The General Election

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lose-back-very-good-000000734.html

Does this sound like a 'winner' or someone who is passionate about winning :dunno . He makes this all about himself but what this self centered egomaniac doesn't realize is that the hopes of millions are resting on his efforts to beat Hillary. That he can just shake off

the presidency as though it was just a game he tried and he can go on wt life regardless.

Some unbelievable quotes from the article:

Donald Trump says if he loses the presidential election to Hillary Clinton, he’d be fine with it because he’s got a lot of money and he’s the one telling the truth.

“I’m a truth teller,” the Republican nominee told CNBC on Thursday. “All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days I fall short because I’m somewhat politically [incorrect] even though I’m supposed to be the smart one and even though I’m supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it’s OK. You know, I go back to a very good way of life.”

“It’s not what I’m looking to do,” Trump continued. “I think we’re going to have a victory, but we’ll see.”

But asked about his flailing poll numbers Thursday, he shifted from fear to acceptance.

“At the end, it’s either going to work or I’m going to have a very, very nice long vacation,” he said.

That's pretty much an unfiltered look at Trump's worldview right there. That is the bubble he lives in.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

Rasmussen poll surprisingly has only a 3 point lead by Hillary of likely voters. Of course the devil is in the details and what really matters are the #s in the battle ground states.

Rasmussen is historically biased to the conservative candidate, so Hillary having a 3 point lead is a pretty big statement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lose-back-very-good-000000734.html

Does this sound like a 'winner' or someone who is passionate about winning :dunno . He makes this all about himself but what this self centered egomaniac doesn't realize is that the hopes of millions are resting on his efforts to beat Hillary. That he can just shake off

the presidency as though it was just a game he tried and he can go on wt life regardless.

Some unbelievable quotes from the article:

Donald Trump says if he loses the presidential election to Hillary Clinton, he’d be fine with it because he’s got a lot of money and he’s the one telling the truth.

“I’m a truth teller,” the Republican nominee told CNBC on Thursday. “All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days I fall short because I’m somewhat politically [incorrect] even though I’m supposed to be the smart one and even though I’m supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it’s OK. You know, I go back to a very good way of life.”

“It’s not what I’m looking to do,” Trump continued. “I think we’re going to have a victory, but we’ll see.”

But asked about his flailing poll numbers Thursday, he shifted from fear to acceptance.

“At the end, it’s either going to work or I’m going to have a very, very nice long vacation,” he said.

That's pretty much an unfiltered look at Trump's worldview right there. That is the bubble he lives in.

The saddest part of his bubble is that he thinks he really is telling the truth (when he says he saw muslims in NJ celebrating 9/11, when he got a letter from the NFL, when he says Obama wasn't really born in the US and the list goes on). To me that's the most dangerous part. He's only going to get older and crazier - god forbid he's continued to be given a platform nationally to share it.

Not to derail the Trump discussion, as entertaining as it is, but for all the criticisms of Clinton (and Obama), this is one that's actually legitimate. I wish she wasn't so press averse.

Sidelining the Free Press

Amid the campaign-season fetishizing of the American people and American values, it's troubling that this important American rite is falling by the wayside. As Americans, we question and challenge our leaders, and the press has a central role to play.

"Keep holding us accountable," Clinton urged, without a trace of irony.

Members of Clinton's traveling press corps took to Twitter on Friday to gripe that a few, pre-selected questions came up short of a press conference, and they are right. And it's worse than that: Avoiding accountability is a disservice to democracy and a dispiriting harbinger of what is to come.

Obama has been somewhat avoidant of the press conferences, as well. He certainly has a bit more charisma than Clinton in that setting. I do lament that she's grown so wary of the press over so many years that now she operates more covertly and less transparently than we should aspire to from our elected officials, though.

At least, she's not blacklisting major media organizations and threatening to wield libel laws as a weapon, I suppose. Sigh.

There are a LOT of valid criticisms of Hillary Clinton. Her aversion to the press is probably not one of them.

Frankly, I don't need a president in front of the microphone all the time. If there isn't something the federal government NEEDS me to know immediately, they should basically leave me alone.

Small government people should be applauding Clinton & Obama for staying away from the press.

