The General Election

U.S. Rep. Richard Hanna, a three-term Republican, said Tuesday he will vote for Hillary Clinton for president because Donald Trump is "unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country."

Courageous man - hoping this first step gives others the same confidence to speak out loud about this election. It's going to be an election of decency according to an article I read yesterday ... similar to the 1968 McCarthy campaign.

Hillary DNC bump in full effect now. Looking at the 538 now-cast chance to win the presidency (not vote %) last Wednesday, Trump had a 55% chance of winning. Today, Clinton has a 64% chance of winning, and I'm guessing it will continue to climb as more post-DNC polls come out. And I don't see Trump's verbal sparring with the Khan's helping him much either.

Bounce keeps going up. On the 538 now-cast this morning, Clinton is up to 83.5% chance.

538 polls only forecast has her at a 66% chance, and polls plus has her at 69%.

She's almost back to pre-email decision levels from mid July.

U.S. Rep. Richard Hanna, a three-term Republican, said Tuesday he will vote for Hillary Clinton for president because Donald Trump is "unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country."

When do we get the Trump tweet calling him a "loser"? Before 10am?

I think somebody is monitoring his tweets today ... he's been behaving more than usual. It will happen though.

He did acknowledge that some bigot politician from Wisconsin running against Ryan gave him some kind words. After reading about the guy he's about as polished and reputable as Putin and some of the others Trump likes.

I loved watching him spiral out of control about CNN last night. He loses his mind!

I think somebody is monitoring his tweets today ... he's been behaving more than usual. It will happen though.

He did acknowledge that some bigot politician from Wisconsin running against Ryan gave him some kind words. After reading about the guy he's about as polished and reputable as Putin and some of the others Trump likes.

I loved watching him spiral out of control about CNN last night. He loses his mind!

Yeah...his tweets this morning are noticeably different than last night. Last night was like he was pissed off at the world because of CNN and he downed a bottle of Crown and couldn't stop drunk tweeting.

• Fire 2

Yeah...his tweets this morning are noticeably different than last night. Last night was like he was pissed off at the world because of CNN and he downed a bottle of Crown and couldn't stop drunk tweeting.

You can tell the difference when there is some staffer tweeting and when it is Trump. I wonder if he gets "time outs" where they take his phone away from him.

• Fire 1

Article is from four months ago:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/videos/a43896/finally-the-mystery-of-who-tweets-trumps-tweets-has-been-solved/

COOPER: Do you actually sit there and type or do you say something and somebody else types it?

D. TRUMP: During the day, I'm in the office, I just shout it out to one of the young ladies who are tremendous. I have tremendous office staff. And Meredith and some of the people that work for me. And I'll just shout it out, and they'll do it. But during the evenings, after 7 o'clock or so, I will always do it by myself.

• Fire 1

Except Trump is a Democrat, or closer to being a Democrat than a Republican. He's never been a Right-Wing demagogue until this campaign, at which point he became a caricature of that position, spouting off like no other candidate in American history.

Think about that. Not one single candidate has behaved the way he's behaving and won the presidency. Buffoon though he is, he is not so stupid to think that he could recreate the nation's idea of the office of president in one campaign season.

I mean, if we're to believe that Trump has gone from pampered millionaire son to business mogul to playboy to bankrupt to reality show host to KKK-loving right-winger.... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Just think about his last ten years. What says 'right-wing' to you? What says that he truly espouses the words that come out of his mouth? What is it in his history that we can latch onto and say, "Yeah, this guy is legit in these beliefs" ?

You may want to brush up on your history of the KKK before you paint an entire political party with a broad brush.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/the_secret_racist_history_of_the_democratic_party.html

Except Trump is a Democrat, or closer to being a Democrat than a Republican. He's never been a Right-Wing demagogue until this campaign, at which point he became a caricature of that position, spouting off like no other candidate in American history.

Think about that. Not one single candidate has behaved the way he's behaving and won the presidency. Buffoon though he is, he is not so stupid to think that he could recreate the nation's idea of the office of president in one campaign season.

I mean, if we're to believe that Trump has gone from pampered millionaire son to business mogul to playboy to bankrupt to reality show host to KKK-loving right-winger.... I've got a bridge to sell you.

Just think about his last ten years. What says 'right-wing' to you? What says that he truly espouses the words that come out of his mouth? What is it in his history that we can latch onto and say, "Yeah, this guy is legit in these beliefs" ?

You may want to brush up on your history of the KKK before you paint an entire political party with a broad brush.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/the_secret_racist_history_of_the_democratic_party.html

Reading - it's fundamental.

I didn't say anything about "an entire political party." I said Trump is "KKK-loving." Emboldened and embiggened for easier reading comprehension.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/trump-declines-to-condemn-ku-klux-klan-219927

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ex-kkk-leader-david-duke-hopes-donald-trump-article-1.2732089

• Fire 1

Is Clinton’s Lead A Bounce Or A New Equilibrium?

There are some hints that Clinton’s post-convention lead over Trump will eventually settle in at about 7 percentage points, give or take a couple points. The biggest tip-off is that both the national polls and the state polls we’ve seen so far look similar to the ones we were seeing in June, when Clinton maintained a lead over Trump of about 7 points after wrapping up the Democratic nomination. Since Clinton and Trump were roughly tied after the GOP convention, a 7-point lead for Clinton would mean she’d gotten about a 7-point bounce, double the size of Trump’s.