OWH: Perlman Leaves NU with Complicated Legacy

And for the record who were the people who said "Harvey, we don't want you around" at the AAU meeting, or is this how urban legends get started?

What do you think this means?

"Over the next day and a half, Mr. Perlman became increasingly isolated..."

I take that as the group had isolated him away and not including him in discussions...etc. But...I guess I could go down to the grocery store and buy some tin foil to make a Perlman hat out of and join in all hatred and conspiracy on how he destroyed the University.

Many people's hate and bias against Perlman is completely irrational.

Or.....is it your love and bias for Perlman thats irrational?

I'm completely neutral when it comes to Perlman. I can't say that I like or dislike the man.

And for the record who were the people who said "Harvey, we don't want you around" at the AAU meeting, or is this how urban legends get started?

I take that as the group had isolated him away and not including him in discussions...etc. But...I guess I could go down to the grocery store and buy some tin foil to make a Perlman hat out of and join in all hatred and conspiracy on how he destroyed the University.

I'm very interested in how you came to the notion that some people have an irrational love for Harvey Perlman.

I'm very interested in how you came to the notion that some people have an irrational love for Harvey Perlman.

It's as truthful as saying people have an irrational hatred for Harvey.

I invite involvement and alignment. You need everyone pulling in the same direction.

Unfortunately, with is spaghetti strand arms and rampant incompetence, Perlman was of no use to athletics.

You take that back! Some people worship spaghetti !

I thought the Peter brothers identified College as an institution to inflict assaults on women? JK... But in all seriousness it is hard to overlook that under HP tutelage, athletics seemed to have taken a back seat. I really felt like after 2003, football had taken a step back from being ground zero of the University.

I have absolutely no qualms about what Perlman said about Bo. Was it a bit pugnacious and childish? ya, but Pelini was a snake. Pelini tried his damnedest to cultivate an unhealthy environment in the locker room when he left. Pelini was Trump, blamed everyone else for the problems in the program, and called his adversaries names. Perlman was a god send getting rid of that ticking time bomb.

But in all seriousness it is hard to overlook that under HP tutelage, athletics seemed to have taken a back seat.

I really don't know where this kind of mindset can rationally come from. Our athletics have been consistently good across the board for decades.

Everyone is aware of football struggles, but our lack of any type of championship since 1999 has been at the hands of Frank Solich, a Tom Osborne pick, Bill Callahan, a Pedersen/Perlman pick, Bo Pelini, a Tom Osborne pick, and Mike Riley, an Eichorst/Perlman pick. So maybe Perlman is 50% to blame for football since 2000?

Other sports, well...

volleyball just won another national championship, their third since Perlman has been chancellor, as well as ten conference championships, as well as three other final fours, as well as having the best attendance and facilities in the country.

men's basketball just made the tournament in 2013 for the first time since before Perlman arrived. They're not exactly setting the world on fire, but they weren't in the two decades before Perlman either.

women's basketball has had more tournament bids since Perlman has been chancellor than they had in their entire history beforehand, including the best season in school history, including two sweet sixteens and our only conference championship since 1988.

baseball had 7 tournament appearances before Perlman in all of school history, and has had 7 since he became Chancellor. 3 college world series appearances (compared to 0 before), three conference championships (compared to none from 1960-2000), three conference tournament championships (compared to one before)

softball has only missed the national tournament twice in the 16 years of Perlman's role as chancellor

i don't know anything about the finer points of wrestling or how to quantify it, but i know they're really damn good

too lazy to look up the numbers for track & field but they're also not in poor shape either

we've won 6 national championships in bowling since Perlman came along