OWH: Perlman Leaves NU with Complicated Legacy

Like I said...

https://twitter.com/sbnationcfb/status/717383562572337152

Way to make us look stupid Harvey.

If Bo Pelini didn't want to be made fun of maybe he shouldn't have given them the ammunition. I simply don't see this as a huge deal, more like a tiny anthill.
Personally, if I had to work for someone like Perlman or Eichorst, I wouldn't want to be there either.

But perly once again conflates his ego with the university. Just because Bo didn't like working for you Perly didn't mean he didn't want to be at Nebraska.

It's not a secret Bo looked for other jobs several times. I think Perlman has a better idea than you whether Bo wanted to be at NU or not.

That's called a rumor. Of which they were not substantiated.

Seemed Tom was supportive of Bo and thought he was the right guy (he had opportunity to make a change if he'd wanted to and didn't endorse the actual change when it was made).

Again, not wanting to work under Perlman isn't the same thing as hating being at Nebraska.

I don't put a lot of faith in Tom Osborne's decision making when it comes to dealing with troubled subordinates.

It was very clear that early on, Bo was going to look for a better job somewhere else and be gone.

Not convinced at all that he wanted to be here for any other reason that it was a big pay check to coach football.

When he was let go after Solich was fired, there were rumors that Bo's wife didn't like living in Lincoln and that would prevent him from ever coming back. Well.....the big pay check accomplished him coming back but that doesn't mean they liked it here.

These are flat out lies. It's just amazing the pillory and the lies that are heaped on this situation.

newsflash: snakes like Perlman and Pederson arent Nebraska. Disliking them is not the same as disliking Nebraska.

• Fire 2

I think if Perlman thought being in the AAU was THAT important to the academic validity and stability of NU, he would have fought harder.

Maybe someone close to the academic side can answer this for the rest of us: Has not being in the AAU anymore negatively affected any department at NU?

So unimportant that he booked a stay at the 4 seasons and refused to have NU withdraw, which is what Syracuse did.

The black flips people do to defend this guy...

You literally just agreed with what i said. He fought to a certain line and then gave it up. He didn't walk away from it like Syracuse did.

So... He made the effort but a little lobbying among colleagues at the events that were part of his trip in the first place was a bridge too far?

NU was ejected by 2 votes. Sitting at a table for 8 might have swung it if Perlman wasn't so alienating.

It might have. But in the end, Perlman decided that it wouldn't. Can you tell me if the university is hurting because we are not in the AAU?

It was very clear that early on, Bo was going to look for a better job somewhere else and be gone.

Not convinced at all that he wanted to be here for any other reason that it was a big pay check to coach football.

When he was let go after Solich was fired, there were rumors that Bo's wife didn't like living in Lincoln and that would prevent him from ever coming back. Well.....the big pay check accomplished him coming back but that doesn't mean they liked it here.

These are flat out lies. It's just amazing the pillory and the lies that are heaped on this situation.

newsflash: snakes like Perlman and Pederson arent Nebraska. Disliking them is not the same as disliking Nebraska.

Oh good friggen Lord......

I'm actually surprised you responded. You have been ignoring me for almost 24 hours.

I think if Perlman thought being in the AAU was THAT important to the academic validity and stability of NU, he would have fought harder.

Maybe someone close to the academic side can answer this for the rest of us: Has not being in the AAU anymore negatively affected any department at NU?

So unimportant that he booked a stay at the 4 seasons and refused to have NU withdraw, which is what Syracuse did.

You literally just agreed with what i said. He fought to a certain line and then gave it up. He didn't walk away from it like Syracuse did.
So... He made the effort but a little lobbying among colleagues at the events that were part of his trip in the first place was a bridge too far?

NU was ejected by 2 votes. Sitting at a table for 8 might have swung it if Perlman wasn't so alienating.

It might have. But in the end, Perlman decided that it wouldn't. Can you tell me if the university is hurting because we are not in the AAU?

He decided to pout. I get it. And considering he didn't want to voluntarily withdraw when asked to, I assume he found value in the membership. So that value was lost because Perlman couldn't swallow his pride in the 11th hour.

• Fire 2

He decided to pout. I get it. And considering he didn't want to voluntarily withdraw when asked to, I assume he found value in the membership. So that value was lost because Perlman couldn't swallow his pride in the 11th hour.

What did we lose except the 3 letter recognition?

Like I said...

https://twitter.com/sbnationcfb/status/717383562572337152

If Bo Pelini didn't want to be made fun of maybe he shouldn't have given them the ammunition. I simply don't see this as a huge deal, more like a tiny anthill.
Personally, if I had to work for someone like Perlman or Eichorst, I wouldn't want to be there either.

But perly once again conflates his ego with the university. Just because Bo didn't like working for you Perly didn't mean he didn't want to be at Nebraska.

It's not a secret Bo looked for other jobs several times. I think Perlman has a better idea than you whether Bo wanted to be at NU or not.

That's called a rumor. Of which they were not substantiated.

You choose what you want to believe, but he tried to get Miami, Penn St, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

I will just put this in here as it pertains to the AAU issue.

It's going to be so funny when this happens and because people are so ill informed they will just hate on Perlman even more.

Under his watch, the University has moved forward with creating closer ties to UNMC. One major part of that is putting campus for their nursing school in Lincoln. Right now it is located in a building on O street and a new (what is supposed to be very nice) building to house the UNL Nursing school will be built on campus. It's needed. But, this is being done in part due to the AAU issue. I'm sure this is not the only thing going on but it's the part I'm aware of.

Now....At some point, I would guess that we will be back in the AAU. However, all the Perlman haters will say....Aaaaah Haaaaa....See, it took a new guy to come in and clean up his mess.

As for him not attending the events at the meetings. I remember reading articles at the time. The votes were basically decided. The reason he had "Become increasingly isolated" wasn't because of him. They had basically ostracized him from the group. Now...if you were around a group of people that didn't want you around, would you then get on a bus and go to supper with them? Again, their minds had been made up based on their elitist view of what we spend our research money on.

That said....I would like to know how the University has been adversely affected by not being in the AAU.

He said rumors, not facts.

For someone who, in other threads, constantly requires an individual with differing views to pinpoint where exactly you made a definitive statement, I figured you would know the difference.

Also - pretty sure the cat was out of the bag that Bo was looking elsewhere after his rant post the 2011 Ohio State game.

• Fire 1

Like I said...

Of course you don't see it as a huge deal...

Why should I? The man cracked a joke, get the eff over it.

Like I said...

Yup, he cracked a joke and now media around the country are laughing at us for looking stupid.

No big deal.

• Fire 1

Like I said...

Yup, he cracked a joke and now media around the country are laughing at us for looking stupid.

No big deal.

Then that's on the media. We can't do much to a person who said something on their way out the door.

Pelini proved that, too.

Like I said...

No big deal.

Then that's on the media. We can't do much to a person who said something on their way out the door.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

Bo's been gone for 18 months. Harvey is the damned chancellor, he should know better. Perlman and Pelini deserved each other.

• Fire 2

Like I said...

No big deal.

Pelini proved that, too.

It's not the media's fault that Harvey had to get the last word and act like a child. He's the damned chancellor, he should know better. They simply reported on what he said, and the irony of it all.

Perlman and Pelini deserved each other.

I'm saying that if the media turns NU into a joke because of the final words of the outgoing Chancellor, there is nothing we could have done to stop it anyway. What are we going to do? Fire him?