BTN Primetime Kickoffs announce (Fresno, Minnesota, @ Northwestern)

I love night games. I can't get home to Lincoln often, and watching on TV is more fun at night, at least for me. Plenty of time to get the smoked ribs or brisket done, watch some early games, etc.

We could end up with quite a string of night games this year. Our two road games are Wisconsin and OSU, leading up to Minnesota. I suppose there's a chance they all end up at night. After that Maryland and then Iowa (Black Friday).

Has the Black Friday game ever been played at night? I'm too old to remember.

We won't have any other night games on BTN, and with our marquee games already picked the only other game that could be a night time kickoff is Oregon. And as far as I can tell, the Black Friday game hasn't been a night game before.

I'm unclear on how all this works, so forgive any foolish questions or assumptions.

The big games that ESPN/ABC already took have not yet been scheduled a time, correct? If they want those at night, I assume that's how they'll do it, but I also assume it depends on how each team is doing and what other games are compelling for the time slot.

I'm unclear on how all this works, so forgive any foolish questions or assumptions.

The big games that ESPN/ABC already took have not yet been scheduled a time, correct? If they want those at night, I assume that's how they'll do it, but I also assume it depends on how each team is doing and what other games are compelling for the time slot.

They'll be night games, we just don't know the exact kickoff time yet (6,7 or 8) or network (ABC/ESPN/ESPN2). We should know the exact times/network to those by the start of the season most likely.

Get excited. Imagine if Oregon/Nebraska rocks and rolls it's way to a possible night game or even dare I say, GAMEDAY?

I would love for the exposure of Game Day plus a nationally televised night game, but there are some other big games that might take that honor:

Ohio State at Oklahoma

Michigan State at Notre Dame

Miss State at LSU

Alabama at Ole Miss

USC at Stanford

Some others that day:

N Dakota St at Iowa

UCLA at BYU

Texas A&M at Auburn

Georgia at Mizzou

Colorado at Michigan

Texas at Cal

Either way it's a great slate of games that day

Get excited. Imagine if Oregon/Nebraska rocks and rolls it's way to a possible night game or even dare I say, GAMEDAY?

I would love for the exposure of Game Day plus a nationally televised night game, but there are some other big games that might take that honor:

Ohio State at Oklahoma

Miss State at LSU

Alabama at Ole Miss

USC at Stanford

Some others that day:

N Dakota St at Iowa

UCLA at BYU

Texas A&M at Auburn

Georgia at Mizzou

Colorado at Michigan

Texas at Cal

Part of my thought process in this is that they try to avoid going to the same stadium twice in a season. Yes, last year Alabama hosted twice, but let's pretend that's an anomaly.

Ohio State at Oklahoma - Baylor plays in Oklahoma late in the season, which is a potential Gameday site. Hard to argue with this one if it's chosen.

Michigan State at Notre Dame - Hosts Stanford, Miami and VT. I think 2 of those 3 would be better GameDay atmospheres than MSU this year. (NEW QB simmers stage)

Miss State at LSU - LSU hosts Bama & Ole Miss later in the season, EASILY better matchups. (MSU will also be starting a new QB)

Alabama at Ole Miss - Hosts Georgia, Auburn & Miss State this season. Hopefully ESPN decides against putting Ole Miss on a big stage, considering recent events.

USC at Stanford - This is really Stanford's only big home game in 2016. Haven't hosted GD since 2011.

So after looking at it with my glass half full, I've come up with the most likely host of Gameday to be......

Oregon @ Nebraska.

Notre Dame hosting MSU doesn't excite people. MSU may have a down year with a new QB.

Miss State @ LSU isn't a primetime matchup. LSU be the gameday site of either the Bama or Ole Miss games.

Bama @ Ole Miss - Yes, this one is an obvious possibility, $EC could win out, let's just hope not.

USC @ Stanford - 1 reason, Stanford fans are not going to show up.

Ohio State at Oklahoma

Miss State at LSU

Alabama at Ole Miss

USC at Stanford

Some others that day:

N Dakota St at Iowa

UCLA at BYU

Texas A&M at Auburn

Georgia at Mizzou

Colorado at Michigan

Texas at Cal

Part of my thought process in this is that they try to avoid going to the same stadium twice in a season. Yes, last year Alabama hosted twice, but let's pretend that's an anomaly.

Ohio State at Oklahoma - Baylor plays in Oklahoma late in the season, which is a potential Gameday site. Hard to argue with this one if it's chosen.

Michigan State at Notre Dame - Hosts Stanford, Miami and VT. I think 2 of those 3 would be better GameDay atmospheres than MSU this year. (NEW QB simmers stage)

Miss State at LSU - LSU hosts Bama & Ole Miss later in the season, EASILY better matchups. (MSU will also be starting a new QB)

Alabama at Ole Miss - Hosts Georgia, Auburn & Miss State this season. Hopefully ESPN decides against putting Ole Miss on a big stage, considering recent events.

USC at Stanford - This is really Stanford's only big home game in 2016. Haven't hosted GD since 2011.

So after looking at it with my glass half full, I've come up with the most likely host of Gameday to be......

Oregon @ Nebraska.

Notre Dame hosting MSU doesn't excite people. MSU may have a down year with a new QB.

Miss State @ LSU isn't a primetime matchup. LSU be the gameday site of either the Bama or Ole Miss games.

Bama @ Ole Miss - Yes, this one is an obvious possibility, $EC could win out, let's just hope not.

USC @ Stanford - 1 reason, Stanford fans are not going to show up.

If osu and oklahoma win their first games, I think I would bet my house they will be at Oklahoma. I would assume that will be the main night game that week. Two top ten and historic programs in an ooc matchup.

• Fire 1