Fall Camp Notes

No doubt, Tommy is still and will be Tommy. IMO, the season will hinge on his ability to not make poor decisions with the ball.I am hoping that the staff can play call to his strengths. Read something yesterday that said he looked best rolling out of the pocket where he could move and see the field. Wonder if those two picks were in the pocket or not?

OL, at left guard is taking a beating. If I read correctly we are down to only one? At least for a few weeks....

Great news about the D.

No doubt, Tommy is still and will be Tommy. IMO, the season will hinge on his ability to not make poor decisions with the ball.I am hoping that the staff can play call to his strengths. Read something yesterday that said he looked best rolling out of the pocket where he could move and see the field. Wonder if those two picks were in the pocket or not?

OL, at left guard is taking a beating. If I read correctly we are down to only one? At least for a few weeks....

Great news about the D.

Yep. Corey Whitaker out until 9/3 or so due to a scope.

Jalin Barnett out with a sprained ankle. Don't know how bad it is.

Bo Wilson true freshman in the starting lineup. Looks like Wilson could be something special for us in the future, but having a true freshman in the lineup is disconcerting.

Great news about the D.

Yep. Corey Whitaker out until 9/3 or so due to a scope.

Jalin Barnett out with a sprained ankle. Don't know how bad it is.

Bo Wilson true freshman in the starting lineup. Looks like Wilson could be something special for us in the future, but having a true freshman in the lineup is disconcerting.

Its a good thing Cav brought in a top notch O-line class last year.

The black shirts are looking to maybe be a strength of this years team, I can't wait until the first few games to confirm that hope.

Overall takes from Sam after 2 weeks of practice:

LINCOLN — Nebraska’s offense hasn’t looked quite as good in August scrimmages as it did last season. Receivers aren’t running free. Backs aren’t galloping into the secondary.

Chalk that up, to some degree, to an improvement in Nebraska’s defense.

The defensive backs are better at everything. The linebackers are faster and more experienced. The complexity and diversity of the scheme are improved. And the defensive line, while it doesn’t look nearly as good on paper, may not be that far off the 2015 version, when you factor in a new coach, more motivation and a lack of personal agendas.

The offense, at least right now, looks pretty much the same.

It’ll hum and purr for a while, then sputter out with a penalty, negative play or turnover.

more -> http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mckewon-husker-defense-shows-progress-offense-looks-about-same/article_2989c575-3b95-56d7-8cb5-597bc1424cff.html

• Fire 1

Overall takes from Sam after 2 weeks of practice:

LINCOLN — Nebraska’s offense hasn’t looked quite as good in August scrimmages as it did last season. Receivers aren’t running free. Backs aren’t galloping into the secondary.

Chalk that up, to some degree, to an improvement in Nebraska’s defense.

What is he getting at with the personal agenda reference?

The defensive backs are better at everything. The linebackers are faster and more experienced. The complexity and diversity of the scheme are improved. And the defensive line, while it doesn’t look nearly as good on paper, may not be that far off the 2015 version, when you factor in a new coach, more motivation and a lack of personal agendas.

The offense, at least right now, looks pretty much the same.

It’ll hum and purr for a while, then sputter out with a penalty, negative play or turnover.

more -> http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mckewon-husker-defense-shows-progress-offense-looks-about-same/article_2989c575-3b95-56d7-8cb5-597bc1424cff.html