Keith Williams Suspended Two Weeks, Will Miss Four Games

BIG ERN

I dont see where the rush is. He was given a timeline and it is clear to all. There is no reason he can't work on the drinking problem as well as coach his guys. People go to AA and do their jobs all the time. It not like he got 2 DUI's in 6 months, it was 8 years apart. When I was younger, there were times I could have had a DUI 6-8 weekends in a row. Not proud of it now and have since quit drinking by choice and never had a DUI in my entire life. None of that changed my life now. This is not that big a deal IMO. Anything he could teach them in 6 months he can teach them now

you should be in prision

my bad since finished reading your post. Watched a local family killed by a 21 year old drunk driver makes me irrational. I read a stat somewhere that like 20% of every driver you meet after midnight is drunk. Congrats on not doing it anymore

I dont see where the rush is. He was given a timeline and it is clear to all. There is no reason he can't work on the drinking problem as well as coach his guys. People go to AA and do their jobs all the time. It not like he got 2 DUI's in 6 months, it was 8 years apart. When I was younger, there were times I could have had a DUI 6-8 weekends in a row. Not proud of it now and have since quit drinking by choice and never had a DUI in my entire life. None of that changed my life now. This is not that big a deal IMO. Anything he could teach them in 6 months he can teach them now

you should be in prision

my bad since finished reading your post. Watched a local family killed by a 21 year old drunk driver makes me irrational. I read a stat somewhere that like 20% of every driver you meet after midnight is drunk. Congrats on not doing it anymore

So you are saying 20% of all drivers should be on prison? Life's lesson is that sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and bad things happen to good people. I have had friends killed as well. Not something you want to happen but it does and always will to some extent. But my point really is that I was lucky and Keith was not. It does not make him a bad person nor me a good person. Everyone continues on with their life situation as it is dealt to them.

• Fire 1

What really happened here is that Brandon Reilly set a bad example for his coach, so it is really his fault. KW saw that their was no punishment publicly announced for Brandon and he thought it would be ok for him to do. I think BR just set his coach up to fail by setting a very poor example. Now they are both in trouble! :blink:

you should be in prision

So you are saying 20% of all drivers should be on prison? Life's lesson is that sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and bad things happen to good people. I have had friends killed as well. Not something you want to happen but it does and always will to some extent. But my point really is that I was lucky and Keith was not. It does not make him a bad person nor me a good person. Everyone continues on with their life situation as it is dealt to them.

Perhaps it was the pedestrians and other drivers out at those times who were lucky...

You, or Keith, or anyone else who willingly/knowingly drives distracted (from drinking, texting, etc.) may not be a bad person in general, but you/they are being a bad person at the time you willingly/knowingly engage in behavior that leads to putting other people's lives at risk.

• Fire 1

you should be in prision

Perhaps it was the pedestrians and other drivers out at those times who were lucky...

You, or Keith, or anyone else who willingly/knowingly drives distracted (from drinking, texting, etc.) may not be a bad person in general, but you/they are being a bad person at the time you willingly/knowingly engage in behavior that leads to putting other people's lives at risk.

Its true that everyone is lucky at one time or another. This is not a world of rainbows and puppydogs. This is reality and if you want to live in a would with very few drunk drivers then you need to move to the middle east. People do wrong things all the time. That is the real world in the USA and we all live or die with knowing that.

you should be in prision

Its true that everyone is lucky at one time or another. This is not a world of rainbows and puppydogs. This is reality and if you want to live in a would with very few drunk drivers then you need to move to the middle east. People do wrong things all the time. That is the real world in the USA and we all live or die with knowing that.

I think we're talking past each other a bit. I agree with what you say here. And I think I agree with much of what I thought you were trying to say in your earlier posts. I just took umbrage with how some things were phrased. Yes, bad things happen. "Many people do it", or "it happens all the time" (I'm paraphrasing, not quoting) is something we need to accept, but those doing it also need to accept that what they are doing is wrong and should make reasonable efforts to not do it or condone it. And that starts with thinking about the consequences of how ones actions might affect others instead of how it will affect oneself.

On the contrary, my world IS one of puppydogs. I currently have 6. I've had as many as 8 at one time. I've had 20 different dogs in the past 5 yrs. I'm a dog foster. :D

you should be in prision

Hello Jesus, its nice to finally meet you. I thought id have to wait til I died but this is way more convenient

• Fire 1

The misinformation about drinking and driving, alcohol in general and some of the nonchalant attitudes about dui's are just astonishing on this board.

