The General Election

It's over, y'all. I've tried for so long to convince people Clinton was the reasonable choice, if an imperfect one. But with this representing perhaps the last bastion to fall, I doubt there's any hope left for the Republic. Perhaps representing the last bastion of humanity we have last, I cannot believe they'd flip sides. With this, Trump would seize all momentum, and hold onto it well past election day as he roared over the finish line with enthusiasm to spare. Too many people would simply be enticed by this endorsement for Clinton to continue to run a campaign with any credible chance at winning.

This will be remembered as a very dark day in US history, if we even survive the fallout... mark my words.

It's over, y'all. I've tried for so long to convince people Clinton was the reasonable choice, if an imperfect one. But with this representing perhaps the last bastion to fall, I doubt there's any hope left for the Republic. Perhaps representing the last bastion of humanity we have last, I cannot believe they'd flip sides. With this, Trump would seize all momentum, and hold onto it well past election day as he roared over the finish line with enthusiasm to spare. Too many people would simply be enticed by this endorsement for Clinton to continue to run a campaign with any credible chance at winning.

This will be remembered as a very dark day in US history, if we even survive the fallout... mark my words.

Does anyone here think Kim or Kanye actually vote? I find it highly unlikely.

I really seriously hope he is not doing any debate prep. He will look that much dumber.

However, I wouldn't put it past him that he's lying about this too since he lies about everything else.

There is a big part of me that he KNOWs he is going to look idiotic on stage with Hillary. There is no way he is going to be able to get the vast amount of knowledge on the issues before the debate that she has. So....he has two stories pouring out of his camp.

a) He's not doing any debate prep.

and....

b) The debate is going to be rigged against him and he is going to be treated unfairly.

What a total load of crap. Sad thing is, people will believe it and rally behind him when he looks like a complete clueless jerk. In reality, he's just a complete fraud.

Give me a break BRB...you act as though this pre-debate spin is one-sided. Both sides are spinning in advance of the debate. That's just how these things work. Hillary has made a bit of an unforced error in painting Trump as unfit and incapable of being President, as if he comes in and looks the part and doesn't lose it, he will have eroded whatever narrative she has tried to paint.

Does anyone here think Kim or Kanye actually vote? I find it highly unlikely.

Well Kim indicated she normally votes Democrat, but the fact that she is thinking of supporting Trump is another sign Hillary is struggling with millennials.

Trump's credo at this point is not spending his own money because he can spend others' or use it to reimburse himself.

As far as this stop and frisk business goes, it's an idiotic stance if he's trying to court African American voters. It's racist, and they know it's racist. But it doesn't matter, because he's not trying to court African American voters.

This is a very important distinction to make:

Trump is not reaching out to African Americans in good faith and trying to earn their vote. What he's trying to do is convince enough white voters in places like suburban Philly and Cleveland and Orlando that he's not racist so they feel comfortable enough to pull the lever for him.

He's trying to offset his massive deficit in communities of color by making it up with white people who don't currently like him.

Wow...a surprising thing for you to say given you support Democrats who have simply viewed African Americans as a vote and then done nothing to better their lives. Seriously, many blacks are speaking out now about the fact that Black lives are worse under Obama. Hillary only cares about blacks when it's time to get their vote.

Is that a video of Hillary trying to be funny? She is not funny. She should not try to be funny.

That's just it. She wasn't trying to be funny. She was trying to show passion about getting blue collar workers back on her side, and thought that shouting at them would help. She's is about as bad at connecting to voters as John McCain was.

I really seriously hope he is not doing any debate prep. He will look that much dumber.

However, I wouldn't put it past him that he's lying about this too since he lies about everything else.

There is a big part of me that he KNOWs he is going to look idiotic on stage with Hillary. There is no way he is going to be able to get the vast amount of knowledge on the issues before the debate that she has. So....he has two stories pouring out of his camp.

a) He's not doing any debate prep.

and....

b) The debate is going to be rigged against him and he is going to be treated unfairly.

What a total load of crap. Sad thing is, people will believe it and rally behind him when he looks like a complete clueless jerk. In reality, he's just a complete fraud.

Give me a break BRB...you act as though this pre-debate spin is one-sided. Both sides are spinning in advance of the debate. That's just how these things work. Hillary has made a bit of an unforced error in painting Trump as unfit and incapable of being President, as if he comes in and looks the part and doesn't lose it, he will have eroded whatever narrative she has tried to paint.

