***2016 Game Visitors***

Do we know of any visitors for Wyoming yet or do we not have any currently?

Haven't seen any. Pretty tough to get here from much of anywhere for an 11:00 am kick.

Ah I see that makes sense, but with zero visitors that day wouldn't a kid want tons of exposure or one on one time on his visit? This would be the opportune time for that, I am thinking more of the midwest kids like that DE from KC or some other midwest kids we are after.

This is not meant to be snarky, but based on the list I saw awhile back, there simply aren't many Midwest kids that we are after.

It makes some sense in years 1 and 2. Proximity only goes so far. It's about relationships, and this staff has few roots here. Hopefully they've put in some serious behind the scenes efforts to establish those coaching connections, because I think there're a lot of overlooked players in the region.

Not sure what you're expecting. 5 of or commitments so far are within 500 miles and we have more looking at us.

Do we know of any visitors for Wyoming yet or do we not have any currently?

Haven't seen any. Pretty tough to get here from much of anywhere for an 11:00 am kick.

Ah I see that makes sense, but with zero visitors that day wouldn't a kid want tons of exposure or one on one time on his visit? This would be the opportune time for that, I am thinking more of the midwest kids like that DE from KC or some other midwest kids we are after.

This is not meant to be snarky, but based on the list I saw awhile back, there simply aren't many Midwest kids that we are after.

It makes some sense in years 1 and 2. Proximity only goes so far. It's about relationships, and this staff has few roots here. Hopefully they've put in some serious behind the scenes efforts to establish those coaching connections, because I think there're a lot of overlooked players in the region.

Not sure what you're expecting. 5 of or commitments so far are within 500 miles and we have more looking at us.

The last list I saw from Mavric indicated there were very few prospects left on the radar from within 500 miles - if that's out of date, I'll revisit. As far as commits so far, which 5 are you counting? I count two that are solidly within it (Allen and McQuitty). Two Oklahoma kids are right at the 500 mile mark. Who is the 5th?

4 of 14 is less than 30% - I'd bet among top 30 teams, that's a very low % of "immediate area" recruits.

Ideally, I'd like to see at least 50% from that territory, and even up to 70% during the right years. I'd also like to see us cutting through B10 country, at least as far east as Indiana, because (1) it's easier to pitch mom and dad when they can drive to visiting games within a few hours, and (2) it depletes the talent pool immediately available to our conference rivals.

Just going to take some time to get those relationships built.

Thomas

McQuitty

Bando

Leitao

Allen

Are all within 500 miles. 35.7% of our class so far.

Oh, right, forgot about Bando being a "Florida recruit" in only a technical sense.

But anyway, based on the current list of targets, I don't see the % increasing. It more likely will decrease, it appears, depending on how many kids are taken in this class.

Just as a "for example," Iowa has 16 commits and is ranked 22nd currently (compared to NU's 34th). They have at least 9 kids from within 500 miles and 5 from Iowa.

We need to cut the legs out from under Iowa (and the other B10 and P5 teams that are taking down recruits from NE border states).

Benjamin, Calloway, and Espinosa really inflate Iowa's class. Outside of that and particularly their instate kids are pretty meh.

Just as a "for example," Iowa has 16 commits and is ranked 22nd currently (compared to NU's 34th). They have at least 9 kids from within 500 miles and 5 from Iowa.

We need to cut the legs out from under Iowa (and the other B10 and P5 teams that are taking down recruits from NE border states).

they signed Ferentz till 2025.I fully expect him to go back on coast mode soon.

Benjamin, Calloway, and Espinosa really inflate Iowa's class. Outside of that and particularly their instate kids are pretty meh.

Couldn't the same thing be said for the top 3 in almost every class?

Where would NU be ranked if we lost Gebbia, Roberts and McQuitty?

NU's 10th rated commit is ranked about the same as Iowa's 10th rated commit, so I'm not seeing how Iowa is somehow over ranked, unless a lot of teams are over ranked. .

247 composite rankings

Iowa is 22nd with 16 commits

Nebraska is 27th with 14 commits.

Iowa's average rating is 86.42 1- 5 :star 2- 4 :star 13-3 :star

Nebraska's average rating is 86.58 0-5 :star 4-4 :star 10-3 :star

They are 5 spots higher than us simply because they have two more recruits. I fail to see how Iowa has a better class than us right now. Yes, they have a 5 star player. But, I would rather have a better average across the board...which we do.

So...yes...they might have a higher percentage from a 500 mile radius. But, on average we have a higher level of player than them. I'll gladly have our class instead of theirs.

• Fire 1

247 composite rankings

Iowa is 22nd with 16 commits

Nebraska is 27th with 14 commits.

Nebraska's average rating is 86.58 1- 5 :star 2- 4 :star 13-3 :star

Iowa's average rating is 86.42 0-5 :star 4-4 :star 10-3 :star

They are 5 spots higher than us simply because they have two more recruits. I fail to see how Iowa has a better class than us right now. Yes, they have a 5 star player. But, I would rather have a better average across the board...which we do.

So...yes...they might have a higher percentage from a 500 mile radius. But, on average we have a higher level of player than them. I'll gladly have our class instead of theirs.

I think you have your labels on the average rating and stars backwards.