The General Election

Trump was doing his best last night to be presidential and admitted some mistakes in things he said.

1) I don't think that him acting that way can last

B) A little too late to do some image rehabilitation

I heard that this morning and about puked.

Why did you about puke? Seriously, Trump has given many strong policy focused speeches this week that were on message and with the right tone.

Looks like Trump & Pence are planning to do a fly over photo op to LA despite a request not to come if they aren't helping in some way.

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards' office said Trump had not called to discuss plans to visit, but that the New York businessman was welcome to volunteer or make a sizable donation toward helping victims.

"We welcome him to (Louisiana), but not for a photo op," the statement said. "Instead we hope he'll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

Nice spin. Trump is the only Presidential candidate giving this Katrina like tragedy the attention it deserves. Meanwhile Obama is having a great time golfing. As i pointed out in the other thread, a prime example of the MSM showing its bias and hypocrisy as they chastised Bush for not showing up or seeming engaged enough with Katrina.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2016/08/18/nets-compare-louisiana-flood-katrina-ignore-obama-vacation

• Fire 1

Looks like Trump & Pence are planning to do a fly over photo op to LA despite a request not to come if they aren't helping in some way.

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards' office said Trump had not called to discuss plans to visit, but that the New York businessman was welcome to volunteer or make a sizable donation toward helping victims.

"We welcome him to (Louisiana), but not for a photo op," the statement said. "Instead we hope he'll consider volunteering or making a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of this storm."

Nice spin. Trump is the only Presidential candidate giving this Katrina like tragedy the attention it deserves. Meanwhile Obama is having a great time golfing. As i pointed out in the other thread, a prime example of the MSM showing its bias and hypocrisy as they chastised Bush for not showing up or seeming engaged enough with Katrina.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2016/08/18/nets-compare-louisiana-flood-katrina-ignore-obama-vacation

Trump was doing his best last night to be presidential and admitted some mistakes in things he said.

1) I don't think that him acting that way can last

B) A little too late to do some image rehabilitation

I heard that this morning and about puked.

Why did you about puke? Seriously, Trump has given many strong policy focused speeches this week that were on message and with the right tone.

His apology for maybe saying things that he shouldn't have.

He has spent his entire campaign brushing off or completely denying saying ridiculous and outrageous things that are insulting. At times he has acted proud of it and ridiculed people who claim he has said things he shouldn't have.

Now, I'm supposed to believe that..oh....I"m sorry....I shouldn't have said these things???? Give me a friggen brake. The only reason he said what he did last night is because his campaign is in the tank, he's going through campaign chairs faster than he goes through bottles of hair spray and probably every single one of them have constantly told him behind the scenes to stop being a jack ass.

So.....NOW....all of a sudden he has seen the error of his ways and he's not a jack ass anymore????

Give me a break........

• Fire 2

Dude - the state has asked people not to come! Not me spinning anything - they're saying volunteer or give.

Edit: they don't want extra people there requiring them to secure areas or spend time and money on anything other than the recovery. So nice spin by you on the vaca claims.

• Fire 1

Katrina like tragedy???? Really?

I have family in Baton Rouge. Yes, the flooding is bad. But, this is NOTHING like Katrina with the total devastation that hurricane left in it's path. To compare the two is ridiculous.

Criticism of Bush at that time was totally out of line and criticism of Obama over this is just as ridiculous.

Over 1,800 people died in Hurricane Katrina. So far in these floods the death toll is 13.

• Fire 1

OK, guys, let's walk back to Katrina.

Why was President Bush criticized so harshly for that one?

Well.....

a) You had the people who claimed he blew up the dyke to kill black people.

b) You had the people who claimed he hated black people so he didn't send in troops so they would die.

c) You had people trying to claim he caused Hurricane Katrina either with his environmental policy or a secret weapon that can cause mass hurricanes to do destruction to black people.

Reality was, the National Guard wasn't deployed because the governor and the mayor told the feds they didn't need help. The President just can't go in and send troops into a state without the OK of the state itself. Once the State gave the OK and asked for help, the NG was sent in.

But, those facts didn't stop people from claiming his hatred of black people is why so many people died.

OK, I actually don't remember because I was a bit young at the time.

Your summary seems a little ... fanciful. In that it paints the critics in an extraordinary light. I'm interested in someone making a case that doesn't amount to "Bush actually wanted to see black people die"/"Bush caused an actual hurricane to kill black people", since I'm aware this case exists, but I haven't really read much about it before.

I'd say BRB's summary is pretty accurate. Those were some of the more inflammatory things said about Bush during Katrina, but I recall all of those bullet points being talked about.

It's easy to ignore outrageous claims like "Bush caused the hurricane" or "Bush hates Black people so he let them die," but we shouldn't forget that they were, in fact, said.

As Ron White famously stated, "You can't fix stupid."

• Fire 1