Five Teams With Spring Recruiting Momentum (ESPN)

tOSU already has 2 5*s, 7 4*s, and 3 3*s for a #1 ranking, I think they've got the momentum.

Texas for years always had a top 3 class. They won like one championship in those years. Ranking for recruits means nothing to me. Players develop in different ways.

They had one national championship, they played for another, they had 5 top 10 finishes, 5 11+ win seasons, major bowl wins and conference championships, and they always managed to beat us even with their worst team in decades.

• Fire 1

A tom lemming endorsement of Nebraska recruiting.

Why does that have a foreboding ring to it?

glass.jpg

Its OK. Lemming still doesn't think much about the recruiting ability of the Nebraska staff.

And it's the committed players who are working on other top rated stars 2 commit

We've had a shot of adrenaline to our brand; one which we desperately needed. I'd argue this is a product of the staff embracing social media. This is a medium which all kids we are recruiting heavily use to communicate and keep privy to what other recruits are doing. The staff has been able to foster the #CALIBRASKA and #THEMOVEMENT and kids are taking notice.

Early playing time.

As of now...

We loose 31 seniors after this coming season. And the last three years...we've had 3 straight years of poor recruiting.

Recruits are being offered early playing time... and for good reason.

Poorly by whose standards exactly? I believe on average, we've been close to the top 25 in recruiting. I'd say that isn't poor, just average. Semantics? Sure, but to say we don't have any good players that aren't Jr or Sr, would be a lie.

Early playing time.

As of now...

We loose 31 seniors after this coming season. And the last three years...we've had 3 straight years of poor recruiting.

Recruits are being offered early playing time... and for good reason.

Poorly by whose standards exactly? I believe on average, we've been close to the top 25 in recruiting. I'd say that isn't poor, just average. Semantics? Sure, but to say we don't have any good players that aren't Jr or Sr, would be a lie.
To take it a step further, here is a list of players who are Soph or younger who either have contributed or are very likely to succeed.

QB: POB

RB: Wilbon, Ozigbo

TE: Snyder

WR: Morgan, Grim, DPE (recruited in past 3 years)

OL: This list has about 6 guys on it

DL: Freedom, Neal, Davis, Davis

LB: Young, Barry

DB: Kalu, Williams, Anderson, Jones, Lee

I'm not even including guys not on campus yet.

• Fire 1

I think it has a lot to do with what another poster said, kind of a re-branding...

A few years back Oregon was not "cool" but clearly it is now. They did it with flare and Nike cash and their offense

Auburn got "cool" with their offense

Tennessee got "cool" by selling playing time

Nebraska might be getting "cool" because of our recruits and social media.

CM is about to arrive and tell us how our recruiting sucks because they're not Nebraska kids, don't know how to run the option, etc.

Oh, I see what you have done here. You have fired a preemptive strike, starting some crap and laying it at cm husker's feet before he has even posted. It seems to be the order for the day.

No. The concept of a ranking like that wasn't even really formalized until the 90s.

The '87 class was super highly regarded. Ironically, that following stretch was a real "struggle" for NU on the field.

That's always been my contention about those who claim Pederson was integral in his role as RC. His classes actually underperformed relative to the years around his tenure.

• Fire 1

With four 4* recruits already verbaled to the '17 class and the Rivals rating of 14th(top 10 as per ave * rating), yes, NU recruiting is experiencing a surge of momentum. If this continues and this class finishes with, say, 8-10 4*s and, heaven forbid, a 5*, it is safe to say that Riley and crew have definitely bumped up recruiting @ NU. Hope it continues.