OWH: Perlman Leaves NU with Complicated Legacy

The votes were basically decided.

Then why did it take so long for many of them to be cast?

Now...if you were around a group of people that didn't want you around, would you then get on a bus and go to supper with them?

If that is what I get paid to do, then yes. I also pretend they are smart, funny, manly, and swallow my pride to sell them on UNL or whatever else it takes to earn my paycheck.

Perlman always seemed to have a hard time understanding that what he wanted to do and what he needed to do could be two very different, even conflicting, things. AAU schmoozing is Exhibit A, Taking a shot at Bo is Exhibit B. Letting the Big XII Championship always be in Texas because he said he didn't like cold football games is Exhibit C.

And for the record who were the people who said "Harvey, we don't want you around" at the AAU meeting, or is this how urban legends get started?

Like I said...

Way to make us look stupid Harvey.

If Bo Pelini didn't want to be made fun of maybe he shouldn't have given them the ammunition. I simply don't see this as a huge deal, more like a tiny anthill.

Of course you don't see it as a huge deal...

Why should I? The man cracked a joke, get the eff over it.

Yup, he cracked a joke and now media around the country are laughing at us for looking stupid.

No big deal.

Then that's on the media. We can't do much to a person who said something on their way out the door.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. He's the damned chancellor, he should know better. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

Perlman and Pelini deserved each other.

I'm saying that if the media turns NU into a joke because of the final words of the outgoing Chancellor, there is nothing we could have done to stop it anyway. What are we going to do? Fire him?

You're right, there's nothing we can do about it. He gets his ego stroked, and the university becomes the butt of media jokes for a few days. He could have kept his mouth shut and taken the high road, but he didn't.

Just another misstep by Harvey.

• Fire 1

Like I said...

If Bo Pelini didn't want to be made fun of maybe he shouldn't have given them the ammunition. I simply don't see this as a huge deal, more like a tiny anthill.

Yup, he cracked a joke and now media around the country are laughing at us for looking stupid.

No big deal.

Lol @ "The media is laughing at us". They need to get the eff over it also.

• Fire 1

Like I said...

No big deal.

Lol @ "The media is laughing at us". They need to get the eff over it also.

Don't worry. Kenny Bell is helping them move on to something else to hammer us with.

Like I said...

No big deal.

Then that's on the media. We can't do much to a person who said something on their way out the door.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. He's the damned chancellor, he should know better. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

I'm saying that if the media turns NU into a joke because of the final words of the outgoing Chancellor, there is nothing we could have done to stop it anyway. What are we going to do? Fire him?

You're right, there's nothing we can do about it. He gets his ego stroked, and the university becomes the butt of media jokes for a few days. He could have kept his mouth shut and taken the high road, but he didn't.

You agenda against Harvey is showing again.

Like I said...

No big deal.

Pelini proved that, too.

You agenda against Harvey is showing again.

Whatever you say there bud.

• Fire 1

And for the record who were the people who said "Harvey, we don't want you around" at the AAU meeting, or is this how urban legends get started?

What do you think this means?

"Over the next day and a half, Mr. Perlman became increasingly isolated..."

I take that as the group had isolated him away and not including him in discussions...etc.

But...I guess I could go down to the grocery store and buy some tin foil to make a Perlman hat out of and join in all hatred and conspiracy on how he destroyed the University.

Like I said...

No big deal.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

Bo's been gone for 18 months. Harvey is the damned chancellor, he should know better. Perlman and Pelini deserved each other.

It's not Harvey's fault that the media doesn't know how to take a joke or that the media is to stupid to recognize it as one. Or maybe it's just the media trying to be all sensitive and butthurt over anything and everything. You know, like they do on a daily basis...

I take that as the group had isolated him away and not including him in discussions...etc.

But...I guess I could go down to the grocery store and buy some tin foil to make a Perlman hat out of and join in all hatred and conspiracy on how he destroyed the University.

Many people's hate and bias against Perlman is completely irrational.

• Fire 3

Like I said...

No big deal.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

Bo's been gone for 18 months. Harvey is the damned chancellor, he should know better. Perlman and Pelini deserved each other.

It's not Harvey's fault that the media doesn't know how to take a joke or that the media is to stupid to recognize it as one. Or maybe it's just the media trying to be all sensitive and butthurt over anything and everything. You know, like they do on a daily basis...

It's Harvey's fault for opening his mouth and saying something stupid where the only possible towards the university was not good.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

You can try to defend what he said all day long, but it's simply spin.

• Fire 1

Like I said...

No big deal.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's Harvey's fault for opening his mouth and saying something stupid where the only possible towards the university was not good.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

You can try to defend what he said all day long, but it's simply spin.

Some don't see it as stupid. Some see it as funny. That's not anymore spin than people vilifying him for it.

• Fire 1

There's literally one poster on this entire board who thinks this.

• Fire 1