• Fire 1
Donors for Bush, Kasich and Christie Are Turning to Clinton More Than to Trump

In a typical election year, donors whose candidates have dropped out of the race funnel additional contributions to another candidate in the same party.

But this presidential election is different. Of the donors who gave at least $200 to Jeb Bush, Gov. John Kasich, Gov. Chris Christie or Senator Lindsey Graham in the Republican primaries, more of them have also contributed to Mrs. Clinton than to Mr. Trump, according to Federal Election Commission filings through June.

People who give to multiple candidates are a small percentage of Republican donors. Of the donors to Mr. Bush who also gave to one of the current nominees, 303 — more than 2 percent of the total — gave to Mrs. Clinton. Less than 1 percent of them gave money to Mr. Trump, the filings showed.

• Fire 2

Trump isn't the scary thing in this election anymore. He's just a buffoon.

The scary thing is that, no matter how hard he tries to shake his adherents, they stay loyal. It's those people America has to be concerned with moving forward.

That's what I've been concerned with since took the lead during the primaries... the celebration of stupidity. It's got electrolytes!

Haha +1. Good movie!

They're not going away. Trumpism isn't just going to slink back into the shadows after November. What becomes of his ragtag coalition after the polls close? What is their endgame? What is the future of the GOP?

Lots of questions about the long term effects of this election.

I see two possible eventualities; 1- Most likely, sensible conservatives (like myself) will abandon the GOP and either form their own new party or probably just become part of an ever growing independent right/middle. Or 2- The whack job ridiculous far right will break from the GOP because they won't be able to get any further traction in that group with their insanity. Since it seems as if they currently are making headway in reshaping the GOP, it will probably be option number one.

This whole Trump deal has gotten absolutely absurd. If you still think he is any kind of answer or a viable candidate for POTUS, you should seriously considering having an elective lobotomy. The guy is a complete toolbag that doesn't know jack sh#t about anything. If you think he is some kind of secret genius, check yourself into a rubber room. I am absolutely convinced he does not want the job and his followers are too stupid to figure it out. When it is finally proven that the endgame all along was to help Hillary get elected, they both should be executed for treason for gaming our electoral system. But, as knapp pointed out, the much bigger concern are his cranial impaired minions. WTF people.....wakeup and realize what you are doing.

And to reiterate, I am no Democrat or liberal, not even close, and I would never vote for Hillary but Trump is simply not even close to an option. Everybody always brags about how the founding fathers had all their ducks in a row for things they could not have anticipated. Well here's your proof that they weren't infallible. There should've be an anti-Trump contingency that would've prevented him getting anywhere near this close. It just cannot be allowed to happen.

• Fire 2

The scary thing is that, no matter how hard he tries to shake his adherents, they stay loyal. It's those people America has to be concerned with moving forward.

That's what I've been concerned with since took the lead during the primaries... the celebration of stupidity. It's got electrolytes!

Haha +1. Good movie!

They're not going away. Trumpism isn't just going to slink back into the shadows after November. What becomes of his ragtag coalition after the polls close? What is their endgame? What is the future of the GOP?

I see two possible eventualities; 1- Most likely, sensible conservatives (like myself) will abandon the GOP and either form their own new party or probably just become part of an ever growing independent right/middle. Or 2- The whack job ridiculous far right will break from the GOP because they won't be able to get any further traction in that group with their insanity. Since it seems as if they currently are making headway in reshaping the GOP, it will probably be option number one.

This whole Trump deal has gotten absolutely absurd. If you still think he is any kind of answer or a viable candidate for POTUS, you should seriously considering having an elective lobotomy. The guy is a complete toolbag that doesn't know jack sh#t about anything. If you think he is some kind of secret genius, check yourself into a rubber room. I am absolutely convinced he does not want the job and his followers are too stupid to figure it out. When it is finally proven that the endgame all along was to help Hillary get elected, they both should be executed for treason for gaming our electoral system. But, as knapp pointed out, the much bigger concern are his cranial impaired minions. WTF people.....wakeup and realize what you are doing.

