The General Election

What constitutes being an 'actual economist'? I looked up one name on the list, Peter Navarro, and he holds a PhD in Economics :dunno

I'm not sure what his criteria were. I laughed more at the Steve comment.

That was extremely well-written.

These are the hazards of being not well-prepared. No matter how strong your popular appeal is or isn't, when it comes down to it, the work demands competency.

Some of these other never politicians (such as Ben Carson) are not dumb people in their own areas of expertise; I'm sure you don't become a neurosurgeon by accident. But without any background in the field, I don't think they're able -- or even care to --figure out what's appropriate or necessary, and what isn't. And as they've shown, it's a little late in the game to start learning.

Would this be illegal under the Federal anti-nepotism statute, 5 U.S. Code 311?

Note sure when the statute was written but Bobbie worked for Jack (Kennedy) as attorney general, Hillary worked for Bill (health care etc) She looks good in a red dress (NU RED) so I say add her to the team!
I think it was written after (because of) the Kennedy appointment. Hillary was on a task force, if I remember correctly, not a cabinet position. But I don't know if that is a distinction without a difference.

Trump has had a horrible week and screwed up big time. And it's unfortunate as he has so much material to work with, whether its the anemic GPD growth that came out recently, Hillary continuing to lie about lying, or the ransom our lovely President paid for hostages. In watching his rally tonight, it appears he realizes he needs to get his act together and solidify the GOP base to have any chance of beating Hillary.

http://assets.amuniversal.com/3fd4c9b03d4b01349be9005056a9545d

The only thing I wondered glancing at Trump's rally on CNN tonight (I had it muted) was that his handlers had apparently talked some sense into him. Luckily for everyone, the effect is probably transient, so we'll wait for the next wacky go around.

It is nice having you on here, though, bnil, for a view of the race through the Fox News lens.

It looks like Trump has passed the baton to Hillary in terms of self-inflicted wounds. Today, in her first press conference IN 245 DAYS, she completely lied again to the public about her email woes. Just as she lied to Chris Wallace last weekend. There is a reason Hillary does not do much press as every time she does, she screws up.

https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news/politics/2016/08/05/hillary-clinton-didnt-lie-emails-short-circuited-repeats-lie/

Even Jake Tapper from the Clinton News Network pointed out that Hillary continues to lie about lying.

If you've ever set up a recurring donation through Trump's site and now have regrets about it -- surprise, there's no mechanism provided to cancel.

You can always take it up with your CC company, I suppose. A better lesson might be to avoid dealings with an operator like this in the future.

All of this isn't screwing up so much as who Trump is. It's hard to plaster up what everyone should know already to be true.