The General Election

knapplc I've seen you say a couple times that Trump is basically trying to lose the election/will drop out to basically hand it over to Clinton. Were you saying that as just a joke or do you really believe that? I ask because admittedly I didn't believe you at first but like you once said (paraphrasing) 'nobody has ever done/said the things Trump has and won the election', and then you throw in stuff like this. I can't help but feel like that's whats going on. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the matter if this is indeed what is happening.

I genuinely believe Donald Trump has no interest in the presidency, and he will tank this election when he well and truly gets bored. He'll show Trumpish "proof" that it's rigged or that he never really wanted it in the first place, and walk away the winner in his mind.

• Fire 2

knapplc I've seen you say a couple times that Trump is basically trying to lose the election/will drop out to basically hand it over to Clinton. Were you saying that as just a joke or do you really believe that? I ask because admittedly I didn't believe you at first but like you once said (paraphrasing) 'nobody has ever done/said the things Trump has and won the election', and then you throw in stuff like this. I can't help but feel like that's whats going on. I'm curious what your thoughts are on the matter if this is indeed what is happening.

I genuinely believe Donald Trump has no interest in the presidency, and he will tank this election when he well and truly gets bored. He'll show Trumpish "proof" that it's rigged or that he never really wanted it in the first place, and walk away the winner in his mind.

There's anecdotal evidence out there supporting this. Now, it's just one lady saying this, but I've heard this story floated by several people:

Ex-Trump insider: Donald doesn't want to be President

In an open letter to voters supporting Donald Trump in the Republican presidential primary, the former communications director of Trump’s now-defunct Super PAC said that the former reality television star not only never expected to be the Republican nominee, much less president, but never even wanted to be.

Writing for the website xojane.com, Stephanie Cegielski said that when she was brought aboard as communications director for the Make America Great Again PAC last summer, the instructions from Trump Tower were to make sure that Trump finished a respectable second in the GOP primary. It was made clear that Trump was running not as a serious contender, but as a “protest” candidate.

“I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far,” she wrote. “And I don’t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.

“He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver's seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness.”

This explains his overwhelming DGAF attitude in front of the entire nation. IMO, extremely similar to the circumstances with Bernie, but Trump won.

Remember when Trump said, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters"?

Horrific huh? Just thought it was time to revisit that comment, as it's been awhile and it didn't get the reaction it should have at the time.

DJT is addicted to winning.

As long as an activity is self-aggrandizing, he'll pursue it.

I think his relative disinterest (by comparison) in the nitty gritty of serving in office fits well with the allegations that he offered Kasich the charge of "domestic and foreign policy".

I think his relative disinterest (by comparison) in the nitty gritty of serving in office fits well with the allegations that he offered Kasich the charge of "domestic and foreign policy".

Mike Pence running the country gives me the heebie jeebies.

Say what...of Trump, Hillary, Kaine, and Pence, Pence is the most likable and presidential candidate of the group. Both VPs are better than the tops of the tickets, but Kaine is all squirrly and goofy like a teen who just felt up his girlfriend for the first time.

Say what...of Trump, Hillary, Kaine, and Pence, Pence is the most likable and presidential candidate of the group. Both VPs are better than the tops of the tickets, but Kaine is all squirrly and goofy like a teen who just felt up his girlfriend for the first time.

Which probably has no correlation with how fit he is to be president.

Not sure what to make of this story, but Trump has spent $0 in advertising thus far. Even Johnson and Stein have spent more, and of course the candidate of big donors Hillary has spent far more. I personally think it's a strategic mistake by the Trump campaign as they need to frame/define this election NOW and then follow through in September in October with that message.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Why spend millions on advertising when he really doesn't even want to win. When you are doing everything you can to lose the election, why go spend dollars trying to convince people to vote for you?

How does campaign funding work, anyhow? I mean I know Trump can't go spend it on a new yacht. But if he doesn't spend it, where does it go? Back to the GOP pool? Toward, God forbid, his future campaigns?

• Fire 1

Not sure what to make of this story, but Trump has spent $0 in advertising thus far. Even Johnson and Stein have spent more, and of course the candidate of big donors Hillary has spent far more. I personally think it's a strategic mistake by the Trump campaign as they need to frame/define this election NOW and then follow through in September in October with that message.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290834-analysis-trump-campaign-has-spent-0-on-television

Why spend millions on advertising when he really doesn't even want to win. When you are doing everything you can to lose the election, why go spend dollars trying to convince people to vote for you?

How does campaign funding work, anyhow? I mean I know Trump can't go spend it on a new yacht. But if he doesn't spend it, where does it go? Back to the GOP pool? Toward, God forbid, his future campaigns?

I don't know about ALL of it, but my understanding is he can use some of it to reimburse himself for the money he "loaned" his campaign.

edit: Never mind. Trump forgave campaign loans in June

I don't know about ALL of it, but my understanding is he can use some of it to reimburse himself for the money he "loaned" his campaign.

So basically he could buy a fleet of 50 Trump buses and say he needed them for the campaign and then keep them and start a trucking company. Or something. Or he could buy a plane now. That's what he should do. For now he can fly banners behind it that make fun of Hillary and then afterwards just use it as his private plane.

So basically he could buy a fleet of 50 Trump buses and say he needed them for the campaign and then keep them and start a trucking company. Or something. Or he could buy a plane now. That's what he should do. For now he can fly banners behind it that make fun of Hillary and then afterwards just use it as his private plane.

I'm not sure what the rules are on "keeping" things though. I read an article a couple of months ago, I'll try to find it. But the gist was that Trump was using his venues and charging the campaign rent. His fuel expenses for his plane. He was catering from his restaurants for dinners. Things like that. The article insinuated that his goal was to possibly run up a giant tab at his businesses that the campaign would pay for.

edit: Never mind, in looking for the article it looks like Trump forgave his campaign loans at the end of June....