The General Election

Reuters/IPSOS which altered its methodology (to favor Hillary) about six weeks ago is showing Trump up by 5 in New Mexico. If Trump is winning New Mexico, this could mean a landslide in the opposite direction of what people have been thinking.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/18/new-mexico-poll/

It altered it's methodology because it was consistently an outlier that at one time showed Hillary being further ahead than the rest of the polls and then showed her with a smaller lead then the rest of the polls. Also, the poll you linked was taken from 141 voters. Definitely not a poll to draw any major conclusions from. One of their polls of 136 voters in Nebraska had Hillary ahead.

Reuters/IPSOS which altered its methodology (to favor Hillary) about six weeks ago is showing Trump up by 5 in New Mexico. If Trump is winning New Mexico, this could mean a landslide in the opposite direction of what people have been thinking.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/18/new-mexico-poll/

It altered it's methodology because it was consistently an outlier that at one time showed Hillary being further ahead than the rest of the polls and then showed her with a smaller lead then the rest of the polls. Also, the poll you linked was taken from 141 voters. Definitely not a poll to draw any major conclusions from. One of their polls of 136 voters in Nebraska had Hillary ahead.

They tweaked their own results using the same poll and sample after it showed Trump with a lead. They got a bunch of flack over it. I agree this polling company has been all over the place, so I do take these New Mexico results with a grain of salt. With that said, there are not really many other polls for New Mexico. I also am curious if a state like Minnesota is closer than anyone realizes. They nearly always vote Democratic, but they also put in Jesse Ventura as their governor, so in a year where the unpredictable can happen, I could see Minnesota being closer than people think.

That was an interesting read, BRB. Here's another one I found on Politico surmising his plans could cost up to 4.8 million jobs in 2019. That's assuming a full-scale trade war with China ensues.

I guess economically, this election boils down to what you want to believe in: globalism and free-trade, or protectionism and an anti-trade future.

I will say I don't believe that almost all economists believe in free trade and skewer protectionism because they're idiots or because they're shills being paid to. I don't think playing hardball with everyone and trying to force them to do what we want by waving a big stick threatening tariffs is a good plan. I also find it odd that so many people believe in Trump and his plans-- when they've been devised almost exclusively by him and CEOs from industries like steel and coal/oil. Seems a bit of wishful thinking to me to think that a bunch of those guys are suddenly going to come up with a plan to rescue the middle class after years of screwing it over.

I read another analysis earlier today talking about the pass-throughs your article mentioned. It said that he plans on sustained 6-8% GDP growth in order to offset the revenue loss from his huge tax cuts. Call me cynical, but given we haven't had a sustained period of growth that large since the 80s and intermittently before that, I'm very skeptical.

That was an interesting read, BRB. Here's another one I found on Politico surmising his plans could cost up to 4.8 million jobs in 2019. That's assuming a full-scale trade war with China ensues.

I guess economically, this election boils down to what you want to believe in: globalism and free-trade, or protectionism and an anti-trade future.

I will say I don't believe that almost all economists believe in free trade and skewer protectionism because they're idiots or because they're shills being paid to. I don't think playing hardball with everyone and trying to force them to do what we want by waving a big stick threatening tariffs is a good plan. I also find it odd that so many people believe in Trump and his plans-- when they've been devised almost exclusively by him and CEOs from industries like steel and coal/oil. Seems a bit of wishful thinking to me to think that a bunch of those guys are suddenly going to come up with a plan to rescue the middle class after years of screwing it over.

I read another analysis earlier today talking about the pass-throughs your article mentioned. It said that he plans on sustained 6-8% GDP growth in order to offset the revenue loss from his huge tax cuts. Call me cynical, but given we haven't had a sustained period of growth that large since the 80s and intermittently before that, I'm very skeptical.

I cringe when people say American industry shouldn't be involved in trade deals. Politicians can not be expected to understand all industries. For instance, the trade rules in our industry are pathetic and hurt both our industry and the American public. If congress would come to us, we would tell them out to fix it. But, they don't want to listen.

• Fire 1

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/exclusive-george-hw-bush-to-vote-for-hillary-228395

Probably not earth shaking news, but here is Okla anything will shake us it appears now. GHWB will be casting his vote for Hillary. Since he and GWB didn't attend the repub convention and many of their associates have come out against Trump, and that there is some kind of weird, pompous, royalty relationship between the Clintons and the Bushes it is not surprising that George Sr is voting for Hillary.

It's actually a pretty big deal that a former president won't vote for his party's own candidate.

That's a pretty big endorsement for Hillary, crossing party lines like that. I think the instinct of Trump voters is to downplay the fact that not one single former president (Carter, Bush I, Clinton[duh], Bush II or Obama) will endorse Trump. 40% of them are Republicans.

Of course, Trump isn't a Republican, but that's not stopping anyone from the Right side of the aisle from voting for him.

• Fire 3

We have a whole thread of outrage over the "Baskets of Deplorables" comment from Hillary but nary a peep over the Skittles tomfoolery from Trump Jr.

Basically, he's saying we can't afford to take in any immigrants (especially from THOSE countries) because they may be bad.

Funny story.

Some nitwit set bombs off in New York City, New Jersey, and had plans for more before he was caught by the Police hours after the first bomb went off. Citizens were advised to be on the alert for this guy.

A good citizen gave a tip to the Police, leading to the man's capture.

Guess what?

That tipster was an immigrant. And a Sikh. He's originally from India. His name is Harinder Bains.

Sikh hailed as hero for helping arrest terror suspect in US

A Sikh bar owner in the US is being hailed as a hero for helping capture the 28-year-old Afghan-American wanted for the weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey.

Harinder Bains, the owner of a bar in Linden found Ahmad Khan Rahami sleeping in the doorway of his bar yesterday.

"I'm just a regular citizen doing what every citizen should do. Cops are the real heroes, law enforcement are the real heroes," Bains told.

Have a Skittle, Mr. Bains. It's on me.

• Fire 5

It gets better - the guy who took the Skittles photo in the Trump Jr tweet? He's a refugee.

Donald Trump Jr tweet: 'I'm a refugee' says Skittles photographer

David Kittos, 48, from Guildford, UK, woke up to find an image he had posted to Flickr in January 2010 had become embroiled in a political controversy.

"This was not done with my permission, I don't support his politics and I would never take his money to use it," Mr Kittos told the BBC.

"In 1974, when I was six-years old, I was a refugee from the Turkish occupation of Cyprus so I would never approve the use of this image against refugees."

• Fire 2

People are having some fun with the Skittles thing, at least...

For reference, Jr., Daddy, and that whole clan are pieces of crap for trying to scapegoat an entire group of people again for their own political gain. Utter pieces of crap.

I might as well post this now. I was going to just let it go, but it seems to fit in along with the rest of this despicable behavior:

Trump takes credit for 'bomb' call: 'I should be a newscaster'

I heard — I didn’t see it — but I heard I was criticized for calling it correctly,” Trump told “Fox and Friends” in a telephone interview. “But what I said was exactly correct. I should be a newscaster because I called it before the news.”

This makes twice now that Trump thinks the appropriate response to a domestic terrorism incident is to gloat about how right he was.

Man you can not script 'stupid' any better. This whole skittles incident that Knapp posted to the Nazi comparison post by BRB & now Dude's post really says all that needs to be said about the Trump campaign - buffoons. Actually not buffoon as buffoon means: a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown. This is anything but amusing. This is tragic and dangerous. A major party falling this far. But more so, our country possibly on the verge of electing this guy.