Here's one little gem to learn ya up. Blood alcohol content is simply a function of quantity, time and your body weight. It doesnt matter if you're used to drinking heavily or not. You will blow what the science of the matter dictates. Doesn't matter if you do it every day or once every 4 years. If you drink enough in a short enough time frame your BAC and reaction time will show it. So those of you who are under the impression that you can drink too much and still drive or have a lower BAC because you're "used to it" are severely and dangerously misinformed. If you drink and drive, do society and yourself a favor and just stop. That family that doesn't lose a father or mother or child because you behaved responsibly will really appreciate it.

• Fire 3

The misinformation about drinking and driving, alcohol in general and some of the nonchalant attitudes about dui's are just astonishing on this board.

Here's one little gem to learn ya up. Blood alcohol content is simply a function of quantity, time and your body weight. It doesnt matter if you're used to drinking heavily or not. You will blow what the science of the matter dictates. Doesn't matter if you do it every day or once every 4 years. If you drink enough in a short enough time frame your BAC and reaction time will show it. So those of you who are under the impression that you can drink too much and still drive or have a lower BAC because you're "used to it" are severely and dangerously misinformed. If you drink and drive, do society and yourself a favor and just stop. That family that doesn't lose a father or mother or child because you behaved responsibly will really appreciate it.

Drinking habits absolutely factor into BAC. Your liver processes alcohol faster the more used to drinking your body gets. The faster it's processed results in a lower BAC. That's why the more you drink, the higher your toleration is.

Drinking habits absolutely factor into BAC. Your liver processes alcohol faster the more used to drinking your body gets. The faster it's processed results in a lower BAC. That's why the more you drink, the higher your toleration is.

To some extent yes, but as far as a discussion about drinking and driving, should people really allow for a little higher rate of processing? If a person has a drinking problem where higher or more frequent use of alcohol and their liver rate is playing a role, those are the people I'm most concerned about getting behind the wheel. The point is, don't drink and drive. Period. It's not worth it for anybody involved.

To some extent yes, but as far as a discussion about drinking and driving, should people really allow for a little higher rate of processing? If a person has a drinking problem where higher or more frequent use of alcohol and their liver rate is playing a role, those are the people I'm most concerned about getting behind the wheel. The point is, don't drink and drive. Period. It's not worth it for anybody involved.

I definitely agree with you there. I personally believe first offense DUI should result in significant jail time.

Honestly...this punishment is pathetic. I relaxed off of, "He should be let go no matter what", but he doesn't get paid for less than two weeks, then he gets to do everything he normally does except be on the sidelines during games.

He could have killed someone, and it's not the first time he's done it. There has to be weight to consequences towards something so serious. He's not an evil or bad guy, he might not even have a habitual or addiction problem, but he deserves more than such a slap on the wrist.

I thought the time off with no pay was light too, until it was noted that that essentially is a $15,000 fine. Thinking of it in those terms it felt sufficient to me.

Never post on here but I'm a 22 year old college student out of state and huge nebraska fan who's parents met as students. Mom died when I was 15 because of a drunk driver. Never saw me finish high school or get a college degree cause a guy, who already had a DUI on his record, chose to drink and drive and killed her. It's a big deal to some of us

• Fire 6

Honestly...this punishment is pathetic. I relaxed off of, "He should be let go no matter what", but he doesn't get paid for less than two weeks, then he gets to do everything he normally does except be on the sidelines during games.

He could have killed someone, and it's not the first time he's done it. There has to be weight to consequences towards something so serious. He's not an evil or bad guy, he might not even have a habitual or addiction problem, but he deserves more than such a slap on the wrist.

I thought the time off with no pay was light too, until it was noted that that essentially is a $15,000 fine. Thinking of it in those terms it felt sufficient to me.

Never post on here but I'm a 22 year old college student out of state and huge nebraska fan who's parents met as students. Mom died when I was 15 because of a drunk driver. Never saw me finish high school or get a college degree cause a guy, who already had a DUI on his record, chose to drink and drive and killed her. It's a big deal to some of us

I'm so sorry 90038. I can't imagine your loss.