Are you at all familiar with Trump? He has no hope of looking intelligent during any sort of moderated debate and his only option will be to spew hatred and act like a child. Hillary has painted him as being incapable of being president, which is entirely true. No one will be swayed by these debates into thinking he is fit. The only people who think he is fit are those already willfully ignorant enough to believe so.

Hillary has made a bit of an unforced error in painting Trump as unfit and incapable of being President, as if he comes in and looks the part and doesn't lose it, he will have eroded whatever narrative she has tried to paint.

True believer, aren't you?

That's setting the bar really, disgracefully low for the highest office in the land.

• Fire 1

In what universe is calling Trump unfit for the presidency an "unforced error" ? Regardless of how he behaves in the debate, it doesn't take away all the sh#t behavior from before. Or the stupid thoughts he's had and words he's said. The "narrative" is exactly what has happened, in real life.

• Fire 2

In what universe is calling Trump unfit for the presidency an "unforced error" ? Regardless of how he behaves in the debate, it doesn't take away all the sh#t behavior from before. Or the stupid thoughts he's had and words he's said. The "narrative" is exactly what has happened, in real life.

Well her primary campaign strategy has been to demonize him rather than focus on how she will improve the lives of Americans. She knows most voters believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, so she can't run on Obama's record. Yet because she was in Obama's cabinet and helped shape his foreign policy, she can't claim to be a change agent. So she has decided to go negative over and over and has spent $145 million compared to Trump who's spent less than $1 million from his own campaign. The debate is a way for both candidates to "clear the slate" so to speak and give voters a fresh look at them 1/1. It doesn't take away some of his past comments just as it won't take away Hillary's huge lies and poor record, but many voters have accepted that both candidates are less than ideal, so they are taking into account all the past baggage when viewing the debate.

Trump made a smart move in hiring Conway. Since hiring her, he has made 6 or 7 focused policy speeches and has tried to run a more balanced message of offering solutions while also attacking Hillary. I personally think Hillary should have focused more on policy solutions since the convention, but I think her team felt she would just coast to an election win.

• Fire 1

Well her primary campaign strategy has been to demonize him rather than focus on how she will improve the lives of Americans.

Continuing to insist on things doesn't make them true.

You may like Trump's style, or his coif, or the way you imagine he'll adhere to Republican policies (he won't), but you can't seriously make the claim that Hillary somehow has less positive focus on issues than Trump, whose grasp on any sort of policy is tenuous at best.

Well her primary campaign strategy has been to demonize him rather than focus on how she will improve the lives of Americans. She knows most voters believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, so she can't run on Obama's record. Yet because she was in Obama's cabinet and helped shape his foreign policy, she can't claim to be a change agent. So she has decided to go negative over and over and has spent $145 million compared to Trump who's spent less than $1 million from his own campaign. The debate is a way for both candidates to "clear the slate" so to speak and give voters a fresh look at them 1/1. It doesn't take away some of his past comments just as it won't take away Hillary's huge lies and poor record, but many voters have accepted that both candidates are less than ideal, so they are taking into account all the past baggage when viewing the debate.

Trump made a smart move in hiring Conway. Since hiring her, he has made 6 or 7 focused policy speeches and has tried to run a more balanced message of offering solutions while also attacking Hillary. I personally think Hillary should have focused more on policy solutions since the convention, but I think her team felt she would just coast to an election win.

Ummm...Obama's approval rating is definitely favorable. Foxnews and your obscure propaganda sources may say otherwise and paint a picture of gloom and doom, but the reality is most Americans do not live in fear of said organizations' produced terror.

• Fire 2

U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump adviser and Kremlin

U.S. intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman identified by Donald Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers has opened up private communications with senior Russian officials — including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue.

The activities of Trump adviser Carter Page, who has extensive business interests in Russia, have been discussed with senior members of Congress during recent briefings about suspected efforts by Moscow to influence the presidential election, the sources said. After one of those briefings, Senate minority leader Harry Reid wrote FBI Director James Comey, citing reports of meetings between a Trump adviser (a reference to Page) and “high ranking sanctioned individuals” in Moscow over the summer as evidence of “significant and disturbing ties” between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin that needed to be investigated by the bureau.

Some of those briefed were “taken aback” when they learned about Page’s contacts in Moscow, viewing them as a possible back channel to the Russians that could undercut U.S. foreign policy, said a congressional source familiar with the briefings but who asked for anonymity due to the sensitivity of the subject. The source added that U.S. officials in the briefings indicated that intelligence reports about the adviser’s talks with senior Russian officials close to President Vladimir Putin were being “actively monitored and investigated.”

• Fire 1