Riley, Eichorst Touring the State

• 1 month later...

Those trips must be so freaking boring for these guys.

Why?

Have you driven that area? It's boring as hell. On cue:

Riley began by saying that was in awe of the dedication shown by Nebraska fans, including those in attendance who drive over 200 miles for a game on Saturday.

"My first year impressions are this," Riley said. "Anybody driving over to a game is a good example of what this place is about. Loyalty is a big deal here and we like the passion of this place. It's a simple place and it really is the good life."

I like this; hope he really carries through on it as a commitment/philosophy:

"It all starts with a nice job of evaluating at home," he said.

Then Riley said that he looks at recruiting in the surrounding states as an extension of the Huskers' footprint. Then after that, they look at the players from the big states like California, where Nebraska has been so successful at landing recruits since Riley came that it is nicknamed "Calibraska" by Husker fans, Texas and Florida.

"We're a national program so we get guys from Calibraska, Texas and New Jersey," Riley said. "If you have half the guys from around here and half the guys from there, you're gonna have a good picture."

I'd even push more toward a 60/40 split, if possible.

Those trips must be so freaking boring for these guys.

Why?

Have you driven that area? It's boring as hell. On cue:

Ummm.....I live in western Nebraska and find driving in it not boring at all.

Off the interstate and up in the hills, I agree. But I-80 is boring.

• Fire 1

Most people who don't live in western Nebraska only stick on I-80 while traveling through, and that ride is boring as Hell. Iowa is worse, though.

Hell, I think the I-5N through California is worse, except that you at least know you can get to the ocean or mountains if you cut east or west for a couple of hours.

I agree that the drive from Ohio to the NE/Iowa border is the worst part of I-80.

Most people who don't live in western Nebraska only stick on I-80 while traveling through, and that ride is boring as Hell. Iowa is worse, though.

Hell, I think the I-5N through California is worse, except that you at least know you can get to the ocean or mountains if you cut east or west for a couple of hours.

I agree that the drive from Ohio to the NE/Iowa border is the worst part of I-80.

the Illinois/Indiana portion before Peoria is straight up torture.