The General Election

This isn't even going to be close.

It's a fair cop.

America is very, very red today.

We'll work to turn it back around.

That's the thing too, people were saying that the Republican party had lost its way and maybe it has, but what has this done to the Democratic party? Pretty damaging I'm guessing........

RIP my 401k

Everyone said the world was going to end with the Brexit vote, and the markets went down for a few days then returned to their highs. Markets don't like uncertainty as all the pundits were predicating an HRC win.

The pound is still extremely low against the dollar, last time I checked.

Canadian immigration site has crashed!

Be honest, who here has been doing some reserch into moving to Canada?

I researched Vancouver and Edmonton... long before the election. Not for dislike of America though.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad clinton is losing.

Me too. Cannot stand the woman and haven't been happy she's the "anointed one" for the Democrats this whole time. If just about anyone else were winning, I'd be OK.It's not that Clinton is losing. Screw her & the horse she rode in on.It's that Trump is going to be President of the United States.This isn't a game.
yeah it is a game. Elitest politicians have been playing games with our lives and our futures for generations. This is just one big f#*k you to the system.

I'll be completely honest here, I voted for Trump today. I wasn't planning on it, in fact I was planning on voting for Evan McMullin. Problem was when I got my ballot it showed a different vice presidential candidate than what he had been saying was going to be running with him, bad look obviously. I am no Hillary fan, never have been, never will be. So I voted for Trump because he supports the police and for several other reasons. Like everyone else I had my reasons for voting for the candidate that I did. I had told myself when I went in to vote if there was a problem or it didn't feel right I'd go with my gut instinct as it's usually been right at least for me. I may have screwed up, or I may not have screwed up, I suppose only time will tell, but to date there hasn't been a perfect president in every single person's eyes so that won't be any different. I am a little worried about how some in the country will respond. I'm not looking for an argument, just making a statement is all. It was my opinion if Hillary got into office it would be terrible, but I realize that should could've proved me wrong.

I did the same thing as you. I wasn't going to vote at all and I've never voted before but my family, friends and co-workers said that it's my civil duty to go out and vote.

So I did my research and weighed in all my options and voted for Trump. Like you there were several reasons why I voted for Trump is because he supports the police, is pro choice, wants to toughen up our immigration procedures, go after ISIS among some other views.

Just because I voted for someone other than the candidate you voted for doesn't make my choice any better or worse that your candidate.

• Fire 1

Bernie Sanders wasn't winning this election.

Well, I don't know.

Maybe he was.

Bernie wins this election in a landslide imo. Those working class democrats that swapped to Trump in Michigan and Pennsylvania would have flocked to Bernie like they did in Michigan for the primary for him over hilary.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad clinton is losing.

Me too. Cannot stand the woman and haven't been happy she's the "anointed one" for the Democrats this whole time. If just about anyone else were winning, I'd be OK.It's not that Clinton is losing. Screw her & the horse she rode in on.It's that Trump is going to be President of the United States.This isn't a game.
yeah it is a game. Elitest politicians have been playing games with our lives and our futures for generations. This is just one big f#*k you to the system.

What is Trump going to do to f*** up the system?

@Moir, Army -- Yes, I think you guys are right. Bernie was not by a long shot my choice, personally, or that of many other people I knew. But we would've come around quite happily. And that now-shattered firewall would more likely have held -- while ushering in a boldly more progressive era in American politics.

For now, we can only have regrets.

To the Bernie supporters especially, it feels we made the wrong strategic choice.

This is just one big f#*k you to the system.

Congratulations. Who is it that lives under the system?

This isn't even going to be close.

It's a fair cop.

America is very, very red today.

We'll work to turn it back around.

That's the thing too, people were saying that the Republican party had lost its way and maybe it has, but what has this done to the Democratic party? Pretty damaging I'm guessing........

I still think the Republican Party is a mess.

They will have a chance to rectify that with the power they will now have.

They now have to come up with actual solutions.

Jury is still out on if they can go that.