The General Election

I believe we may actually be watching a campaign starting to implode...

The Latest: Trump aide blames Obama in 2004 soldier's death

A spokeswoman for Donald Trump has blamed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for the 2004 killing of U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan in Iraq — even though the death occurred more than four years before Obama became president.

I heard her this morning on CNN. I actually sort of started feeling sorry for her that she has to get up on TV and some how come up with something to say to make Trump look better and her words just showed that it's impossible to do.

Then, I realized......naaa....it's her choice to work for the idiot.

Even his aides have no clue what they are talking about.

• Fire 1

I'm wondering if the RNC has any legal recourse to 'take back' the nomination proving him to be unfit. Yes, they may loose Trumps staunchest supporters who are too blind to see this melt down, but a good candidate picked by a cross section of the party should still beat someone like Hillary. That or they encourage everyone to look at Johnson and call him a 'unity' candidate - Libatarians and Repubs (since the Reps could claim him as a republican governor.) Yea, that won't happen but one could only wish.

But Comella -- like longtime Jeb Bush adviser Sally Bradshaw, who told CNN on Monday that she's left the GOP over Trump's nomination -- said party members can't stay silent amid Trump's inflammatory rhetoric.

"As someone who has worked to further the Republican Party's principles for the last 15 years I believe that we are at a moment where silence isn't an option. We are here today in part because as a party in the past we have remained silent when things have made us uncomfortable. Instead of speaking out against instances of bigotry, racism and inflammatory rhetoric whether it's been against women, immigrants or Muslims, we made a calculus that it was better to say nothing at all in the interest of politics and winning elections.
For me, if our party has a future, we have to change that trajectory and lead by example.
"We have to stop thinking that winning at any cost is more important than governing principles. It should be the job of the Republican Party's nominee to set a tone worthy of being the leader of the free world and not give into our worst instincts. I don't care if it's good politics or not."

This is incredibly refreshing to have heard spoken by a Republican leader. So many conservatives constantly over this idea of mainstream media bias, and I call bologne. The media is biased, sure - but it isn't biased towards liberal ideology or towards the Democratic party. The media is biased towards sensationalism and absurdity, and frankly, over the last decade, the Republican party has provided that leaps and bounds more than the Democratic one has.

Donald Trump is what the GOP and Fox News have rightfully sown for their rhetoric and approach to politics over the last 1-2 presidential cycles. They created this monster, and he won't be the last of his kind to usurp and "hijack" their party if they don't wake the hell up and realize they are culpable in this situation, and it's not happening to them as much as it's happening because of them.

Oh...I have said before that this is the bed that the Republicans and Fox News has made....now lay in it.

They have fed the public such absolute BS for so long that there are millions of people out here that really just don't have a good grasp of reality and they really have no idea how to listen to another point of view.

I'm happy to say that as of today I am not scared anymore.

I feel like the last 4-5 days we've turned a corner with people's eyes starting to open about the deficiencies of Trump and the risk we face if he gains power of this country.

Yes, as of today I am actually anxious to tune in, to read the paper and see what crazy thing he's done since I went to bed and how off the rails he has gone on twitter, to see who from his party has publicly come out against him.

So, let's think of the potential situation we have here.

Let's say they are successful in being able to talk to him, get him to rein in the outrageous idiocy we have seen in the last 48 hours and he actually moves his campaign forward and (God Help us) actually wins.

What we have seen is the real Donald Trump. We know how his mind works when it is not under control and we have seen how easy it is to bait him into getting out of control. We have witnessed his attitude towards dealing with issues when his ego is so big he thinks he can do no wrong.

THAT.....is what will be sitting in the Oval Office.

NM.......I'm still very very concerned.

• Fire 1

So, let's think of the potential situation we have here.

Let's say they are successful in being able to talk to him, get him to rein in the outrageous idiocy we have seen in the last 48 hours and he actually moves his campaign forward and (God Help us) actually wins.

What we have seen is the real Donald Trump. We know how his mind works when it is not under control and we have seen how easy it is to bait him into getting out of control. We have witnessed his attitude towards dealing with issues when his ego is so big he thinks he can do no wrong.

THAT.....is what will be sitting in the Oval Office.

NM.......I'm still very very concerned.

I hear ya - I'm just so grateful that it's gotten bad enough that others seem to be noticing. This has been happening for a long, long time - finally it's getting appropriate press and some ramifications.

I'm happy to say that as of today I am not scared anymore.

I feel like the last 4-5 days we've turned a corner with people's eyes starting to open about the deficiencies of Trump and the risk we face if he gains power of this country.

Yes, as of today I am actually anxious to tune in, to read the paper and see what crazy thing he's done since I went to bed and how off the rails he has gone on twitter, to see who from his party has publicly come out against him.

The only real chance Trump ever had in this election was if Bernie went rogue and ran independent. Trump has long been destined to end up on the wrong side of a landslide in November because he was never going to capture any significant support outside of those who voted for him in the primary.

I too enjoy tuning in to see the crazy sh#t he has done everyday, but at the same time it is downright appalling that so many people actually support the guy. Seeing various people I know come out and publicly support the guy has definitely made me think less of them.

• Fire 1

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-drop-out-options/2016/08/03/id/741897/

This is probably a wild speculation article but we can only hope this will happen - Trump dropping out. If so, who should the RNC replace Trump with? It won't be Cruz - he shot himself at the convention. Most likely Mitt or Kasich would be my guess.

To add to the newsmax article above is this one which describes the process in case Trump dropped out. The article concludes that Paul Ryan would be the best candidate to fill the vacant spot if one were to occur.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/happens-trump-decides-quit-205000640.html

A spokeswoman for Donald Trump has blamed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for the 2004 killing of U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan in Iraq — even though the death occurred more than four years before Obama became president.

I heard her this morning on CNN. I actually sort of started feeling sorry for her that she has to get up on TV and some how come up with something to say to make Trump look better and her words just showed that it's impossible to do.

Don't feel sorry for her:

Don't feel sorry for her:

:facepalm: