The General Election

His followers are sincere followers. He does these things because they're all he can hold onto.

And they are for real. If you don't think so, look at Europe. Welcome to the world of the alt-right. They'll take their best gander here in the US, and the closer they come to succeeding, the more they'll be emboldened in the long term.

Except Trump is a Democrat, or closer to being a Democrat than a Republican. He's never been a Right-Wing demagogue until this campaign, at which point he became a caricature of that position, spouting off like no other candidate in American history.

Think about that. Not one single candidate has behaved the way he's behaving and won the presidency. Buffoon though he is, he is not so stupid to think that he could recreate the nation's idea of the office of president in one campaign season.

I mean, if we're to believe that Trump has gone from pampered millionaire son to business mogul to playboy to bankrupt to reality show host to KKK-loving right-winger.... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Just think about his last ten years. What says 'right-wing' to you? What says that he truly espouses the words that come out of his mouth? What is it in his history that we can latch onto and say, "Yeah, this guy is legit in these beliefs" ?

Just think about his last ten years. What says 'right-wing' to you? What says that he truly espouses the words that come out of his mouth? What is it in his history that we can latch onto and say, "Yeah, this guy is legit in these beliefs" ?

We should probably ask the millions of Americans who actually believe he's legit, and then not really expect a rational/logical answer. Isn't that zoogs point? That he could be a plant, we could be set up, but it wouldn't matter if most of the country falls for it and he actually gets elected.

His followers are largely baby-boomers who think the internet is a series of tubes and who think that, despite being white middle-class christians with two cars, kids in college and their mortgage paid off, they're somehow being "aggrieved" in Obama's America.

They're as sincere as the children of the people who fought against the Axis Powers can be in support of a guy espousing Fascist isolationism.

None of them believe Trump is "legit." It's idle anger. It's as real as Trump's reality shows.

None of them believe Trump is "legit." It's idle anger. It's as real as Trump's reality shows.

I agree with everything except this. I know more than a handful of people who are genuinely behind Trump, and even more who are voting for him because they think Hillary is the worse of two evils, and it's absolutely horrifying.

• Fire 1

This election is so intriguing in that all 4 candidates running are dependent on each other for their own success. Think about this:

1. Hillary would have no chance of winning the White House if she faced nearly any other GOP candidate running this year other than Trump. It's because the GOP was dumb enough to nominate Trump that Hillary has a slight lead in the polls currently.

2. Trump would have no chance of winning against nearly any sane Democrat, but because it's against Hillary, he's in a statistical dead heat with her.

3. Johnson and Stein would not be increasing their 3rd party percentages if the primary 2 candidates were not so bad.

Essentially, all candidates are benefiting from the others weaknesses on a personal level.

• Fire 1

This election is so intriguing in that all 4 candidates running are dependent on each other for their own success. Think about this:

1. Hillary would have no chance of winning the White House if she faced nearly any other GOP candidate running this year other than Trump. It's because the GOP was dumb enough to nominate Trump that Hillary has a slight lead in the polls currently.

2. Trump would have no chance of winning against nearly any sane Democrat, but because it's against Hillary, he's in a statistical dead heat with her.

3. Johnson and Stein would not be increasing their 3rd party percentages if the primary 2 candidates were not so bad.

Essentially, all candidates are benefiting from the others weaknesses on a personal level.

I can't remember who said it, but there was a quote something along the lines of "Trump and Hillary are both running against the only person on Earth whom they are capable of beating"

I can't remember who said it, but there was a quote something along the lines of "Trump and Hillary are both running against the only person on Earth whom they are capable of beating"

That was from the Daily Show. I quoted that comment earlier in this thread.

bvqO6nB.jpg

• Fire 1

Trump Says He's 'Afraid' Election Is 'About to Be Rigged'

Donald Trump on Monday said he's "afraid" the November election "is about to be rigged," stoking mistrust of the system that he has fostered among his supporters.

The GOP nominee consistently complained of a system "rigged" against him as an "outsider" during the primaries. Now, with less than 100 days until the general election, Trump is again expressing doubts about the legitimacy of the process.

"I'm afraid the election's gonna be rigged. I have to be honest," Trump said.

That was from the Daily Show. I quoted that comment earlier in this thread.

bvqO6nB.jpg

"Earlier in this thread"???

That's like telling me I should know what Owa Odighizuwa's favorite color was because it was mentioned in post #47 of his recruiting thread....:)

• Fire 1

Trump Says He's 'Afraid' Election Is 'About to Be Rigged'

Donald Trump on Monday said he's "afraid" the November election "is about to be rigged," stoking mistrust of the system that he has fostered among his supporters.

The GOP nominee consistently complained of a system "rigged" against him as an "outsider" during the primaries. Now, with less than 100 days until the general election, Trump is again expressing doubts about the legitimacy of the process.

"I'm afraid the election's gonna be rigged. I have to be honest," Trump said.

Very good, we now know what Trump will be spouting once he loses.