincoln.

Months of talks between UNL and the company launched by former Husker star Ndamukong Suh failed to produce an agreement for a retail store in the former Nebraska Bookstore space, the university said Tuesday.
In a March 17 letter to A’Jene M. Maxwell, a Detroit-area attorney representing TFL Development, UNL said it will not move forward with the proposed development.
“The University has elected not to move forward with the … project in the manner originally described due to the inability of the parties to come to mutually agreeable terms,” the letter states.

LJS

Which is funny because many times I see some of our top recruits wearing Adidas stuff (shoes) in HS. If they hate Adidas so much, I'm surprised they wear their shoes.

They wear it because it's free stuff that they get from the Athletic Department.

A junior or senior in HS is getting free stuff from our athletic department?

A kid whose father could buy him whatever he wants to wear is wearing pathetically ugly Adidas shoes because they are free?

They are wearing Adidas football shoes at camps and 7 on 7 tournaments because they are free?

Which is funny because many times I see some of our top recruits wearing Adidas stuff (shoes) in HS. If they hate Adidas so much, I'm surprised they wear their shoes.

They wear it because it's free stuff that they get from the Athletic Department.

A kid whose father could buy him whatever he wants to wear is wearing pathetically ugly Adidas shoes because they are free?

You said recruits. When recruits visit, they get a bunch of free gear from the team. That's what I am saying.

• Fire 1

You said recruits. When recruits visit, they get a bunch of free gear from the team. That's what I am saying.

And so the shoes they wear when they play? I'm thinking they would wear the shoes they feel the most comfortable in and like the best to play in.

I have seen pictures of players in HS wearing are tweeting pictures of Adizero shoes.

Maybe Adidas isn't as disgusting as some people think.

We don't...That is against the rules.

The coats and gear that recruits wear at games are returned to the Athletic Department after their visit.

They get tshirts and other minor things. They don't get "nothing" on their visits.

Gift Guidelines

The rules strictly forbid an athlete from accepting monetary gifts or special arrangements for family and friends. This rule applies throughout the entire recruiting process—on- and off-campus visits, tournament contacts, official signing day—and continues throughout the athlete's collegiate career. Neither the athlete nor his parents or guardian may borrow money from a representative of a college or university at any point in the recruiting process. Gifts of the following items are also prohibited: personalized jerseys, team merchandise, equipment, clothing, loans or co-signing of loans, employment arrangements and free or discounted housing.

http://www.stack.com/a/must-know-ncaa-recruiting-rules-and-regulations