OWH: Perlman Leaves NU with Complicated Legacy

Couldn’t do it, could you, Harvey?

Harvey Perlman couldn’t leave it alone. He couldn’t take the high road when it came to his nemesis — and former football coach — Bo Pelini. He had to get the last word.

When the outgoing UNL chancellor gave his final address on Friday, he said, “I’m not going to do a Bo Pelini.”

The audience laughed.

“Do you know what a Bo Pelini is?” Perlman continued. “It is defined in the urban dictionary as an expletive-laced rant expressing outrage on leaving a position you didn’t want anyway.

“Not going to do it.”

My first reaction is, Pelini didn’t want the Nebraska job? That’s a bit of a revelation. But do we really need to go there now?

No, we don’t.

Exactly.

And though Perlman said he wasn’t going to do a Pelini, he actually did, minus the bar-room vernacular. He got down to Pelini’s level and heaved a final shot at a man who apparently got under the chancellor’s skin and lived there.

OWH

Link to article on Perlman's address

• Fire 2

Perlman isn’t actually leaving UNL; after a yearlong sabbatical, he will return to the law school on faculty. For his departure as chancellor, though, Perlman revived a popular YouTube series and filmed his final “Perls of Knowledge” with a series of one-liners about all corners of the university community.

Ha ha! I hadn't seen these: PERLS OF WISDOM :lol:

• Fire 3

Not a Fan of Perlman!

Nor am I a Hater of Perlman!

I do believe someone of his stature should have taken the highroad and left it alone!

So Harvey, let me lead by example by saying "Adios Amigo".

200.gif

• Fire 2
Couldn’t Perlman have let Osborne help pick his successor? Or at least be part of the process? It seemed a courteous thing to do, for a man who had done so much, including ride in when Perlman needed a save in 2007. Perlman didn’t need Osborne’s approval, but it would have been the right thing to do.

Agree 100%

Meh....

At this point I don't give two squirts about Perlman and him leaving. I'm just tired of reading about people hating on the guy. I'm just ready for the next guy to get in that they probably will hate too at some point.

Now...as far as his comments. Sure, he could have left it alone...but...again...I really don't care.

What would have been really funny though is if about a week after he was gone, he would have "leaked" a cell phone video of him standing in front of a bunch of stuffed animals at home in an expletive rant about something.

That would have been comical.

• Fire 4