The General Election

Donald Trump gave an interview to a local Ohio television station on Wednesday during which he was asked why he suddenly changed his mind on his birther lie last week, after pushing it for many years. “Well, I just want to get on with, you now, we want to get on with the campaign,” Trump said to ABC6 in Ohio.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/09/21/trump-made-birther-comment-to-move-on.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

That tells me he either still believes that Obama wasn't born in the US or has always believed that Obama was born in the US, but just did the whole birther thing for publicity.

King of debt, y'all.

FWIW, that's $5.3T over the next decade. They also analyzed Clinton's plans and said she would only add $200B over that time span.

How's that for backwards? By their metrics, the Democrat is the fiscally responsible choice.

But...but...but....the world's greatest negotiator is going to negotiate and not pay all of that debt.

We have a whole thread of outrage over the "Baskets of Deplorables" comment from Hillary but nary a peep over the Skittles tomfoolery from Trump Jr.

Basically, he's saying we can't afford to take in any immigrants (especially from THOSE countries) because they may be bad.

Funny story.

Some nitwit set bombs off in New York City, New Jersey, and had plans for more before he was caught by the Police hours after the first bomb went off. Citizens were advised to be on the alert for this guy.

A good citizen gave a tip to the Police, leading to the man's capture.

Guess what?

That tipster was an immigrant. And a Sikh. He's originally from India. His name is Harinder Bains.

Sikh hailed as hero for helping arrest terror suspect in US

A Sikh bar owner in the US is being hailed as a hero for helping capture the 28-year-old Afghan-American wanted for the weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey.

Harinder Bains, the owner of a bar in Linden found Ahmad Khan Rahami sleeping in the doorway of his bar yesterday.

"I'm just a regular citizen doing what every citizen should do. Cops are the real heroes, law enforcement are the real heroes," Bains told.

Have a Skittle, Mr. Bains. It's on me.

Just like daddy, he can't shut up ... if you're backtracking, you're losing.

Oh good. A Trump is talking about a "statistical thing."

Well Jr., that picture is completely inaccurate. If you multiplied the number of skittles in that bowl by 1,000,000 and there were still only 3 bad ones it'd be more like it.

Also, have you heard of food poisoning? I mean, it's unlikely with skittles, but people eat hamburgers every day and the likelihood of getting a deadly disease from them is probably higher than dying in a terrorist attack in the U.S.

• Fire 4

Oh good. A Trump is talking about a "statistical thing."

Well Jr., that picture is completely inaccurate. If you multiplied the number of skittles in that bowl by 1,000,000 and there were still only 3 bad ones it'd be more like it.

Also, have you heard of food poisoning? I mean, it's unlikely with skittles, but people eat hamburgers every day and the likelihood of getting a deadly disease from them is probably higher than dying in a terrorist attack in the U.S.

You're right:

We estimate that foodborne diseases cause approximately 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and 5,000 deaths in the United States each year. Known pathogens account for an estimated 14 million illnesses, 60,000 hospitalizations, and 1,800 deaths.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/5/5/99-0502_article

By comparison, there have been 105 terrorist-related deaths that can be tied to Islam in any way in America since 9/11, including Fort Hood, San Bernardino & the Orlando night club shooting.

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255a.html

So...

Islamic terrorists - 7 per year

Food - 5,000 per year

Looks like Trump Jr. should be going breeding fear about Ronald McDonald.

• Fire 2

IIRC correctly the Ronald McDonald House is one of the few charities that Trump has actually given to, and lord knows Mr. "I'm going to remove FDA standards" loves to shove Mickey D's into his mouth, so... Doubtful he goes after Goofy Ronald.

Don Jr was probably just imbued with the good old Trump math gene. They don't understand the concepts of facts or numbers too well.

This is the guy who says Clinton wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment. Apparently the 2nd Amendment only applies to Donald's chosen people.