The General Election

He's got three whole years to build incumbent advantage. If left in office, he'll do it. Little normal things will blunt our criticisms and our ability to see this all for what it is. Basic economic security will resist people's preferences for change. And the GOP will stay united against anyone the Democrats run out there, unless the Democrats abandon all of their values and run a staunch conservative.

31% is astounding. What more do those people need? I feel like a conviction or revelation of collusion (since "there's no evidence of collusion" seems to be the rhetorical game this administration is playing lately) would be the only things to bring down that number. That number could be somewhat reflective of his base, which is shrinking.

On the other hand, in the same poll, 72% approval amongst Republicans is... not good. If it remained there and his Dem/Ind #s stay where they are in 2020, he's going to have a very rough time against Generic Dem. But of course, he'll have an incumbent advantage, too. Maybe? Who knows at this point...

I wonder how many people who are answering that are too ignorant to realize there is a difference between "Russia attempting to interfere" and "Trump administration colluded".

Those two are really two very different things and I'm guessing a lot in of Americans have an inability to separate the two.

• Fire 1

Yes. It would be an incredible shock to me if Trump himself actually actively colluded with the Russians. He's not that clever. I find 'unwitting puppet' far more plausible. The same can't necessarily be said for the rest of his administration -- the folks doing the actual groundwork. Trump, as we know, has only ever envisioned himself as in charge of "making America great again", whatever the hell that means.

• 3 weeks later...

Map w/ all counties

That blue line that runs through the south is interesting. I assume those are predominately African American populated counties?

555px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_co

Pretty much... those are your major universities and cities Jackson, Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Atlanta...

Map w/ all counties

That blue line that runs through the south is interesting. I assume those are predominately African American populated counties?

555px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_co

Pretty much... those are your major universities and cities The Mississippi River basin and Delta, Jackson, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Montgomery, Atlanta...

Like I've said in the past. The Democrats do not appeal to rural voters. You talk to someone in an urban area, they are much more likely to vote Democratic.

This is the key to Dems regrouping and gaining more power. They have to figure out how to appeal to these rural voters.

There aren't enough rural voters to make that a thing. The maps I showed were to illustrate that, while The Donald may have won a lot of counties, he didn't win a lot of votes.

This illustrates that a little better:

ZBsoRM4.png

• Fire 2