Sports Illustrated: Why Mike Riley sees a bright future after the Huskers' 2015 nightmare

How, pray tell, did you infer that I'm acting like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record?Or is this just something else you made up about me?

Yes, totally made up. Or...

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire

LOL!

When you take partial quotes out of context, you can infer just about anything your myopic delusional heart desires.

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire that was just manhandled by the worst team in the conference

You also conveniently over looked this addendum:

Why would they?

Maybe because it was the first time in history that NU lost 6 games before November. Just lost to the worst opponent on NU's schedule, one of the worst Power Five conference teams out there. Gave up 55 points to a team that hadn't scored 50 points in the past 3 years. NU lost to a coach who had only beaten 2 FBS teams in his career at Purdue. Gained only 77 yards against the worst rush defense in the conference. The other schools look at Illinois, Northewestern, and Purdue on their schedules and laugh; but all 3 of those teams had just beaten NU, with Purdue's loss arguably being one of the most humiliating losses ever. Prior to the MSU game, the wheels had officially come off. Rock bottom, meet Nebraska. Everyone could see it. Even MSU. You may argue that we played a great game against MSU, or that MSU didn't take us lightly, but you cannot argue that there was no reason to take us lightly.

I'm still missing the part where you're not diminishing the MSU win.

It's okay to do that. Just be honest.

But that is not what others accused me of, is it now?

Nor was it the point that you claimed earlier that I was making.

How, pray tell, did you infer that I'm acting like scouting an opponent is simply looking at their record?Or is this just something else you made up about me?

LOL!

When you take partial quotes out of context, you can infer just about anything your myopic delusional heart desires.

Can't blame MSU for looking past a 3-6 dumpster fire that was just manhandled by the worst team in the conference

Why would they?

Maybe because it was the first time in history that NU lost 6 games before November. Just lost to the worst opponent on NU's schedule, one of the worst Power Five conference teams out there. Gave up 55 points to a team that hadn't scored 50 points in the past 3 years. NU lost to a coach who had only beaten 2 FBS teams in his career at Purdue. Gained only 77 yards against the worst rush defense in the conference. The other schools look at Illinois, Northewestern, and Purdue on their schedules and laugh; but all 3 of those teams had just beaten NU, with Purdue's loss arguably being one of the most humiliating losses ever. Prior to the MSU game, the wheels had officially come off. Rock bottom, meet Nebraska. Everyone could see it. Even MSU. You may argue that we played a great game against MSU, or that MSU didn't take us lightly, but you cannot argue that there was no reason to take us lightly.

1) But that is not what others accused me of, is it now?

2) Nor was it the point that you claimed earlier that I was making.

1) Yes it is.

2) Yes it was.

It's a beautiful day today. Let's go out and enjoy it.

• Fire 3

LOL!

Why would they?

1) But that is not what others accused me of, is it now?

2) Nor was it the point that you claimed earlier that I was making.

1) Yes it is.

2) Yes it was.

It's a beautiful day today. Let's go out and enjoy it.

1) no it isn't. I was accused of "tearing down" the win. Show me where I did that. I even admitted that it was a good win. Suggesting in a single, passing comment that an overconfidence of the opponent and contraversial ref call may have aided the win is hardly tearing down. Nor was it the point I was making.

2) no it wasnt. You said my point was to not count the MSU win because of the Purdue loss. That was not my point at all. I can understand not reading what others post, but do you even read what you post yourself? If you can't remember, you only have to scroll back a little to look it up. Your welcome. If you are going outside, don't forget your helmet.

LOL!

Umm, ok? That changes it how exactly?

At least your addendum had some context:

Why would they?

But none of that changes my point: you're diminishing the Husker's win over a top 10 team. In fact, your addendum quite clearly makes that case. And being snarky about other people's reading comprehension doesn't help your cause when you're either unable to make the point you want to make or unable to comprehend the point you're making. Fail indeed.

LOL!

Are you serious, Clark?

I don't know if any 3-6 team could be characterized as a "dumpster fire". A bad team, sure, but I think "dumpster fire" clearly implies a higher level of chaos under the hood. And if all someone did was look at an opponents record, then why would there be a reference to an opponent's opponent as the "worst team in the conference"? And why would they describe a loss as a "manhandling"? Even if they just looked at the score, a 10-point loss by itself could not be characterized as a "manhandling". This clearly implies evaluation of the games beyond just looking at a teams record.

I can't believe you're doubling down on your failure here, but when it's all you have I guess it's all you have...

Here's some more straws for you to grasp at:

grasping%2Bat%2Bstraws.jpg

You are really having trouble following chronology, aren't you?