And to reiterate, I am no Democrat or liberal, not even close, and I would never vote for Hillary but Trump is simply not even close to an option. Everybody always brags about how the founding fathers had all their ducks in a row for things they could not have anticipated. Well here's your proof that they weren't infallible. There should've be an anti-Trump contingency that would've prevented him getting anywhere near this close. It just cannot be allowed to happen.

Good post. I agree the founding fathers weren't infallible-- we have to remember that they only wanted well off white men (like them) to be able to vote in the first place. Obviously our system has room for improvement if a candidate like Trump can be a vote away from leading our country.

I would hesitate to lump Trumpists in with the far right and instead propose that they're their own unique faction. They're equal parts protectionist, nativist, nationalist, isolationist, populist, and yes, racist. But that's unique from the far right, since they're friendlier to free trade and have a much stronger religious component. Plus, the far right vote on values and principles. A huge part of Trump's appeal is honestly that he's a celebrity. It's sad, but I guarantee you that got him a sizeable vote.

I'm no fan of the far right, and I agree that it seems like the "constitutional conservatives" and Tea Partiers have a lot of leash at the moment. Someone like Ted Cruz really believes that a far right option in the vein of Reagan would win in a landslide. But to someone on the left, the more the Tea Party shapes things, the less appealing the ticket becomes to the general public. For the long term health of the party, Trumpists definitely need to be ousted. They destroy the big tent possibility. But I would hope your centrist wing of the party (the one that most appeals to someone like me) fills the power vacuum. Hopefully that leaves the Tea Party out in the wilderness, and they have to decide which wing to side with... with less of a leading role.

• Fire 1

It's bizarre. I don't know what else to say about it. In this CNN interview, Trump is given the opportunity to clarify, and he won't back down from this particular ridiculous statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

Today Trump is claiming that these comments were sarcasm. WTF

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/trump-suggests-isis-founder-attack-was-sarcasm-n628956

It's bizarre. I don't know what else to say about it. In this CNN interview, Trump is given the opportunity to clarify, and he won't back down from this particular ridiculous statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/trump-suggests-isis-founder-attack-was-sarcasm-n628956

Seems to me, at a certain point when you're running for President when you figure out that none of the news stations, newspapers or american citizens can understand your version of "sarcasm" you probably should stop speaking sarcastically.

Trump objected.

Seems to me, at a certain point when you're running for President when you figure out that none of the news stations, newspapers or american citizens can understand your version of "sarcasm" you probably should stop speaking sarcastically.

Let's not give him too much credit. Trump didn't figure this out. His handlers forced a muzzle on him. Temporarily.

Haha +1. Good movie!

Good post. I agree the founding fathers weren't infallible-- we have to remember that they only wanted well off white men (like them) to be able to vote in the first place. Obviously our system has room for improvement if a candidate like Trump can be a vote away from leading our country.

I would hesitate to lump Trumpists in with the far right and instead propose that they're their own unique faction. They're equal parts protectionist, nativist, nationalist, isolationist, populist, and yes, racist. But that's unique from the far right, since they're friendlier to free trade and have a much stronger religious component. Plus, the far right vote on values and principles. A huge part of Trump's appeal is honestly that he's a celebrity. It's sad, but I guarantee you that got him a sizeable vote.

I'm no fan of the far right, and I agree that it seems like the "constitutional conservatives" and Tea Partiers have a lot of leash at the moment. Someone like Ted Cruz really believes that a far right option in the vein of Reagan would win in a landslide. But to someone on the left, the more the Tea Party shapes things, the less appealing the ticket becomes to the general public. For the long term health of the party, Trumpists definitely need to be ousted. They destroy the big tent possibility. But I would hope your centrist wing of the party (the one that most appeals to someone like me) fills the power vacuum. Hopefully that leaves the Tea Party out in the wilderness, and they have to decide which wing to side with... with less of a leading role.

You're right, using far right was not the correct description. Most of them are on some tangent, in another dimension, askew to the far right. Unfortunately, I think plenty of them may be otherwise reasonable people who simply feel they have no other option addressing their concerns. I can appreciate thinking that Hillary or Obama or much of the liberal left is not much of an option either. But damn.....Trump certainly is no answer for anything unless the question is; What's that guy's name that said that stupid sh#t earlier today or yesterday?