Of course my addendum has more context, because I was addressing a specific reply instead of just making a general comment. It is somewhat orthogonal to the point made in my original post, but the addendum very clearly provides evaluation beyond just looking at the record, and you replied to a post I made right AFTER my addendum post, thus there is no reason for you to not have read it. That's on you, as it renders your above argument moot. You fail again. And fail further.

But none of that changes my point: you're diminishing the Husker's win over a top 10 team. In fact, your addendum quite clearly makes that case.

Again, you seem to have a comprehension problem. Read that post again. I acknowledge the MSU game as a great win. The case I am making in my addendum is that PRIOR to the MSU game, it would be very reasonable for MSU to regard Nebr as a pushover.

And being snarky about other people's reading comprehension doesn't help your cause when you're either unable to make the point you want to make or unable to comprehend the point you're making. Fail indeed.

"Unable"? No, I am very able. I indicated where to find the necessary info.

More like "unwilling" to hold someones hand to help them after receiving snark; mischaracterizing my posts by taking them out of context, and allusions to trolling and lack of knowledge and reading.

I give what I get. :nutz

We all cheer for the same team. What's the point of playing down a win against a top 10 team?

I only regret that I have but one +1 to give to this post.

Sorry, I'm not following the conversation, but I simply HAD to give you props fo' droppin' Nathan Hale bombs, an' gettin' COLONIAL on dat @ss!

tumblr_m81htjemVN1rq5xyjo1_250.gif

History's commin' alive in dis shizzy

+1

• Fire 2

LOL!

Are you serious, Clark?

I don't know if any 3-6 team could be characterized as a "dumpster fire". A bad team, sure, but I think "dumpster fire" clearly implies a higher level of chaos under the hood. And if all someone did was look at an opponents record, then why would there be a reference to an opponent's opponent as the "worst team in the conference"? And why would they describe a loss as a "manhandling"? Even if they just looked at the score, a 10-point loss by itself could not be characterized as a "manhandling". This clearly implies evaluation of the games beyond just looking at a teams record.

I can't believe you're doubling down on your failure here, but when it's all you have I guess it's all you have...

Of course my addendum has more context, because I was addressing a specific reply instead of just making a general comment. It is somewhat orthogonal to the point made in my original post, but the addendum very clearly provides evaluation beyond just looking at the record, and you replied to a post I made right AFTER my addendum post, thus there is no reason for you to not have read it. That's on you, as it renders your above argument moot. You fail again. And fail further.

But none of that changes my point: you're diminishing the Husker's win over a top 10 team. In fact, your addendum quite clearly makes that case.

Again, you seem to have a comprehension problem. Read that post again. I acknowledge the MSU game as a great win. The case I am making in my addendum is that PRIOR to the MSU game, it would be very reasonable for MSU to regard Nebr as a pushover.

And being snarky about other people's reading comprehension doesn't help your cause when you're either unable to make the point you want to make or unable to comprehend the point you're making. Fail indeed.

More like "unwilling" to hold someones hand to help them after receiving snark; mischaracterizing my posts by taking them out of context, and allusions to trolling and lack of knowledge and reading.

Going back to the "I'm just super smart and it's everyone else that's wrong" well has grown thin. The gifs are cute, not at all convincing, but cute. And the ITG act is ridiculous - it made me laugh, so thanks for that.

So you admit the MSU win was a great win for the Huskers. But then why say, "Can't blame MSU for (insert reasons)" if it's not to diminish the win? Examine the phrase "Can't blame..." and understand the context you're giving the rest of what you say.

LOL!

Are you serious, Clark?

Going back to the "I'm just super smart and it's everyone else that's wrong" well has grown thin. The gifs are cute, not at all convincing, but cute. And the ITG act is ridiculous - it made me laugh, so thanks for that.

So you admit the MSU win was a great win for the Huskers. But then why say, "Can't blame MSU for (insert reasons)" if it's not to diminish the win? Examine the phrase "Can't blame..." and understand the context you're giving the rest of what you say.

(Sigh...) here's the recap for you...

In speculating where our program actually is, there was an assertion that too much emphasis was placed on the first 9 games and very little on the last 4. I merely postulated that perhaps too much emphasis could be placed on the last 4 games as well. Then someone cherry-picked a phrase from my post and it went down a rabbit hole.

In regards to the MSU specifically, yes it was a great win. Any win against a top ten opponent is great, moreso considering where our program was at the time. But after the season was over and the euphoria has worn off, and looking at how MSU played the rest of their season, maybe they didn't deserve their top 10 ranking, which would take some of the shine off our win over them. Couple that with the possibility that they took us lightly and/or we were aided by a contraversial call, etc., our win over them (while still good) may not seem as great as it originally did, and doesn't necessarily define where our program is at, particularly when the remaiming 3 games weren't undoubtedly convincing either.

You're welcome.